Installation problem

Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 25, 2004 10:29:24 AM

I'm trying to install Homeworld on my PC which is running
Windows XP. I get the following error message:

"This application uses CTL3D32.DLL, which is not the
correct version. This version of CTL3D32.DLL is designed
only for Win32s or Windows 95 systems."

I've tried ignoring it, but it then claims it can't
recognise the CD after its finished installing.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

James

More about : installation problem

Anonymous
September 25, 2004 3:30:53 PM

Hi James,

"James" <jewfoster@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1f0f01c4a303$ac602cf0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
| I'm trying to install Homeworld on my PC which is running
| Windows XP. I get the following error message:
|
| "This application uses CTL3D32.DLL, which is not the
| correct version. This version of CTL3D32.DLL is designed
| only for Win32s or Windows 95 systems."
|
| I've tried ignoring it, but it then claims it can't
| recognise the CD after its finished installing.
|
| Can anyone help?
|
| Thanks,
|
| James

That error is known to have been caused by keyboard software and
out of date system files.

Let's try some basic troubleshooting. If the problem still persists
please post back and we'll try some more steps. Good luck! :-)

1. To see if it's a software conflict: Temporarily disable Startup
programs one at a time, starting with Firewall, Antivirus, and ad
blockers using: http://new.jtsoft2001.com/windows/startup.php

You can lookup what a program does before you disable it here:
http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php

2. Run a virus scan at: http://housecall.antivirus.com Afterwards
Download & Run Spybot from: http://security.kolla.de to find any
Trojans, Adware, or Spyware which could clog up your system.

3. Click My Computer / Rightclick the Drive & Choose Properties
/ Run the "Disk Cleanup..." / Next Click the "Tools" Tab and run
the "Error-Checking" and "Defragmentation" utilities.

4. Go to the Windows Update site for everything under Critical and
Recommended: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com Some games
require a patch: http://www.avault.com/pcrl/patches_list.asp?letter=a

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User