Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

HAs anyone called SPRINT PCS CUST CARE AND GOTTEN A REP IN..

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
June 28, 2005 6:18:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

wanted to renew my plan but the person who answered the phone said she was
in minellia

Can you say goodbye sprint?
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 6:57:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 02:18:31 GMT, "Viper" <noEmail@noemail.com> wrote:

> wanted to renew my plan but the person who answered the phone said she was
>in minellia
>
>Can you say goodbye sprint?

What or where is minellia? Is that over by Livonia or perhaps in the
south Pacific?

Why would it possibly matter where your rep is? Isn't it MUCH more
important for you to know where YOU are?

You didn't call to renew your plan. Don't lie.

--
Paul Miner
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 7:02:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Sorry, never heard of the place. Do you mean there was something you
wanted to change about your plan/features that required an extension of
your Advantage Agreement? If the features/size of your current plan
suit you fine, then there is no need to extend your Advantage Agreement.
Just go month to month when it expires.


Viper wrote:
> wanted to renew my plan but the person who answered the phone said she was
> in minellia
>
> Can you say goodbye sprint?
>
>
June 28, 2005 7:22:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

and pay 10.00 extra per month?
"Jerome Zelinske" <jeromez1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:153we.14129$eM6.7468@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> Sorry, never heard of the place. Do you mean there was something you
> wanted to change about your plan/features that required an extension of
> your Advantage Agreement? If the features/size of your current plan suit
> you fine, then there is no need to extend your Advantage Agreement. Just
> go month to month when it expires.
>
>
> Viper wrote:
>> wanted to renew my plan but the person who answered the phone said she
>> was in minellia
>>
>> Can you say goodbye sprint?
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 7:22:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Viper wrote:
> and pay 10.00 extra per month?

Viper, I thought we'd seen enough of you on NANAE and AWW. Dork.

You only pay $10 if you initiate a line of service with no contract.

You do not automatically pay $10 more per month when your contract ends. My
wife's been out of contract for a while and she's paying the same $30 per
month that she (almost) always has. (We actually weren't sure how coverage
would be, so we went month-to-month at first and paid the $10/month, but
after the first couple months we got on contract and haven't paid it since.)

I do share your disgust at the fact that CS has been outsourced. The people
I've talked to in CS since the outsourcing have mostly been idiots who
refuse to listen (or do anything else other than read from a script.)

--
JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)

"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 7:31:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

No! When your Advantage Agreement is completed, you can go month to
month with the same features and monthly fee.

Viper wrote:
> and pay 10.00 extra per month?
> "Jerome Zelinske" <jeromez1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:153we.14129$eM6.7468@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>
>>Sorry, never heard of the place. Do you mean there was something you
>>wanted to change about your plan/features that required an extension of
>>your Advantage Agreement? If the features/size of your current plan suit
>>you fine, then there is no need to extend your Advantage Agreement. Just
>>go month to month when it expires.
>>
>>
>>Viper wrote:
>>
>>> wanted to renew my plan but the person who answered the phone said she
>>>was in minellia
>>>
>>>Can you say goodbye sprint?
>
>
>
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 8:13:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

I would assume that the OP is a poor speller and meant Manila, Philippines.
Haven't had the pleasure of talking to those reps, but I hope their
English accents are more understandable than the reps based in India.

--
John Richards


Jerome Zelinske wrote:
> Sorry, never heard of the place.
>
> Viper wrote:
>> wanted to renew my plan but the person who answered the phone said she was
>> in minellia
>>
>> Can you say goodbye sprint?
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 8:13:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

John Richards wrote:
> I would assume that the OP is a poor speller and meant Manila, Philippines.
> Haven't had the pleasure of talking to those reps, but I hope their
> English accents are more understandable than the reps based in India.

IMHO, the accents aren't the main problem.



--
JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)

"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 8:13:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

John Richards wrote:
>
> I would assume that the OP is a poor speller and meant Manila, Philippines.
> Haven't had the pleasure of talking to those reps, but I hope their
> English accents are more understandable than the reps based in India.

I could care less about the OP's spelling... I'm just sittin' back,
enjoying a vinellia ice cream cone.

Notan
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 8:14:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

I got you all beat. I pay $15/month for 100 minutes, 1st incoming free.
Can you say "old timer"?

"Steve Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
news:D 9qgu1$6cs$1@ratbert.glorb.com...
> Viper wrote:
>> and pay 10.00 extra per month?
>
> Viper, I thought we'd seen enough of you on NANAE and AWW. Dork.
>
> You only pay $10 if you initiate a line of service with no contract.
>
> You do not automatically pay $10 more per month when your contract ends.
> My wife's been out of contract for a while and she's paying the same $30
> per month that she (almost) always has. (We actually weren't sure how
> coverage would be, so we went month-to-month at first and paid the
> $10/month, but after the first couple months we got on contract and
> haven't paid it since.)
>
> I do share your disgust at the fact that CS has been outsourced. The
> people I've talked to in CS since the outsourcing have mostly been idiots
> who refuse to listen (or do anything else other than read from a script.)
>
> --
> JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
> Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
> temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)
>
> "Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 8:14:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Scott W wrote:
> I got you all beat. I pay $15/month for 100 minutes, 1st incoming free.
> Can you say "old timer"?

