Sanyo 7400 Headset Mode Bug

Last response: in Network Providers
May 31, 2005 8:23:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

For the most part I really like my Sanyo 7400 with the exception of the
headset mode.

Before driving, I put on my headset and use voice dialing to dial all of my
calls. This seems to work well and is quite safe while driving since I do
not have to physically touch the phone. I simply press the button on the
headset and voice dial the number.

Here is the PROBLEM:

If I receive an incoming text message or voice mail message, the phone
places a message in the display to indicate that I have received a text or
volice mail message. If this occurs, I cannot initiate a call using the
headset pushbutton!! The phone does not respond to the headset pushbutton.
At this point, I have to open the phone and acknowledge the text message by
dismissing it. Only after dismissing the text message does the headset
pushbutton become operation again!!

This bug defeats the purpose of hands-free operation!! I should not ever
have to touch or open the phone in headset mode!!

-mij
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 5:26:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

In article <Zl6ne.2409$4p.846@fed1read03>, mijadyaw@nospam.net says...

> This bug defeats the purpose of hands-free operation!! I should not ever
> have to touch or open the phone in headset mode!!

Very interesting. I'm curious, just as a point of information, are you
aware of any phone that does not function this way?

Which is not a denial. I'm simply and only curious.

--
RØß
O/Siris

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

Good observation. Tried with my older Audiovox 9500. It works exactly
as your phone.

Although a pain at least it's consistant.

I can't originate a ordinary phone call either, until I clear the text
or VM reminder screen.

Think this is standard operation. Incoming text and VM are set as
priority notifications, above outgoing voice calls.

Wonder if there is some setting, other than removing Voicemail
alltogether? Perhaps removing the envelope notification? Meaning,
setting VM on but removing the notification sent to the handset.
I guess then the option to send a text or callback number would have to
be blocked, since a TM doesn't seem to be stored like a VM.

Not likely a work-around most would want.

-
David
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 6:05:00 AM

a totaly hand free phone would never happen because of the accessory
thing, that would put a damper on that!

--
Carla
!