Fast

I paid my bill at a Sprint store about 4 pm. I checked at midnight
and it was accounted for.
I didn't use the ATM, but a clerk took my cash.
15 answers Last reply
More about fast

    CFL wrote:
    > I paid my bill at a Sprint store about 4 pm. I checked at midnight
    > and it was accounted for.
    > I didn't use the ATM, but a clerk took my cash.

    Yup. They tell you that payments may not post for 12 hours, but in my
    experience the average is about 1-2.

    --
    JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

    "Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"

    A friend of mine went to a Sprint Express (I think that's what it was since
    they weren't a full Sprint store) and they wanted to charge him $5 to pay
    his bill. I thought Sprint stopped this practice. He wants to go with
    automatic billing but Sprint keeps screwing it up every two months. It works
    the first month but the second month it doesn't. Any ideas? I told him to
    just tell the CSR that it's a problem on their end and if they don't fix it
    they won't get paid. He has other monthly bills automatically charged to his
    credit card and Sprint is the only one giving him problems.

    > CFL wrote:
    > > I paid my bill at a Sprint store about 4 pm. I checked at midnight
    > > and it was accounted for.
    > > I didn't use the ATM, but a clerk took my cash.
    >
    > Yup. They tell you that payments may not post for 12 hours, but in my
    > experience the average is about 1-2.
    >

    > --
    > JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
    > Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
    > temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)
    >
    > "Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"

    They should charge him to pay his bill! Every time that I go into a Sprint
    store, it is full of people paying their bill!! People with real equipment
    problems are forced to wait. Why don't these people mail in a check to pay
    their bill or pay it by credit card or check via the internet or via Sprint
    customer service?. Sprint is more than generous with the options that they
    provide for paying your cell phone bill. Sprint should eliminate in-store
    bill payment or charge at least $5 for this service. Whenever I have had
    billing problems, they are quickly resolved by helpful Sprint customer
    service representatives.

    Scooterflex wrote:
    > A friend of mine went to a Sprint Express (I think that's what it was since
    > they weren't a full Sprint store) and they wanted to charge him $5 to pay
    > his bill. I thought Sprint stopped this practice.

    It's always been $5 if a human takes your payment at the store. We pay over
    the Internet or at a store's payment machine. That doesn't cost anything
    extra and it doesn't require automatic billing -- and the payment machines
    take cash, if I recall correctly. (We usually pay by check, and lately all
    our payments have been made at sprintpcs.com.)

    --

    Mij Adyaw wrote:
    > They should charge him to pay his bill! Every time that I go into a
    > Sprint store, it is full of people paying their bill!! People with
    > real equipment problems are forced to wait. Why don't these people
    > mail in a check to pay their bill or pay it by credit card or check
    > via the internet or via Sprint customer service?

    Well, if they are like the people I'm forced to wait behind, it's
    because they are paying to get their phone turned back on.

    If all they were doing was making a payment, it would be 1-2-3 and
    they'd be out of there. Instead there's often a lengthy back-and-forth
    conversation between the (often clueless) customer and the clerk. It's
    like the customer is negotiating to pay as little as possible--but not
    so little that the phone will be turned off in another day or two (a
    week is no problem).

    Personally, I think there should be separate line for these people. I'm
    not condemning them; everyone might run into a problem every now and
    then. But being a good-paying customer, with a problem that *isn't* of
    my own making, I find myself mighty upset waiting 30-60 minutes behind
    people who can't grasp the concept of paying on time (let alone the
    delays they cause others).

    As usual, YMMV.

    --
    Mike | Marinate your ribs in bourbon before
    | barbecuing. The best way to do this is
    | by pouring the whiskey down your throat.

    Agreed 100 percent.

    Mij Adyaw wrote:
    > It does not have a payment machine, however I still cannot understand why
    > folks come into the store to pay their bill when there are so many other
    > payment options.

    There aren't any if you're paying cash. Pay a store rep, pay the machine,
    and apparently at your store the latter isn't an option.

