Shrapnel's prizapalooza

Hi,

Yes, they've gone slightly mad at Shrapnel - it's not a contest, no it's
30 contests in 30 days with 30 regular prizes and an as yet unspecified
final prize.

http://www.shrapnelgames.com/News/pr_01.htm

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

[too bad they don't have a contest on who's giving them the most pr :) ]

--
"Ceterum censeo Belgicam delendam esse."
(Cato, 'Pro Gerolphe')

On 01 Sep 2005 17:50:39 GMT, Eddy Sterckx <eddysterckx@hotmail.com>
wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Yes, they've gone slightly mad at Shrapnel - it's not a contest, no it's
>30 contests in 30 days with 30 regular prizes and an as yet unspecified
>final prize.
>
>http://www.shrapnelgames.com/News/pr_01.htm

what a crummy contest. you have to hunt through 3 websites looking for
the image of the day and all you might win is a lousy coupon.

"The prizes will vary, ranging from merchandise to games to discount
coupons for your next order."

Art Weingardner <artg@softhome.net> wrote in

> On 01 Sep 2005 17:50:39 GMT, Eddy Sterckx <eddysterckx@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>Yes, they've gone slightly mad at Shrapnel - it's not a contest, no
it's
>>30 contests in 30 days with 30 regular prizes and an as yet
unspecified
>>final prize.
>>
>>http://www.shrapnelgames.com/News/pr_01.htm
>

> what a crummy contest. you have to hunt through 3 websites looking for
> the image of the day and all you might win is a lousy coupon.

Well, today's prize is not a coupon, but the "Remote Assault" game :)

..... and there's the final prize at the end they're doing a bit
mysterious about. Ok - it's not earth-shattering stuff, but nothing to
sneeze at either.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

--

On 02 Sep 2005 17:53:53 GMT, Eddy Sterckx <eddysterckx@hotmail.com>
wrote:
>Art Weingardner <artg@softhome.net> wrote in
>>
>> what a crummy contest. you have to hunt through 3 websites looking for
>> the image of the day and all you might win is a lousy coupon.
>
>Well, today's prize is not a coupon, but the "Remote Assault" game :)

so it's worse than a coupon then...BSF

Art Weingardner wrote:
> On 02 Sep 2005 17:53:53 GMT, Eddy Sterckx <eddysterckx@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
> >Art Weingardner <artg@softhome.net> wrote in
> >>
> >> what a crummy contest. you have to hunt through 3 websites looking for
> >> the image of the day and all you might win is a lousy coupon.
> >
> >Well, today's prize is not a coupon, but the "Remote Assault" game :)
>
> so it's worse than a coupon then...BSF

<sniff> people in here can be so cruel :)

Seriously : I'm checking every day to see if something I like isn't
that day's prize and only start hunting for the image then.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

eddysterckx@hotmail.com wrote:
> Art Weingardner wrote:
> > On 02 Sep 2005 17:53:53 GMT, Eddy Sterckx <eddysterckx@hotmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > >Art Weingardner <artg@softhome.net> wrote in

> > >Well, today's prize is not a coupon, but the "Remote Assault" game :)
> >
> > so it's worse than a coupon then...BSF
>
> <sniff> people in here can be so cruel :)
>
> Seriously : I'm checking every day to see if something I like isn't
> that day's prize and only start hunting for the image then.

[Going to regret this if someone in here wins it instead of me]

Today's prize : any (Shrapnel) game you'd like

.... and it literally takes only a few clicks max to find the graphic.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Thanks guys,

Already got a couple of "did you know/congrats" e-mails, but I noticed
it too on my daily visit to Shrapnel's website - apparantly I'm
yesterday's winner in Shrapnel's month-long daily contest.

.... and to the anonymous e-mailer with the fake return address who was
seriously pissed-off and claimed the contest was totally rigged : it
had already crossed my mind that as I participate in these contests as
well as announce them in here, this sort of thing was bound to happen
someday. Pure luck (and people IRL always tell me I'm a lucky bastard -
emphasis on bastard) or rigged, I don't know, and frankly, I don't care
either.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx