Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Some folders are not deleting from my memory card

Last response: in Windows 7
June 28, 2012 2:17:33 PM

Hello,
help me :
my memory card shows some folders and in this some files wid name like these charters Ω Σyïº.≥╒ and they are not deleting..i also try to delete this folder & file with unlocker and it also failed to delete those file..
my memory card is 2 gb and when i check the property of this folder it shows 36 gb data..
plz tell me how to delete these folders .... :/ 

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
June 28, 2012 2:44:40 PM

try sdelete from sysinternals
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb89744...

or file shredder if you are still on xp or vista
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid%2C65203-order...

Related resources
June 28, 2012 4:52:44 PM

i have used both software (sddelete) it shows DOS window and suddenly it disappears and nothing happens.
and shredder software shows these files are currently in use thats why these can't be delete.
June 28, 2012 4:54:47 PM

mcnumpty23 it also shows DOS window and suddenly it disappears and nothing happens.

do you have any other trick?
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
June 28, 2012 4:57:42 PM

try formatting it
a b $ Windows 7
June 28, 2012 5:32:15 PM

shivamdrift said:
Hello,
help me :
my memory card shows some folders and in this some files wid name like these charters Ω Σyïº.≥╒ and they are not deleting..i also try to delete this folder & file with unlocker and it also failed to delete those file..
my memory card is 2 gb and when i check the property of this folder it shows 36 gb data..
plz tell me how to delete these folders .... :/ 

If your memory card can't format as per mcnumpty23 (on multiple computers), most likely the card has gone kaput (especially if it's showing 36GB of "data')

If I were you I wouldn't waste too much time on a 1 dollar memory card. You can get 8GB cards for less than 10$.

If you spend hours on this - basically it means you could have gone out, sold something/did some work and even at minnimum wage you would have been able to buy multiple flash cards.
July 5, 2012 5:52:42 AM

Chainzsaw said:
If your memory card can't format as per mcnumpty23 (on multiple computers), most likely the card has gone kaput (especially if it's showing 36GB of "data')

If I were you I wouldn't waste too much time on a 1 dollar memory card. You can get 8GB cards for less than 10$.

If you spend hours on this - basically it means you could have gone out, sold something/did some work and even at minnimum wage you would have been able to buy multiple flash cards.

Bro its not about money :non:  ...its first time i see this problem and i want to solve this got it ....
July 5, 2012 5:56:44 AM

...Thanx... for every one who try to help me out of this problem ... at last i have to format that card but i want to delete those files without format.. :/ 
a b $ Windows 7
July 5, 2012 3:26:15 PM

Alright, from your last post I thought you wanted to try something else out.

Hope it all works out for you.
July 8, 2012 4:40:21 AM

Best answer selected by shivamdrift.
!