    --

    Tinman wrote:

    >>They should charge him to pay his bill! Every time that I go into a
    >>Sprint store, it is full of people paying their bill!! People with
    >>real equipment problems are forced to wait. Why don't these people
    >>mail in a check to pay their bill or pay it by credit card or check
    >>via the internet or via Sprint customer service?
    >
    > Well, if they are like the people I'm forced to wait behind, it's
    > because they are paying to get their phone turned back on.

    But that doesn't get your phone turned on any faster than calling *2.

    I've only had my service turned off, I think, two or three times in four
    years, at times when I was behind on all my other bills too. I'd call and
    make the payment over the phone, and they'd tell me "it's up to 12 hours to
    get the service turned back on" and averaged 2-4 hours each time... it's not
    going to get you turned back on any faster if you go through a store rep;
    they use the same billing/provisioning system that the rest of the company does.

    > If all they were doing was making a payment, it would be 1-2-3 and
    > they'd be out of there. Instead there's often a lengthy back-and-forth
    > conversation between the (often clueless) customer and the clerk. It's
    > like the customer is negotiating to pay as little as possible--but not
    > so little that the phone will be turned off in another day or two (a
    > week is no problem).

    If they don't want to pay the entire amount, they need to at least pay the
    past-due amount to get the phone back on. It's that simple. And if I was in
    line behind someone doing this I'd be rather irritated (at the customer, not
    Sprint).

    > Personally, I think there should be separate line for these people. I'm
    > not condemning them; everyone might run into a problem every now and
    > then.

    Well yeah, but if they're delaying the process by trying to pay some minimal
    amount when the rule is standard and quite easy to understand, they are
    absolutely 100% at fault.

    >But being a good-paying customer, with a problem that *isn't* of
    > my own making, I find myself mighty upset waiting 30-60 minutes behind
    > people who can't grasp the concept of paying on time (let alone the
    > delays they cause others).

    Yup.

    --
    JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

    "Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Isaiah Beard wrote:

    > You'd be surprised Steve, at how many people will absolutely refuse to
    > push a few buttons on a payment machine and would rather wait in line to
    > have a real person take their money.

    That's fine with me. I don't think it's worth $5. The one time I paid a
    store rep was when their payment machine was broken, and they didn't charge
    me the $5 because I tried to pay at the machine and couldn't.

    Using a store rep for payments doesn't make sense for anyone, actually,
    IMHO. Paying at the machine is quicker for the customer and frees up the rep
    to do stuff for other customers who are waiting for him.

    --
    JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

    "Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Scooterflex wrote:
    > A friend of mine went to a Sprint Express (I think that's what it was since
    > they weren't a full Sprint store) and they wanted to charge him $5 to pay
    > his bill. I thought Sprint stopped this practice.

    Actually, other carriers are reviving this practice too. Verizon now
    charges a fee for in person payment.

    There should have been a bill payment "ATM" at that Sprint store that he
    coudl have used though. There is no fee to pay using that machine.

    > He wants to go with
    > automatic billing but Sprint keeps screwing it up every two months. It works
    > the first month but the second month it doesn't. Any ideas?

    I generally avoid having each of the companies I deal with dip into my
    checking account using their auto-pay services, for this very reason.
    Too many variables to worry about, too many things to check if something
    goes wrong somewhere.

    Does your friend use a bank that has online banking? Most larger banks
    now offer online bill payment services for free, and those same banks
    often guarantee the reliability of the service to the point that they'll
    credit any late fees or other charges incurred if the payment doesn't go
    through by the scheduled date due to error on their part. This is how I
    pay many of my bills now. That way, all of my bill payments are
    automatically scheduled from one place, and I can keep track of what's
    gone through an what hasn't, along with knowing how it's affected my
    account balance.

    Of course, he could also just cut a check every month and mail it in...

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:50:07 GMT, AZ Nomad <aznomad@PmunOgeBOX.com>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 01:42:01 -0500, CFL <fnmuinmx.com> wrote:
    >

    >>I paid my bill at a Sprint store about 4 pm. I checked at midnight
    >>and it was accounted for.
    >>I didn't use the ATM, but a clerk took my cash.

