Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Crazy Roaming plan

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 10:17:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

I added roaming for $5 to my account... Guess what I got charged for roaming
calls!!!! When I called the sprint rep he said "DID THEY TELL YOU HOW IT
WORKS"... He then proceeded to tell me that the "FREE" roaming only kicks in
AFTER you have used up 1/2 of your minutes!!!

I said so let me get this straight I have 2500 minutes in my plan so if I
use the same amount every day to use up my minutes I will still get charged
roaming for the first half of EACH month... he said YES...

I believe that this is very misleading advertising when it says to add free
roaming and it does not work for the first half of each month....

Gary

More about : crazy roaming plan

Anonymous
July 1, 2005 1:16:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Gary Rall wrote:
> I added roaming for $5 to my account... Guess what I got charged for roaming
> calls!!!! When I called the sprint rep he said "DID THEY TELL YOU HOW IT
> WORKS"... He then proceeded to tell me that the "FREE" roaming only kicks in
> AFTER you have used up 1/2 of your minutes!!!

Either you misunderstood, or the rep's a dumbass.

You can use the $5 flat-rate roaming as long as no more than 1/2 of your
usage in any given month is off Sprint's network.

--
JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)

"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 5:57:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Gary Rall" <garyrall@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:UQ0xe.3774$Qo.1569@fed1read01...
> I added roaming for $5 to my account... Guess what I got charged for
roaming
> calls!!!! When I called the sprint rep he said "DID THEY TELL YOU HOW IT
> WORKS"... He then proceeded to tell me that the "FREE" roaming only kicks
in
> AFTER you have used up 1/2 of your minutes!!!
>
> I said so let me get this straight I have 2500 minutes in my plan so if I
> use the same amount every day to use up my minutes I will still get
charged
> roaming for the first half of EACH month... he said YES...
>
> I believe that this is very misleading advertising when it says to add
free
> roaming and it does not work for the first half of each month....
>
> Gary
>
>

No someone who explained it to you is sadly mistaken....
I have had the plan for quite a while and here is how it works for me.....
First some 'disclaimers'...
A) I am not sure it is pro-rateable, that is, I waited until the first of
the month.
B) I am in a SPRINT area, not a 'franchise' area.

I have 2500 minute plan split amongst 5 phones....
When you 'roam' out of the SPRINT area, but still with the US(not sure about
Alaska) all minutes go against your ANYTIME minutes, no matter the DAY nor
the HOUR when the call is placed!
Sprint do not want your to use more than 1/2 of your anytime minutes as
minutes under this plan.
Supposedly, if you abuse that, you get a warning. Repeated abuse and you can
lose the feature...

At least that is my understanding, and that is how it has panned out.
Related resources
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 5:57:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Joe Gill wrote:
>
> "Gary Rall" <garyrall@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:UQ0xe.3774$Qo.1569@fed1read01...
> > I added roaming for $5 to my account... Guess what I got charged for
> roaming
> > calls!!!! When I called the sprint rep he said "DID THEY TELL YOU HOW IT
> > WORKS"... He then proceeded to tell me that the "FREE" roaming only kicks
> in
> > AFTER you have used up 1/2 of your minutes!!!
> >
> > I said so let me get this straight I have 2500 minutes in my plan so if I
> > use the same amount every day to use up my minutes I will still get
> charged
> > roaming for the first half of EACH month... he said YES...
> >
> > I believe that this is very misleading advertising when it says to add
> free
> > roaming and it does not work for the first half of each month....
> >
> > Gary
> >
> >
>
> No someone who explained it to you is sadly mistaken....
> I have had the plan for quite a while and here is how it works for me.....
> First some 'disclaimers'...
> A) I am not sure it is pro-rateable, that is, I waited until the first of
> the month.
> B) I am in a SPRINT area, not a 'franchise' area.
>
> I have 2500 minute plan split amongst 5 phones....
> When you 'roam' out of the SPRINT area, but still with the US(not sure about
> Alaska) all minutes go against your ANYTIME minutes, no matter the DAY nor
> the HOUR when the call is placed!
> Sprint do not want your to use more than 1/2 of your anytime minutes as
> minutes under this plan.
> Supposedly, if you abuse that, you get a warning. Repeated abuse and you can
> lose the feature...
>
> At least that is my understanding, and that is how it has panned out.

