Okay, Let's try Eudora!

June 30, 2004 10:34:59 PM

Okay Thunderbird didn't work out too well, so let's see if I can sync
my e-mail with Eudora.

If I use Eudora on my Windows XP laptop and put the Palm version of
Eudora on my Tungsten T, will it sync my messages in the inbox to my
Palm?

Anyone have any experience with this?

More about : eudora

Anonymous
July 1, 2004 6:09:04 AM

On 30 Jun 2004 18:34:59 -0700, John Newsome had this to say...

> Okay Thunderbird didn't work out too well, so let's see if I can sync
> my e-mail with Eudora.
>
> If I use Eudora on my Windows XP laptop and put the Palm version of
> Eudora on my Tungsten T, will it sync my messages in the inbox to my
> Palm?
>
> Anyone have any experience with this?

It is supposed to, thousands of people do it with no problems.
It's going to be fun reading about all your problems and how Palm should
have done this and PPC does that. And could we get a rant about
MacIntosh somewhere in the middle?

--
Hope this helps.
Jim Anderson

> And could we get a rant about
> MacIntosh somewhere in the middle?

ACTUALLY, I did use Outlook Express on my OS9 iMac. It was a
completely different beast than the Windows version, built from the
ground up by the Microsoft Mac team and was a very good e-mail
program. I found a freeware conduit that, if OE was open, would take
any unread messages in my inbox and put them in the Palm Mail program.
I would download my mail in OE, then leave the ones I wanted to sync
as unread. Any messages in the outbox on my Palm would be placed in
the outbox of OE on my iMac ready to be sent. It all worked pretty
smoothly, but now I have moved on to an HP Pavilion laptop with
Windows XP and I'm trying to get this done without having to use the
Virus-prone Outlook or Outlook Express. I have recently switched to
Mozilla Firefox to keep from having to use Internet Explorer and
Thunderbird to keep from having to use Outlook or Express.

Oh, and just so you know, I have had this laptop since early April. I
have Norton Anti-Virus that I run weekly on it, and it has already
found an infected program. I added Ad-aware and Spybot tonight, and
when I ran Spybot there were 64 problems on here. I ran my iMac for
over 5 years with not a single virus. Yeah, Mac OS in inferior.
Right.
July 1, 2004 11:22:01 PM

jnewsome@gmail.com (John Newsome) wrote in news:7075f45b.0406301734.253c3647
@posting.google.com:

> If I use Eudora on my Windows XP laptop and put the Palm version of
> Eudora on my Tungsten T, will it sync my messages in the inbox to my
> Palm?
>
> Anyone have any experience with this?

No, only another suggestion to try. I've been using Pegasus for years, and
it's the best email client I've found. I don't use it for syncing with my
Palm, though, and don't know if it will do that. I've never wanted to put
email on my Palm, so I never even investigated that.

--
Regards,

Stan
Anonymous
July 2, 2004 2:23:01 AM

Stan Gosnell <fakename@fakeaddress.com> wrote in message news:<Xns951992265B078stanghalpc@204.52.135.40>...
> jnewsome@gmail.com (John Newsome) wrote in news:7075f45b.0406301734.253c3647
> @posting.google.com:
>
> > If I use Eudora on my Windows XP laptop and put the Palm version of
> > Eudora on my Tungsten T, will it sync my messages in the inbox to my
> > Palm?
> >
> > Anyone have any experience with this?
>
> No, only another suggestion to try. I've been using Pegasus for years, and
> it's the best email client I've found. I don't use it for syncing with my
> Palm, though, and don't know if it will do that. I've never wanted to put
> email on my Palm, so I never even investigated that.

I appreciate the suggestion, and I did put Pegasus on my dad's Windows
98 machine to use when I visited him (freeware). Pegusus is a nice
e-mail program, but I'm very happy with Thunderbird. I just want to
know how to get my mail on my Palm without having to use Outlook or
Outlook Express. They are too succeptable to back door or security
flaw viruses/trojans.
Anonymous
July 2, 2004 2:23:25 AM

Stan Gosnell <fakename@fakeaddress.com> wrote in message news:<Xns951992265B078stanghalpc@204.52.135.40>...
> jnewsome@gmail.com (John Newsome) wrote in news:7075f45b.0406301734.253c3647
> @posting.google.com:
>
> > If I use Eudora on my Windows XP laptop and put the Palm version of
> > Eudora on my Tungsten T, will it sync my messages in the inbox to my
> > Palm?
> >
> > Anyone have any experience with this?
>
> No, only another suggestion to try. I've been using Pegasus for years, and
> it's the best email client I've found. I don't use it for syncing with my
> Palm, though, and don't know if it will do that. I've never wanted to put
> email on my Palm, so I never even investigated that.

I appreciate the suggestion, and I did put Pegasus on my dad's Windows
98 machine to use when I visited him (freeware). Pegusus is a nice
e-mail program, but I'm very happy with Thunderbird. I just want to
know how to get my mail on my Palm without having to use Outlook or
Outlook Express. They are too succeptable to back door or security
flaw viruses/trojans.
Anonymous
July 2, 2004 2:23:51 AM

!