Sandisk SD WiFi

July 1, 2004 5:05:25 AM

"Palm Support for OS 5.x devices is estimated for Q2"

Can't wait till midnight. :-)

--
SALMON DAY - The experience of spending an entire day swimming
upstream only to get screwed and die in the end.

More about : sandisk wifi

Anonymous
July 1, 2004 5:05:26 AM

"Charles Hawtrey" <chawtrey@hotpop.com> wrote in message
> "Palm Support for OS 5.x devices is estimated for Q2"
>
> Can't wait till midnight. :-)
>

> --
> SALMON DAY - The experience of spending an entire day swimming
> upstream only to get screwed and die in the end.

I've seen a few website reports saying Sandisk has produced their Wi-Fi SD
card for Zire 71 ONLY. It's supposed to be in stores "early July". I really
don't think it's vaporware--these sites reviewed it, with screen shots of
the Wi-Fi utility and everything. They also include a web browser: with
proxy server you can turn off if you want. Just Google for the card
("sandisk", "wi-fi", "palm") and you'll find it. The caveat is that it's
only for the Zire 71; no other Palms.

I think it's incredible that those goofs at Sandisk still have "Palm support
coming Q2 2004" on their website when they apparently have the product ready
to sell. You'd think they'd have at least a blurb saying "Zire 71 support
here now!".

Anyway, I'll check my local CompUSA this weekend...

July 2, 2004 3:59:46 AM

Any idea why it shouldn't work on Tungsten T? The TT & Zire 31 basically has the same specification apart fr the Bluetooth (TT)vs camera (Z31)

Rgds.
Piloteers do it on the road
July 2, 2004 5:17:45 AM

There was a discussion about SD support for WiFi some time ago and one of
the possible issues is power. It was stated that some Palm units do not have
enough power to run a SD WiFi card. Not sure if this was speculation or
actually had some basis in fact.

Cheers
TC

"Palmpilot" <palmpilot@nowhere.com> wrote in message
Any idea why it shouldn't work on Tungsten T? The TT & Zire 31 basically has
the same specification apart fr the Bluetooth (TT)vs camera (Z31)

Rgds.
Piloteers do it on the road
Anonymous
July 2, 2004 5:17:46 AM

"Tony Clark" <curiousgeorge1964@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> There was a discussion about SD support for WiFi some time ago and one of
> the possible issues is power. It was stated that some Palm units do not
have
> enough power to run a SD WiFi card. Not sure if this was speculation or
> actually had some basis in fact.
>
> Cheers
> TC
>
> "Palmpilot" <palmpilot@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Any idea why it shouldn't work on Tungsten T? The TT & Zire 31 basically
has
> the same specification apart fr the Bluetooth (TT)vs camera (Z31)
>
> Rgds.
> Piloteers do it on the road

I believe this card is a revised version from Sandisk, with lower power
consumption than the "current" one. It actually names specific Zire 71
compatibility on the package, according to the photos on the review sites I
saw. Again, Google...

July 2, 2004 6:48:21 AM

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 01:17:45 GMT, Tony Clark had this to say...

> There was a discussion about SD support for WiFi some time ago and one of
> the possible issues is power. It was stated that some Palm units do not have
> enough power to run a SD WiFi card. Not sure if this was speculation or
> actually had some basis in fact.
>
> Cheers
> TC
>
> "Palmpilot" <palmpilot@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Any idea why it shouldn't work on Tungsten T? The TT & Zire 31 basically has
> the same specification apart fr the Bluetooth (TT)vs camera (Z31)
>
> Rgds.
> --

This is what I recall also, IMSMC they actually burn out circuitry in a
Treo testing the card.

--
Hope this helps.
Jim Anderson