Can I join Sprint via web page?

Dumb question on my part..... but please bear with me.

I'm currently a US Cellular user thinking abt switching
to Sprint

Reason I wanna go with Sprint is cause I wan a Treo 650
smart phone

However I live in a small town and the local Sprint
stores aren't so impressive.

Can I bypass these stores and buy the 650 and start a
Sprint acct all online WITHOUT even using a local
Sprint store?

If yes...... are there any advantages or disadvantages
to doing that?
13 answers Last reply
More about join sprint page

    me@privacy.net wrote:

    > Can I bypass these stores and buy the 650 and start a
    > Sprint acct all online WITHOUT even using a local
    > Sprint store?

    Sure. I activated my second line and bought my phone by calling Telesales. I
    believe their number is 888-253-5115, but the website will say for sure. You
    can do that, or use the web, and either way you won't have to go into the
    stores. At least I'm pretty sure you can. They have to run a credit check if
    you don't already have an account, but that shouldn't be any big deal...

    I don't know exactly how the credit check works online or via Telesales,
    because they only ran a check when I activated my first line, and I did that
    at a store.

    > If yes...... are there any advantages or disadvantages
    > to doing that?

    I don't know about online - I've never turned on service using the website.
    Telesales wasn't bad. They shipped a phone to me - it was already activated;
    there are upsides and downsides to that (you don't have to activate the
    phone, you can use it once you get it, but if you don't receive the phone
    for some reason, you need to let Sprint know ASAP so they can deactivate the
    phone).

    --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

    <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > Can I bypass these stores and buy the 650 and start a
    > Sprint acct all online WITHOUT even using a local
    > Sprint store?
    >
    > If yes...... are there any advantages or disadvantages
    > to doing that?

    The advantage is you don't have to wait behind two women that literally take
    20 minutes to chose between a red or black face plate.

    >The advantage is you don't have to wait behind two women that literally take
    >20 minutes to chose between a red or black face plate.

    Hahaha!

    No doubt!

    Yes: but when you purchase on-line, you are prompted for some information,
    that perhaps you'd feel more comfortable doing in person. If you know what
    you want, then on-line is perfect. Make sure that any site where you give
    information is either https, or veri-signed so your information is secure.

    That said: www.better-price-wireless.biz (my on-line site) allows you to
    purchase on-line as well. You get better prices on phones and a free cla.
    You can verify the prices yourself: follow the link, pick sprint as your
    carrier, input your zip code and select the phone/plan of your choice.
    Probably the only big benefit, different from the lower price, is that you
    can pick any US area code where Sprint does service. Currently offering 15
    phones, 7 are free; and all come with a car charger. Sprint's web site has
    21 phones, and 2 are free, none come with a car charger. I think we can
    save you $50-$100 (if you count the free cla) per phone. Either way, you'll
    be fine: online with Sprint, online with us. dr
    --
    dr.news Better Price? (not better than you deserve, just more than you are
    used to)

    <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > Dumb question on my part..... but please bear with me.
    >
    > I'm currently a US Cellular user thinking abt switching
    > to Sprint
    >
    > Reason I wanna go with Sprint is cause I wan a Treo 650
    > smart phone
    >
    > However I live in a small town and the local Sprint
    > stores aren't so impressive.
    >
    > Can I bypass these stores and buy the 650 and start a
    > Sprint acct all online WITHOUT even using a local
    > Sprint store?
    >
    > If yes...... are there any advantages or disadvantages
    > to doing that?

    >That said: www.better-price-wireless.biz (my on-line site)

    Link doesn't work

    >>That said: www.better-price-wireless.biz (my on-line site)
    >
    >Link doesn't work

    http://better-price.biz/ sells wireless phones online. BUT if he
    can't remember the link to his online store .... It's not a
    confidence builder!