Basically, your roaming minutes can't be more than 50% of your
total minutes used.

Notan
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 5:57:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Assume that you have a 3500 minute plan and you are on vacation for the
month in a non-Sprint area and therefore you are roaming. You use 300
roaming minutes for the month and use zero minutes in native Sprint
coverage. What happens?

"Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message
news:42C4A5A3.D2E1890@ddress.com...
> Joe Gill wrote:
>>
>> "Gary Rall" <garyrall@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:UQ0xe.3774$Qo.1569@fed1read01...
>> > I added roaming for $5 to my account... Guess what I got charged for
>> roaming
>> > calls!!!! When I called the sprint rep he said "DID THEY TELL YOU HOW
>> > IT
>> > WORKS"... He then proceeded to tell me that the "FREE" roaming only
>> > kicks
>> in
>> > AFTER you have used up 1/2 of your minutes!!!
>> >
>> > I said so let me get this straight I have 2500 minutes in my plan so if
>> > I
>> > use the same amount every day to use up my minutes I will still get
>> charged
>> > roaming for the first half of EACH month... he said YES...
>> >
>> > I believe that this is very misleading advertising when it says to add
>> free
>> > roaming and it does not work for the first half of each month....
>> >
>> > Gary
>> >
>> >
>>
>> No someone who explained it to you is sadly mistaken....
>> I have had the plan for quite a while and here is how it works for
>> me.....
>> First some 'disclaimers'...
>> A) I am not sure it is pro-rateable, that is, I waited until the first of
>> the month.
>> B) I am in a SPRINT area, not a 'franchise' area.
>>
>> I have 2500 minute plan split amongst 5 phones....
>> When you 'roam' out of the SPRINT area, but still with the US(not sure
>> about
>> Alaska) all minutes go against your ANYTIME minutes, no matter the DAY
>> nor
>> the HOUR when the call is placed!
>> Sprint do not want your to use more than 1/2 of your anytime minutes as
>> minutes under this plan.
>> Supposedly, if you abuse that, you get a warning. Repeated abuse and you
>> can
>> lose the feature...
>>
>> At least that is my understanding, and that is how it has panned out.
>
> Basically, your roaming minutes can't be more than 50% of your
> total minutes used.
>
> Notan
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 5:57:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Mij Adyaw wrote:
>
> Assume that you have a 3500 minute plan and you are on vacation for the
> month in a non-Sprint area and therefore you are roaming. You use 300
> roaming minutes for the month and use zero minutes in native Sprint
> coverage. What happens?

You're charged for 300 roaming minutes.

Notan
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 5:57:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Mij Adyaw wrote:
> Assume that you have a 3500 minute plan and you are on vacation for the
> month in a non-Sprint area and therefore you are roaming. You use 300
> roaming minutes for the month and use zero minutes in native Sprint
> coverage. What happens?

well, that means 100% of that month's usage is off-network -- way over the
50% threshhold.

The way it's been explained to me is that they will warn you the first
couple times it happens, and then the third time they remove the free
roaming option and you pay for all of your off-network airtime.

--
JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)

"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 5:57:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

I was under the impression that I could use 1750 minutes roaming and 0
minutes on the Sprint network.

"Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message
news:42C4AD13.E2411346@ddress.com...
> Mij Adyaw wrote:
>>
>> Assume that you have a 3500 minute plan and you are on vacation for the
>> month in a non-Sprint area and therefore you are roaming. You use 300
>> roaming minutes for the month and use zero minutes in native Sprint
>> coverage. What happens?
>
> You're charged for 300 roaming minutes.
>
> Notan
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 5:57:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Mij Adyaw wrote:
>
> I was under the impression that I could use 1750 minutes roaming and 0
> minutes on the Sprint network.

Straight from the horse's mouth:

"The Sprint PCS Free & Clear America plan allows you to enjoy no
additional charges for roaming in this expanded coverage area,
reaching more than 280 million people, as long as less than half
of your monthly call time is used while roaming."