    Actually a clerk came up to me as I came in the door. I said I was
    there to pay my bill, pointing to the ATM, but she said she would
    take the payment. I usualy use the ATM there. This has now happened
    twice with a clerk.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    CFL wrote:

    > Actually a clerk came up to me as I came in the door. I said I was
    > there to pay my bill, pointing to the ATM, but she said she would
    > take the payment. I usualy use the ATM there. This has now happened
    > twice with a clerk.

    Why'd you let it happen the second time? If the clerk didn't tell you there
    was an extra charge the first time, fine. But you *knew* the second time.

    --
    JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

    "Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Perhaps in addition to paying the past due amount, maybe an additional
    $50 deposit should be required to get the service back on.

    Steve Sobol wrote:
    > Tinman wrote:
    >
    >>> They should charge him to pay his bill! Every time that I go into a
    >>> Sprint store, it is full of people paying their bill!! People with
    >>> real equipment problems are forced to wait. Why don't these people
    >>> mail in a check to pay their bill or pay it by credit card or check
    >>> via the internet or via Sprint customer service?
    >>

    >> Well, if they are like the people I'm forced to wait behind, it's
    >> because they are paying to get their phone turned back on.
    >

    > But that doesn't get your phone turned on any faster than calling *2.
    >
    > I've only had my service turned off, I think, two or three times in four
    > years, at times when I was behind on all my other bills too. I'd call
    > and make the payment over the phone, and they'd tell me "it's up to 12
    > hours to get the service turned back on" and averaged 2-4 hours each
    > time... it's not going to get you turned back on any faster if you go
    > through a store rep; they use the same billing/provisioning system that
    > the rest of the company does.
    >
    >> If all they were doing was making a payment, it would be 1-2-3 and
    >> they'd be out of there. Instead there's often a lengthy back-and-forth
    >> conversation between the (often clueless) customer and the clerk. It's
    >> like the customer is negotiating to pay as little as possible--but not
    >> so little that the phone will be turned off in another day or two (a
    >> week is no problem).
    >

    > If they don't want to pay the entire amount, they need to at least pay
    > the past-due amount to get the phone back on. It's that simple. And if I
    > was in line behind someone doing this I'd be rather irritated (at the
    > customer, not Sprint).
    >
    >> Personally, I think there should be separate line for these people.
    >> I'm not condemning them; everyone might run into a problem every now
    >> and then.
    >

    > Well yeah, but if they're delaying the process by trying to pay some
    > minimal amount when the rule is standard and quite easy to understand,
    > they are absolutely 100% at fault.
    >
    >> But being a good-paying customer, with a problem that *isn't* of my
    >> own making, I find myself mighty upset waiting 30-60 minutes behind
    >> people who can't grasp the concept of paying on time (let alone the
    >> delays they cause others).
    >

    > Yup.

  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    More correctly, they will charge him $5 to pay his bill "to a person".

    Scooterflex wrote:
    > A friend of mine went to a Sprint Express (I think that's what it was since
    > they weren't a full Sprint store) and they wanted to charge him $5 to pay
    > his bill. I thought Sprint stopped this practice. He wants to go with
    > automatic billing but Sprint keeps screwing it up every two months. It works
    > the first month but the second month it doesn't. Any ideas? I told him to
    > just tell the CSR that it's a problem on their end and if they don't fix it
    > they won't get paid. He has other monthly bills automatically charged to his
    > credit card and Sprint is the only one giving him problems.
    >
    > "Steve Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>CFL wrote:
    >>
    >>>I paid my bill at a Sprint store about 4 pm. I checked at midnight
    >>>and it was accounted for.
    >>>I didn't use the ATM, but a clerk took my cash.
    >>
    >>Yup. They tell you that payments may not post for 12 hours, but in my
    >>experience the average is about 1-2.
    >>

    >>--
    >>JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
    >>Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
    >>temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)
    >>
    >>"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"

  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    To shorten the 1-2hr wait time to reactivate a phone, all one needs to
    do is call the retention dept (now Customer Goals dept) and ask to pay
    the deliquent bill. Once you have paid the bill the phone will be
    reactivated within minutes. I have used this technique twice and both
    times the phone was reactivated within minutes, not hours. Hope this
    tip helps anyone who might be interested

Sprint PCS Internet Service Providers