    In article <d7vjuq$iak$1@ratbert.glorb.com>, sjsobol@JustThe.net says...
    > > If yes...... are there any advantages or disadvantages
    > > to doing that?
    >
    > I don't know about online - I've never turned on service using the website.
    > Telesales wasn't bad. They shipped a phone to me - it was already activated;
    > there are upsides and downsides to that (you don't have to activate the
    > phone, you can use it once you get it, but if you don't receive the phone
    > for some reason, you need to let Sprint know ASAP so they can deactivate the
    > phone).

    Yeah, I'd have to say that the wait, and the activated phone are the two
    downsides. It seems the phone arrives in about 3 days, from what I've
    seen people report here. With a new account like yours, the credit
    check occurs as you sign up. And it'll tell you before it does the
    check. With me, I bought a phone straight up from Best Buy, then went
    home and created by account. So my experience isn't an exact match.

    My suggestion: get the Telesales phone number and complete the process
    that way. They are *not* trained in the technical details, so you'll
    get uncomfortable silences if you ask stuff like what OS the Treo uses,
    and other such questions. But they seem to have been pretty good at
    getting you setup other than that.

    At least, in the 18 or so months that I worked for Sprint, I never
    actually recognized an account that Telesales setup that I had to fix.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris

    Andy Zoff wrote:
    >>>That said: www.better-price-wireless.biz (my on-line site)
    >>
    >>Link doesn't work
    >

    > http://better-price.biz/ sells wireless phones online. BUT if he
    > can't remember the link to his online store .... It's not a
    > confidence builder!

    I agree. Btw, what is Cla?
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Stupid me.... www.better-price-wireless.com; or go directly to
    http://sprint.better-price.biz. Yes one is a biz, and one is a com;
    probably my fault, but no worry. I often get the biz/com confused. This is
    a site where you can buy something, if you don't need prices or comparisons,
    don't go.

    --

    > >That said: www.better-price-wireless.biz (my on-line site)
    >
    > Link doesn't work
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Andy's right, I just took a hit for being careless, sorry. Good thing the
    phones/prices/plans are solid!
    --

    "Andy Zoff" <Andy Zoff@cartalk.edu> wrote in message
    >>>That said: www.better-price-wireless.biz (my on-line site)
    >>
    >>Link doesn't work
    >
    > http://better-price.biz/ sells wireless phones online. BUT if he
    > can't remember the link to his online store .... It's not a
    > confidence builder!

  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    CLA is tech-speak for Cigarette - Lighter - Adapter; otherwise known as a
    car adapter, or 12vdc adapter. The industry folks refer to it as a cla.
    Sorry again. dr.
    --

    "C M" <cymallen@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > Andy Zoff wrote:
    <snip>
    >> http://better-price.biz/ sells wireless phones online. BUT if he
    >> can't remember the link to his online store .... It's not a
    >> confidence builder!
    >>
    > I agree. Btw, what is Cla?
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Does anyone have Snap Media Software For the Sanyo 4920 Cell Phone.
    I have the USB Cable to hook it up to my computer, but need the
    software to transfer images and ringtones.

    mojohaas@yahoo.com
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    me@privacy.net wrote:
    > Dumb question on my part..... but please bear with me.
    >
    > I'm currently a US Cellular user thinking abt switching
    > to Sprint
    >
    > Reason I wanna go with Sprint is cause I wan a Treo 650
    > smart phone
    >
    > However I live in a small town and the local Sprint
    > stores aren't so impressive.
    >
    > Can I bypass these stores and buy the 650 and start a
    > Sprint acct all online WITHOUT even using a local
    > Sprint store?

    Yes you could. You can order your phone on the sprintpcs.com website
    and pick the plan you want. The phone will arrive by UPS (1-3 days),
    and you'll be set.

    > If yes...... are there any advantages or disadvantages
    > to doing that?

    Advantage: no haning around at the Sprint store.

    Disadvantage: no instant gratification. You'll have to wait for UPS to
    deliver your phone, instead of being able to walk in and out with a new
    phone on the same day.

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

Sprint PCS Internet Service Providers