Notan
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 5:57:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

That is really interesting. I am paying Sprint for 3500 minutes. Assume that
I used 1750 Sprint in-network minutes and 1750 roaming minutes. According to
the plan, that would be fine. Sprint will have to pay the roaming partner
for my 1750 minutes. Assume that I use 1750 roaming minutes and no minutes
on the Sprint network. Sprint still has to pay the roaming partner for the
1750 minutes that I used, however since I did not use any minutes on the
Sprint network, I actually saved bandwidth for Sprint by not using the 1750
in-network minutes.

I guess that Sprint wants to ensure that I do not use 1750 roaming minutes
every month hence the reason for the caveat stated in the message below.

-mij



"Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message
news:42C4C122.8DE11C6F@ddress.com...
> Mij Adyaw wrote:
>>
>> I was under the impression that I could use 1750 minutes roaming and 0
>> minutes on the Sprint network.
>
> Straight from the horse's mouth:
>
> "The Sprint PCS Free & Clear America plan allows you to enjoy no
> additional charges for roaming in this expanded coverage area,
> reaching more than 280 million people, as long as less than half
> of your monthly call time is used while roaming."
>
> Notan
July 1, 2005 8:02:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospam.net> wrote in message
news:B73xe.10285$8o.884@fed1read03...
> I was under the impression that I could use 1750 minutes roaming and 0
> minutes on the Sprint network.


Nope. If you have 3500 anytime minutes and you use 2500 anytime you are
allowed to have 1250 minutes that were roaming out of the 2500 you used.
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 11:47:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <42C4C122.8DE11C6F@ddress.com>, Notan <notan@ddress.com>
wrote:
> Mij Adyaw wrote:
> >
> > I was under the impression that I could use 1750 minutes roaming and 0
> > minutes on the Sprint network.
>
> Straight from the horse's mouth:
>
> "The Sprint PCS Free & Clear America plan allows you to enjoy no
> additional charges for roaming in this expanded coverage area,
> reaching more than 280 million people, as long as less than half
> of your monthly call time is used while roaming."

They didn't write that very well, did they? Based *just* on reading
that, I can see two ways a person could reasonably interpret that.
Let's say you have a 1000 minute plan, and you happen to use 600 minutes
in a particular month.

First interpretation, which is what I gather from this thread is the one
Sprint meant, would be that your monthly call time was 600 minutes that
month, and so as long roaming was less than 300, you are fine.

Second interpretation, which I think a lot of people would make, is that
their monthly call time is 1000 minutes (of which they only used 600
minutes that month), and so as long as less than 500 minutes was
roaming, they are OK.

Basically, it comes down to what people think when they think about
their "call time". If the person thinks of it as they have bought 1000
minutes, and only actually consumed 600, they are likely to go for the
second interpretation.

--
--Tim Smith
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 11:52:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Steve Sobol" wrote in message
> > Either you misunderstood, or the rep's a dumbass.
>

You are right and the "rep's a dumbass"

I did not misunderstand what he said to me and I even gave him examples and
he maintained that he was correct... however, after reading all of your
posts I called back and asked to speak to a supervisor...

The supervisor said that the rep was mistaken and that as long as 1/2 of the
total minutes were in network I would not be charged. He said that he was
going to do a "FET" to the orignial rep.... (I guess that is some kind of
repremand report).

He did try to cover up just a little bit for the rep because I WAS
originally charged on my bill for some roaming calls. He said that billing
ERROR could have caused the rep to think that I should have been charged.
In any event the supervisor took off the incorrectly billed roaming charges
and said that I should not see any roaming charges next month as long as 1/2
of the TOTAL plan minutes (calculated at the end of the billing cycle) were
on the Sprint network.

Gary
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 2:08:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Gary Rall wrote:
> the supervisor took off the incorrectly billed roaming charges
> and said that I should not see any roaming charges next month
> as long as 1/2 of the TOTAL plan minutes (calculated at the end
> of the billing cycle) were on the Sprint network.

Hmmm, "_total_ plan minutes".
Does that include pcs-pcs? N&W?

