NTLDR not recognizing HD

personificator

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2003
Hello. I have Compaq Presario 5200US and I just recently had it running fine with Windows XP running 2 HD's. (an olds 2.5 gb, and 9 gb). I just recently took the 2.5gb HD and put it in another computer and formated both using FDISK to make the 9gb HD the primary active partition. Now when I try to install Windows XP I get an NTLDR problem:
"couldn't open drive multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)
NTLDR: couldn't open drive multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)".
So I looked in the boot.ini startup file on C:\ and it has a "default = signiture(c9512da3)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS". Is this a problem with windows not installing correctly or a bios setting? Please help. I have done tests on the HD and has had no errors.
Thank you.

P.S. The windows XP disk installs fine on other computers.

Computers don't make errors, humans do.

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
press F10 to go in the bios. go to the page with boot order. you will see a "+" next to it. go on boot order and hit enter. it will open up and you will see the different choices. there should be CD ROM, hard drive 0, floppy, and network device or other device... i don't really remember. use the "+ and or -" keys on your keypad to put your hd at the top of the list.

So I looked in the boot.ini startup file on C:\ and it has a "default = signiture(c9512da3)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS".

it should read: "default = signiture(c9512da3)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS"
also i don't think the "signiture(c9512da3)" is needed.

<font color=orange><b>these days every one knows how small your penis is, and they are dying to help you with many many penis enlargement emails.