Sign in with
Your question

Sonar 7 crashes on Windows 7

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
June 28, 2012 12:06:27 AM

I've had my Sonar 7 for a few years now.
Been running it on Windows XP CoreDuo 1.8GHz / 2GB RAM with basically no trouble.
The PC Motherboard died. I couldn't find a new Motherboard just for WinXP and I couldn't see buying a used PC just for WinXP as it is now outdated, so I decided to upgrade to a better, faster PC:
Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
Core i3 @ 3.30GHz / 8GB Ram
Roland QuadCapture USB Audio Interface
NVIDIA GeForce 630 Video card

I have Sonar 7 Producer Edition (version 7.0.2).
Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
Core i3 @ 3.30GHz / 8GB Ram
Roland QuadCapture USB Audio Interface

Since I began using it, I've had nothing but problems with Sonar.
I installed Sonar 7 in 64bit mode running in Vista mode as required.
I always run it in Administrator Mode(Sonar/Roland recommended), I updated all drivers and followed Sonar/Rolands advice to increase performance to reduce any problems.
After about 30 minutes using Sonar I get a FATAL ERROR message and Sonar shuts down.
I've run diagnostics and can't find anything wrong. Everything works perfectly except Sonar 7.

Can any one help?

More about : sonar crashes windows

a b $ Windows 7
June 28, 2012 1:52:53 AM

Sonar 7 is discontinued. check with the manufacturer to see if it is compatible with windows 7. you may need to upgrade to a newer version.
m
l
June 28, 2012 3:33:30 AM

nhasian said:
Sonar 7 is discontinued. check with the manufacturer to see if it is compatible with windows 7. you may need to upgrade to a newer version.

Thanks,

Yes, I checked with Cakewalk and they said it works.
I just needed to install updates 7.0.1 then 7.0.2 in that order.....

http://blog.cakewalk.com/how-windows-7-will-effect-your...

Not only does it crash, but Sonar won't talk to me. I've called, did their online form and got a ticket, but there has been NO response.
m
l
February 11, 2013 12:18:51 AM

nhasian said:

IM SORRY, BUT SONAR 7.0 PRODUCER EDITION DOES WORK WITH WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64 BITS. I'VE BEEN WORKING WITH IT FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS.
YOU HAVE TO INSTALL IT AS A 32 BITS SOFWARE. YOU CAN ALSO INSTALL IT AS A 64 BITS, BUT MISSING SOME EFFECTS.

Blessing,
Rafael H
Video/ audio editor

m
l
!