Example: 500 AT minutes are used in a month.
200 pcs-pcs minutes are also used
200 N&W minutes are also used

Note that the last two are _not_ charged to AT minutes.

How many roaming minutes are allowed?
1) 250, because it is half of the AT minutes that were used
2) 450 because it is half of _all_ the minutes that were used
3) other
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 7:32:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message
news:42C4AD13.E2411346@ddress.com...
> Mij Adyaw wrote:
> >
> > Assume that you have a 3500 minute plan and you are on vacation for the
> > month in a non-Sprint area and therefore you are roaming. You use 300
> > roaming minutes for the month and use zero minutes in native Sprint
> > coverage. What happens?
>
> You're charged for 300 roaming minutes.
>
> Notan

No, you aren't charged. The user may get a warning from SPCS, but they won't
get charged.

Bob
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 7:32:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Bob Smith wrote:
>
> "Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message
> news:42C4AD13.E2411346@ddress.com...
> > Mij Adyaw wrote:
> > >
> > > Assume that you have a 3500 minute plan and you are on vacation for the
> > > month in a non-Sprint area and therefore you are roaming. You use 300
> > > roaming minutes for the month and use zero minutes in native Sprint
> > > coverage. What happens?
> >
> > You're charged for 300 roaming minutes.
> >
> > Notan
>
> No, you aren't charged. The user may get a warning from SPCS, but they won't
> get charged.

As with Sprints how-much-data-can-be-used-when-your-phone's-used-as-a-modem
policy, I'd imagine that roaming minutes follow the same type of thinking.

If they want to stick to the letter of the law, you're screwed!

Notan
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 7:32:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Bob Smith wrote:
> "Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message
> news:42C4AD13.E2411346@ddress.com...
>
>>Mij Adyaw wrote:
>>
>>>Assume that you have a 3500 minute plan and you are on vacation for the
>>>month in a non-Sprint area and therefore you are roaming. You use 300
>>>roaming minutes for the month and use zero minutes in native Sprint
>>>coverage. What happens?
>>
>>You're charged for 300 roaming minutes.
>>
>>Notan
>
>
> No, you aren't charged. The user may get a warning from SPCS, but they won't
> get charged.

They'll let it happen a couple times, but if you're continually going over
50%, they will end up taking you off the no-roaming plan and you will get
charged, as I understand it. (I don't have the addon, so I would get charged
anyhow.)

--
JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)

"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 7:40:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message
news:42C562C1.D7C3EBD5@ddress.com...
> Bob Smith wrote:
> >
> > "Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message
> > news:42C4AD13.E2411346@ddress.com...
> > > Mij Adyaw wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Assume that you have a 3500 minute plan and you are on vacation for
the
> > > > month in a non-Sprint area and therefore you are roaming. You use
300
> > > > roaming minutes for the month and use zero minutes in native Sprint
> > > > coverage. What happens?
> > >
> > > You're charged for 300 roaming minutes.
> > >
> > > Notan
> >
> > No, you aren't charged. The user may get a warning from SPCS, but they
won't
> > get charged.
>
> As with Sprints
how-much-data-can-be-used-when-your-phone's-used-as-a-modem
> policy, I'd imagine that roaming minutes follow the same type of thinking.
>
> If they want to stick to the letter of the law, you're screwed!
>
> Notan

You Imagine? Then try to equate roaming with digital modem use? Sorry, but
that ain't going to cut it Notan.

Bob
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 7:40:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Bob Smith wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> You Imagine? Then try to equate roaming with digital modem use? Sorry, but
> that ain't going to cut it Notan.

Get up on the wrong side of the bed, Bob?

I'm not equating anything.

In the past, it's been quite common for Sprint to overlook and,
consequently, not enforce a number of their policies.

Notan
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 8:44:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message
news:42C5674B.A6CAE6B0@ddress.com...
> Bob Smith wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > You Imagine? Then try to equate roaming with digital modem use? Sorry,
but
> > that ain't going to cut it Notan.
>
> Get up on the wrong side of the bed, Bob?

Nope.

> I'm not equating anything.

