Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

SPCS EV-DO Rollout Schedule

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 3:27:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

http://www.sprintpcsinfo.com/modules.php?name=News&file...

This is Sprint's internal schedule for EV-DO launches, and is subject to
change, and most likely will change.

May 2005
Atlanta, Charlotte, Cleveland, Columbus, Connecticut, Dallas (partial),
Denver, Des Moines, Detroit, Ft. Myers (partial), Indianapolis (partial),
Kansas City, Las Vegas, Miami, Minneapolis, Newark, New Orleans, Omaha,
Orlando (partial), Philadelphia, Releigh-Greensboro, Sacramento (partial),
San Antonio, San Francisco (partial), Tampa (partial)

June 2005
Austin, Boston, Houston, Los Angeles, New York City, Rio Grande Valley, St.
Louis

July 2005
Chicago, Corpus Christie, Milwaukee, Phoenix, San Diego, Seattle

August 2005
Dallas, Ft. Myers, Sacramento, San Francisco, Washington DC

September 2005
Orlando

October
Indianapolis, Tampa

Q1 2006
All remaining corporate markets, and affiliate markets

Partial launches refer to either an airport-only launch, or an
airport-and-partial-metro launch.

In addition, Sprint will still be testing these areas and fine-tuning them
until the official launch of consumer EV-DO services, in the third quarter.
Based on the deployment outlook, it is currently expected that EV-DO will
launch in August, though that also depends on the ability for Sprint to
maintain this schedule as well as device availability and approval.

More about : spcs rollout schedule

Anonymous
June 7, 2005 3:39:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

N2 wrote:
> http://www.sprintpcsinfo.com/modules.php?name=News&file...
>
> This is Sprint's internal schedule for EV-DO launches, and is subject to
> change, and most likely will change.
>
> May 2005
> Atlanta, Charlotte, Cleveland, Columbus, Connecticut, Dallas (partial),
> Denver, Des Moines, Detroit, Ft. Myers (partial), Indianapolis (partial),
> Kansas City, Las Vegas, Miami, Minneapolis, Newark, New Orleans, Omaha,
> Orlando (partial), Philadelphia, Releigh-Greensboro, Sacramento (partial),
> San Antonio, San Francisco (partial), Tampa (partial)
>
> June 2005
> Austin, Boston, Houston, Los Angeles, New York City, Rio Grande Valley, St.
> Louis

Are these metro areas, or markets? In other words, does "Cleveland" include
all of the Northeast Ohio area including the smaller cities of Ashtabula,
Akron, etc.? Does "Los Angeles" include San Bernardino, Riverside, and the
Victor Valley? Or does this schedule refer simply to the cities themselves
and not the outlying areas?

--
JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)

"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 10:41:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"N2" <none@nunya.com> wrote in message news:JFlpe.7529$qr.3538@fed1read06...
>
http://www.sprintpcsinfo.com/modules.php?name=News&file...
>
> This is Sprint's internal schedule for EV-DO launches, and is subject to
> change, and most likely will change.
>
> May 2005
> Atlanta, Charlotte, Cleveland, Columbus, Connecticut, Dallas (partial),
> Denver, Des Moines, Detroit, Ft. Myers (partial), Indianapolis (partial),
> Kansas City, Las Vegas, Miami, Minneapolis, Newark, New Orleans, Omaha,
> Orlando (partial), Philadelphia, Releigh-Greensboro, Sacramento (partial),
> San Antonio, San Francisco (partial), Tampa (partial)
>
> June 2005
> Austin, Boston, Houston, Los Angeles, New York City, Rio Grande Valley,
St.
> Louis
>
> July 2005
> Chicago, Corpus Christie, Milwaukee, Phoenix, San Diego, Seattle
>
> August 2005
> Dallas, Ft. Myers, Sacramento, San Francisco, Washington DC
>
> September 2005
> Orlando
>
> October
> Indianapolis, Tampa
>
> Q1 2006
> All remaining corporate markets, and affiliate markets
>
> Partial launches refer to either an airport-only launch, or an
> airport-and-partial-metro launch.
>
> In addition, Sprint will still be testing these areas and fine-tuning them
> until the official launch of consumer EV-DO services, in the third
quarter.
> Based on the deployment outlook, it is currently expected that EV-DO will
> launch in August, though that also depends on the ability for Sprint to
> maintain this schedule as well as device availability and approval.

I know that SPCS has released one pcmcia data card for EVDO, but has not
released an EVDO capable phones yet. Anyone hear any rumors as to new phone
models soon to be released that will have EVDO capability?

Bob
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 11:17:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 18:41:17 GMT, "Bob Smith" wrote
>I know that SPCS has released one pcmcia data card for EVDO, but has not
>released an EVDO capable phones yet. Anyone hear any rumors as to new phone
>models soon to be released that will have EVDO capability?

A couple of weeks back when there were some some posts here about EVDO
being available on in some markets for testing, I myself was wondering
what these folks were using to access it.

Is there any chance that some of the phones Sprint currently sells are
actually EVDO-capable, but that Sprint has disabled and concealed the
EVDO capability until the network is ready???

Joe Huber
huber.joseph@comcast.net
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 9:38:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 19:17:41 -0500, Joseph Huber
<huber.joseph@comcast.net> wrote:

>On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 18:41:17 GMT, "Bob Smith" wrote
>>I know that SPCS has released one pcmcia data card for EVDO, but has not
>>released an EVDO capable phones yet. Anyone hear any rumors as to new phone
>>models soon to be released that will have EVDO capability?
>
>A couple of weeks back when there were some some posts here about EVDO
>being available on in some markets for testing, I myself was wondering
>what these folks were using to access it.

I use the Sierra Wireless 580, model AC580EVDO. Looks just like the
550 that's been around for years.

>Is there any chance that some of the phones Sprint currently sells are
>actually EVDO-capable, but that Sprint has disabled and concealed the
>EVDO capability until the network is ready???

I wouldn't know, but it seems very doubtful.


--
Paul Miner
!