How to reinstall atheros wireless adapter

syaa

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
Hello,
i just accidentally uninstall the atheros AR928X network adapter.
so what should i do?
i cant reach the internet

ktriebol

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2013
Go into device manager. Click on the "Action" menu. Select "Scan for hardware changes". That should install your wireless adapter. You should now see your wireless adapter listed under Network Adapters in device manager.

LilyInn

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013

elivetriseh

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013

nara_dhipa

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013

What should i do if i deleted the driver? Please help me

mjnewsum

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014

I am having the same issue... I was told to delete the wireless adapter drivers to fix a network issue, I ran the Action - Scan for Hardware Changes, and nothing happened. The wireless adapter did not show up in the network adapters, and I am unable to use wifi. I tried updating windows and searching for drivers, but no solution so far. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

lesliedollinger

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014

In my device manager, there is only help in the drop down action menu. ?

ktriebol

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2013
Before you click on the Action menu, click on one of the devices listed in device manager (any device) to highlight it. Then when you click on the Action menu, you should see "Scan for hardware changes" listed.

rjasdifj

Reputable
Feb 1, 2015
Hello, I wanted to uninstall commview driver on my atheros card and all you have to do get it back is go into ur wireless adapter properties page, driver tab, update driver, browse driver software on comp, let me pick from a list then choose a previous driver from the list, it appears the original driver remains on windows even after uninstall.

blogsworth

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014
This is not a permanent fix. Every time I shut down the computer my similar Intel network adapter goes walkabout and I have to "scan for hardware" again and again. The drivers are bang up-to-date so can someone advise on a permanent solution?

trytohelp

Reputable
Dec 9, 2015
I have the same problem but I managed to solve it. Here my solution, install driver from internet (atheros... according to your laptop/os), open device manager. On network controller(not network adapter), click update device and manually select the directory where you install your internet driver. Then it will update detect and install automatically. I hope this help you guys, use internet wisely :D