Problem with Santa Cruz

kujorulez

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2002
I use a turtle beach santa cruz sound card with a 5.1 setup..... My problem i am 99% sure is in the soundcard or software (not speakers). What happens is the sound works perfectly for a while, but randomly when the song changes or the volume is changed on the computer, the left side (both front and rear) will lose most of their volume, and the whole thing sounds really off balance. I can easily fix the problem by just moving a volume knob in the SC control panel, but then when the song changes or volume i have to do it again, it is extremely annoying. Anyone have any ideas at all?? I re-installed card and drivers, didn't work.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
-Ethan Samson
esamson@uiuc.edu
AIM - kujorulez

I'm running a TBSC also, if you're running Win98, or 98SE, it could be an IRQ conflict, if its not an IRQ conflict, then you may have gotten a bad card, and would need to send it back, and have it replaced. Whats your OP/SYS and system specs?

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>

If you're running Win XP, its not an IRQ problem, you said you uninstalled and reinstalled the soundcard, have you moved it to a different PCI slot, PCI 3 seems to work good for the Turtle on most M/Bs.

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>