Scott, you misspelled that second word. It's spelled f-a-r-t.

;) 

--
JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)

"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 2:28:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

English is a second language in the Philippines and is taught in the schools
there.

"John Richards" <jr70@blackhole.invalid> wrote in message
news:u74we.1608$GH6.1284@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
>I would assume that the OP is a poor speller and meant Manila, Philippines.
> Haven't had the pleasure of talking to those reps, but I hope their
> English accents are more understandable than the reps based in India.
>
> --
> John Richards
>
>
> Jerome Zelinske wrote:
>> Sorry, never heard of the place. Viper wrote:
>>> wanted to renew my plan but the person who answered the phone said she
>>> was
>>> in minellia
>>>
>>> Can you say goodbye sprint?
>
>
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 3:26:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <x84we.10576$hK3.4310@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
"Scott W" <scottw2000@gmail.com> writes:
> I got you all beat. I pay $15/month for 100 minutes, 1st incoming free.
> Can you say "old timer"?
[snip]

I can beat that: $30/month for 300 minutes and FIMF. Double the
cost, but triple the minutes. Can you say "older timer?" :) 

IIRC, it started-out as 200 minutes. Then they offered a free
upgrade to 300 minutes. (I think the extra minutes charge went up
at that time, tho.) Then they later added free LD.

--
Jim Seymour | "There is no expedient to which a man will not
jseymour@LinxNet.com | go to avoid the labor of thinking."
http://jimsun.LinxNet.com | - Thomas A. Edison
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 5:35:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Too bad you can't get Add-a-phone and Vision with that plan.

Scott W wrote:
> I got you all beat. I pay $15/month for 100 minutes, 1st incoming free.
> Can you say "old timer"?
>
> "Steve Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
> news:D 9qgu1$6cs$1@ratbert.glorb.com...
>
>>Viper wrote:
>>
>>>and pay 10.00 extra per month?
>>
>>Viper, I thought we'd seen enough of you on NANAE and AWW. Dork.
>>
>>You only pay $10 if you initiate a line of service with no contract.
>>
>>You do not automatically pay $10 more per month when your contract ends.
>>My wife's been out of contract for a while and she's paying the same $30
>>per month that she (almost) always has. (We actually weren't sure how
>>coverage would be, so we went month-to-month at first and paid the
>>$10/month, but after the first couple months we got on contract and
>>haven't paid it since.)
>>
>>I do share your disgust at the fact that CS has been outsourced. The
>>people I've talked to in CS since the outsourcing have mostly been idiots
>>who refuse to listen (or do anything else other than read from a script.)
>>
>>--
>>JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
>>Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
>>temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)
>>
>>"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"
>
>
>
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 5:38:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Jerome Zelinske" <jeromez1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:rmcwe.12960$pa3.9660@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> Too bad you can't get Add-a-phone and Vision with that plan.

Absolutely no reason to. If the prior poster wants those options, he can
start up a separate new plan with a new phone. I wouldn't do anything to get
rid of those prior "Old Time" plans as they are worth keeping.

Bob
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 11:19:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Which in and of itself proves nothing since the same is true in India,
yet many of their CSRs have accents so thick that they're difficult to
understand.

--
John Richards

Mij Adyaw wrote:
> English is a second language in the Philippines and is taught in the schools
> there.
>
> "John Richards" <jr70@blackhole.invalid> wrote in message
> news:u74we.1608$GH6.1284@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
>> I would assume that the OP is a poor speller and meant Manila, Philippines.
>> Haven't had the pleasure of talking to those reps, but I hope their
>> English accents are more understandable than the reps based in India.
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 5:44:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Sure you can start up a separate new plan with a new phone, but it
would not be at Add-a-phone rates. As for not keeping the old plan,
what about when the old non vision phone won't work any more? Or if you
find you need more minutes.


Bob Smith wrote:
> "Jerome Zelinske" <jeromez1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:rmcwe.12960$pa3.9660@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>
>>Too bad you can't get Add-a-phone and Vision with that plan.
>
>
> Absolutely no reason to. If the prior poster wants those options, he can
> start up a separate new plan with a new phone. I wouldn't do anything to get
> rid of those prior "Old Time" plans as they are worth keeping.
>
> Bob
>
>
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 7:36:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Jerome Zelinske" <jeromez1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:fL0xe.1702$aY6.1517@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> It is $70 for 800 minutes and the second line is free. But what I was
> saying is that the other poster could not Add-a-phone the the 30/300
> plan. And if the old non Vision phone does not work anymore, replacing
> it with a Vision phone, most of the phones available to do the
> replacement are, then the old plan would have to be replaced by a Vision
> plan, even if it is a per KB plan.

All that is a given ... however, there are phones that are not programmed
with Vision, and there are a ton of used phones available on eBay and other
sources ...

Bob
!