Sims2/Directx

im trying to install directx 9.0 so i can install the
sims i cerently have directx 8.1 when i install an error
come up that says "a cabinet file necessary for
installation cannot be trusted" i read that Jimmy S tole
some one to see if there cryptographic services are
enabled im am very stupid when it comes to computers
and i dont know what that is or what else to do to get
this game up and going for my son if come onw can please
help i would greatly appriciate it

thanx Orange
1 answer Last reply
More about sims2 directx

    Hi Orangepride98,

    "orangepride98 (removethis) @yahoo.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | im trying to install directx 9.0 so i can install the
    | sims i cerently have directx 8.1 when i install an error
    | come up that says "a cabinet file necessary for
    | installation cannot be trusted" i read that Jimmy S tole
    | some one to see if there cryptographic services are
    | enabled im am very stupid when it comes to computers
    | and i dont know what that is or what else to do to get
    | this game up and going for my son if come onw can please
    | help i would greatly appriciate it
    |
    | thanx Orange

    Here are a few solutions for the DirectX 9 "Logo Testing" error,
    as well as other errors when trying to install patches or updates:

    1. Try the resolutions in this recently released MS article:

    2. Save and then Open the "DX9 Logo Error" patch on Line 189
    for WinXP at: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

    3. Repairing Windows is our final option. Boot from your Windows
    CD (you may have to press F12 while starting up, or change the
    bootup order in your BIOS) and then follow the instructions at:
    http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm Good luck! :-)

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Sims Directx Video Games