Gateway at 'fault'

JDlaconic

Distinguished
May 20, 2002
Order date: 10/31/01
Ship date: 11/0101

Date received: "Oh, it looks like some-time in November" - Gateway 'tech' and customer service supporters ...

Total Usage of the Gateway 9550 solo LS, without the need of technical support entailing 'reformatting' (four times via 'help' of tech support) and the shippment of the notebook to 'Texas' recommended by Gateway for 'hardware problems' ... 3 weeks.

I want my money back! Warranty does not specify anything regarding defects in the hard drives - sound drives (speakers responsible for Monsoon failure - this suspected) ...
First thirty days (the days in which one is allowed the 'full refund'), laptop was sitting at the service station at local Gateway store.
"Seven days" said the CS supporter. Return 12 days later ... "We have not even looked at it yet."
Seven descriptive pages were included replete with all info. regarding what I had done (nothing) and how the notebook responded.
They "Replaced the notebook" ... - Same serial no.? Did not make the connection. Applications CD is missing - as well, none of the software programs were pre-installed. Opted 'not' to go online without the 'Applications' CD - which installs Norton 2002.
Four days of 're-formatting' with four different techs ... Entailing phone calls (still consider considerate) at 2:00 in the morning. Each tech suggests a 'different approach' ... "Let's do it a better way ... Put the 'Drivers' CD in first."
After MORE than four days of 're-formatting' attempts, 'Head of tech support' decides to send out a new hard-drive. I have XP professional ... They sent me XP home. Should not make a difference, but after reading postings from Microsoft Newsgroups plus seeing and hearing otherwise - I opt not to "install XP Home anyway, cause you could upgrade it to professional anyway!"
Computer has been in service since the llth, this May, 02. This time for Hardware and LCD problems ('slipped' out of a naiive Gateway ally).
I paid $2,800 for this notebook. It is now worth $1,700 with ten gigs extra. My notebook was to come with 20 gigs and 256 RAM. It came with 124 Ram. When I asked about this discrepancy, "Well, you could get the extra RAM if you pay for it."
Later (approx. two weeks later) "BTW, we gave you that extra 124 RAM for free, don't worry about it."

Dis-regarding my seven pages worth of notes, they blamed the notebook solely for a problem with the DVD driver (caused by a technician).

I think I deserve my money back. Anybody disagree? My 'E-Machine' 333mhz (opened up drive - found it was around 270) worked much better - and a beating at that. This notebook is placed in a foam case, ventilated, and cleaned daily.

'Irked'

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Sounds like a heck of an experience...

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/canada/about.php?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/canada/about.php?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

TRENDING THREADS