Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Wireless Bridge

Last response: in Wireless Networking
March 9, 2013 2:05:02 AM

Please I need some help setting a wireless bridge
TP-LINK TL-WR841N as base and D-Link 614 as receiver. Any advise please.
The TP-LINK TL-WR841N does support WDS, and I'm not sure abouy the D-Link.

More about : wireless bridge

a c 75 F Wireless
March 9, 2013 8:09:51 AM

are you talking about a D-Link AirPlus DI-614+?

this is a B-wireless router and the only this it is good for is door stopper or paper weight
March 9, 2013 11:24:01 AM

frogman said:
Please I need some help setting a wireless bridge
TP-LINK TL-WR841N as base and D-Link 614 as receiver. Any advise please.
The TP-LINK TL-WR841N does support WDS, and I'm not sure abouy the D-Link.

I am Sorry Emerald I was wrong it is DIR615 (hardware version E3 and firmware version 5.10).
At one time time I had it flashed with DD-wrt and before I stored it I put it back to factory settings.
It does still work good but i upgraded to the TP_Link it has a stronger signal and wider area coverage.
Thanks for responding.
Related resources
a b F Wireless
March 9, 2013 12:07:21 PM

If you're trying to bridge these using WDS, that may be a problem.

WDS is not a WiFi certified protocol, so implementations vary and therefore incompatibilities are VERY common. Sometimes you get lucky, but unless the two devices are identical (same make, same model), or same firmware (e.g., both dd-wrt), it's unlikely to work. Doesn't mean I wouldn't try anyway, but it's a simple configuration (basically you identify each AP to the other via their respective mac address), and if it doesn’t work within the first few tries, they’re probably incompatible. Even if it works initially, it may fail later or prove unreliable.

That’s why so many ppl have turned to “universal” bridging over WDS since that’s based on the WiFi B/G/N standards.

Best solution

a c 75 F Wireless
March 9, 2013 4:33:00 PM

go back to DD-WRT firmware and set it up as a Repeater Bridge
!