Sure you are, when you say "I imagine".
>
> In the past, it's been quite common for Sprint to overlook and,
> consequently, not enforce a number of their policies.

Oh, other than looking the other way on low data usage when the phone is
tethered to laptop, I wouldn't say that they over look many of their
policies.

Bob
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 8:44:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Bob Smith wrote:
>
> "Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message
> news:42C5674B.A6CAE6B0@ddress.com...
> > Bob Smith wrote:
> > >
> > > <snip>
> > >
> > > You Imagine? Then try to equate roaming with digital modem use? Sorry,
> but
> > > that ain't going to cut it Notan.
> >
> > Get up on the wrong side of the bed, Bob?
>
> Nope.
>
> > I'm not equating anything.
>
> Sure you are, when you say "I imagine".
> >
> > In the past, it's been quite common for Sprint to overlook and,
> > consequently, not enforce a number of their policies.
>
> Oh, other than looking the other way on low data usage when the phone is
> tethered to laptop, I wouldn't say that they over look many of their
> policies.

Fine, Bob. You're right, I'm wrong.

Have a nice day.

Notan
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 11:37:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message
news:42C57BE9.9BF36D1B@ddress.com...
<snipped>
> Have a nice day.
>
> Notan

Same to you Notan and hope you have a great and safe 4th of July weekend.
That goes for da rest of youse folks in this newsgroup too ... :) 

Bob
July 2, 2005 6:19:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

you get two buckets of roaming minutes.
1st on in anytime minutes
if you have "use" 300 then 150 can be roaming
if you "use 100 min then 50 can be roaming

2nd is Night and weekends
if you "use" 2000 then 1000 can be roaming
if you "use" 1750 then 875 could be roaming

thats how we tell people when we sell the service
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 8:41:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Joe - I'm on F&F family America. In the past billing period, all my
roaming calls (using Verizon's digital signal at Sea Ranch, CA) were on
a Saturday and Sunday, 6/11-12/2005. Looking at my latest bill, which
has an improved format, it shows that the roaming minutes came out of
the N&W bucket, not the Anytime bucket. Which minutes they count as the
basis for computing half as the limit for roaming, I don't know (as
discussed later between Gary Rall and ll).

Anytime Minutes
On Network 69
Roaming 0

Night & Weekend Minutes Unlimited
On Network 72
Roaming 29

PCS to PCS calling Unlimited 66

Joe Gill wrote:
> No someone who explained it to you is sadly mistaken....
> I have had the plan for quite a while and here is how it works for me.....
> First some 'disclaimers'...
> A) I am not sure it is pro-rateable, that is, I waited until the first of
> the month.
> B) I am in a SPRINT area, not a 'franchise' area.
>
> I have 2500 minute plan split amongst 5 phones....
> When you 'roam' out of the SPRINT area, but still with the US(not sure about
> Alaska) all minutes go against your ANYTIME minutes, no matter the DAY nor
> the HOUR when the call is placed!
> Sprint do not want your to use more than 1/2 of your anytime minutes as
> minutes under this plan.
> Supposedly, if you abuse that, you get a warning. Repeated abuse and you can
> lose the feature...
>
> At least that is my understanding, and that is how it has panned out.
>
>

--
Frank Harris in San Francisco with an A680
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 3:48:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

You are fine, you have not use half (3500/2) of your minutes roaming and the
month isn't over.

I have had the "America" plan since it was initiated on 3 phones and
although I have spent entire months away from the Sprint service area I have
never been contacted or notfied by Sprint of a violation of their terms of
usage.

"Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospam.net> wrote in message
news:sH1xe.8363$8o.986@fed1read03...
> Assume that you have a 3500 minute plan and you are on vacation for the
> month in a non-Sprint area and therefore you are roaming. You use 300
> roaming minutes for the month and use zero minutes in native Sprint
> coverage. What happens?
>
> "Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message
> news:42C4A5A3.D2E1890@ddress.com...
>> Joe Gill wrote:
>>>
>>> "Gary Rall" <garyrall@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:UQ0xe.3774$Qo.1569@fed1read01...
>>> > I added roaming for $5 to my account... Guess what I got charged for
>>> roaming
>>> > calls!!!! When I called the sprint rep he said "DID THEY TELL YOU HOW
>>> > IT
>>> > WORKS"... He then proceeded to tell me that the "FREE" roaming only
>>> > kicks
>>> in
>>> > AFTER you have used up 1/2 of your minutes!!!
>>> >
>>> > I said so let me get this straight I have 2500 minutes in my plan so
>>> > if I
>>> > use the same amount every day to use up my minutes I will still get
>>> charged
>>> > roaming for the first half of EACH month... he said YES...
>>> >
>>> > I believe that this is very misleading advertising when it says to add
>>> free
>>> > roaming and it does not work for the first half of each month....
>>> >
>>> > Gary
>>> >
>>> >
>>>
>>> No someone who explained it to you is sadly mistaken....
>>> I have had the plan for quite a while and here is how it works for
>>> me.....
>>> First some 'disclaimers'...
>>> A) I am not sure it is pro-rateable, that is, I waited until the first
>>> of
>>> the month.
>>> B) I am in a SPRINT area, not a 'franchise' area.
>>>
>>> I have 2500 minute plan split amongst 5 phones....
>>> When you 'roam' out of the SPRINT area, but still with the US(not sure
>>> about
>>> Alaska) all minutes go against your ANYTIME minutes, no matter the DAY
>>> nor
>>> the HOUR when the call is placed!
>>> Sprint do not want your to use more than 1/2 of your anytime minutes as
>>> minutes under this plan.
>>> Supposedly, if you abuse that, you get a warning. Repeated abuse and you
>>> can
>>> lose the feature...
>>>
>>> At least that is my understanding, and that is how it has panned out.
>>
>> Basically, your roaming minutes can't be more than 50% of your
>> total minutes used.
>>
>> Notan
>
>
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 3:48:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

John S. wrote:
> You are fine, you have not use half (3500/2) of your minutes roaming and the
> month isn't over.

It's not half of your plan minutes, it's half of your actual usage for the
month, isn't it?

--
JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)

"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 4:03:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Steve Sobol wrote:
>
> John S. wrote:
> > You are fine, you have not use half (3500/2) of your minutes roaming and the
> > month isn't over.
>
> It's not half of your plan minutes, it's half of your actual usage for the
> month, isn't it?

Regardless of how people are interpreting it, you're correct,
it's half of your monthly USAGE!

Notan
July 4, 2005 6:33:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

I went on vacation last month, and I called before leaving town to have
roaming added to my F&FF plan for my wife and I. I got back from vacation
and found an extra $150 on my sprintPCS bill for roaming. I called them and
found that they had only added the roaming to the phone that I called in on
to request the roaming plan, and the other phone had the roaming added at
the beginning of the next billing cycle. I hasseled around with CSRs for a
couple of hours and finally got them to take off $100 plus tax. Bottom
line......call them a couple of times to verify that the roaming has
actually been added to your plan. BTW, the roaming option still hasn't
shown up on myPCS plan detail page, so I'm wondering if I'll get more
charges next month, and now they're saying it cost $5 per phone.......not $5
per plan.
The CSR told me that if I was out of town for an entire billing month that I
could call in to have the bill adjusted if I had used more than half of my
minutes on roaming. If that's the way they have it set up, then we have to
call our landline and leave the phone off the hook overnight to use up some
local minutes before going on vacation. Crazy.
I think Sprint should make all plan changes and explanations on their
website, so as to avoid getting several different explanations or fee
estimates from different CSRs.
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 8:55:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

It is and has been $5 per plan for me. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Floyd wrote:
> and now they're saying it cost $5 per phone.......not $5
> per plan.

--
Frank Harris in San Francisco with an A680
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 4:22:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Mij Adyaw wrote:

> I guess that Sprint wants to ensure that I do not use 1750 roaming minutes
> every month hence the reason for the caveat stated in the message below.

No, they want to be sure that the majority of the usage is on the Sprint
network. The idea here is that if you consisently go over the halfway
mark in your usage, then Sprint isn't for you, and the carrier you're
roaming on so frequently probably is.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
Transpose the c's and a's in my e-mail address to reply.
!