WPA Security not supported????

henry

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2003

I purchased an MN-820 Notebook kit and can connect with
WEP encryption, but not WPA. I am able to update the
base station to WPA encryption, but when I try to access
the network from my laptop, I get the message that "The
selected network requires WPA security which is not
supported by the microsoft broadband utility." I have
loaded service pack 1 and the XP WPA patch on the
laptop. Any ideas?

Are you current with Windows Update? There are two updates related to WiFi
in XP. Do you have Wireless Zero Configuration enabled and running in
Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services?
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP

"Henry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I purchased an MN-820 Notebook kit and can connect with
> WEP encryption, but not WPA. I am able to update the
> base station to WPA encryption, but when I try to access
> the network from my laptop, I get the message that "The
> selected network requires WPA security which is not
> supported by the microsoft broadband utility." I have
> loaded service pack 1 and the XP WPA patch on the
> laptop. Any ideas?

joker

You need to uninstall the software & use Windows XP to perform the WPA
connection.