Why rebate was rejected

Last response: in Network Providers
July 1, 2005 6:55:31 PM

Can someone explain to me why Sprint will not honor the 18-month rebate
offer on a new phone.

When I bought my MMA-800 I was told if I extended my contract for 2
years I would get the $150 rebate. I just checked the status and it's
been refused because a new line was not activated. That's total BS.

Who do I need to call to get this situation rectified? I also checked
my wife's rebate status and it also was refused because a new number was
not activated. WTF?

We were told if we extended our contract for 2 more years that was all
that was necessary. That's $300 they are keeping from us.

I just need to know who to call to get this resolved. Damn if I would
have known we needed a new number I would have canceled the plan we were
on and got a new one. And I would have saved even more money for being a
new customer.

Customer loyalty means nothing anymore.

More about : rebate rejected

Anonymous
July 1, 2005 7:43:48 PM

"Bruce Richards" <bruce-REMOVE-THIS-@siriusgt.com> wrote in message
news:D Pcxe.19204$GH6.4413@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
> Can someone explain to me why Sprint will not honor the 18-month rebate
> offer on a new phone.
>
> When I bought my MMA-800 I was told if I extended my contract for 2
> years I would get the $150 rebate. I just checked the status and it's
> been refused because a new line was not activated. That's total BS.
>
> Who do I need to call to get this situation rectified? I also checked
> my wife's rebate status and it also was refused because a new number was
> not activated. WTF?
>
> We were told if we extended our contract for 2 more years that was all
> that was necessary. That's $300 they are keeping from us.
>
> I just need to know who to call to get this resolved. Damn if I would
> have known we needed a new number I would have canceled the plan we were
> on and got a new one. And I would have saved even more money for being a
> new customer.
>
> Customer loyalty means nothing anymore.

The question is ... were both of your phones in service for 18 months, and
with the same telephone numbers?

Bob
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 8:05:04 PM

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 15:43:48 GMT, "Bob Smith"
<usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:

>The question is ... were both of your phones in service for 18 months, and
>with the same telephone numbers?

That's not the only question however.

I happen to have witnessed Sprint's website moving the dates back on
my "new for you" date, twice. And I had changed nothing. I confronted
them and they moved it back. But I wouldn't have believed it if I
hadn't seen it myself. I should have printed out the website.

So they are either finagling that date or it is being changed in
error. I'll be kind and say it's an error. But I can't see how that
could be happening by accident.

It is possible the OP had that happen to him.
July 1, 2005 8:21:00 PM

Bob Smith wrote:
> "Bruce Richards" <bruce-REMOVE-THIS-@siriusgt.com> wrote in message
> news:D Pcxe.19204$GH6.4413@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
>
>>Can someone explain to me why Sprint will not honor the 18-month rebate
>>offer on a new phone.
>>
>>When I bought my MMA-800 I was told if I extended my contract for 2
>>years I would get the $150 rebate. I just checked the status and it's
>>been refused because a new line was not activated. That's total BS.
>>
>>Who do I need to call to get this situation rectified? I also checked
>>my wife's rebate status and it also was refused because a new number was
>>not activated. WTF?
>>
>>We were told if we extended our contract for 2 more years that was all
>>that was necessary. That's $300 they are keeping from us.
>>
>>I just need to know who to call to get this resolved. Damn if I would
>>have known we needed a new number I would have canceled the plan we were
>>on and got a new one. And I would have saved even more money for being a
>>new customer.
>>
>>Customer loyalty means nothing anymore.
>

> The question is ... were both of your phones in service for 18 months, and
> with the same telephone numbers?
>
> Bob

The phones were in service with the same number for 19 months
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 8:23:00 PM

Bob Smith wrote:
> "Bruce Richards" <bruce-REMOVE-THIS-@siriusgt.com> wrote in message
> news:D Pcxe.19204$GH6.4413@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
>
>>Can someone explain to me why Sprint will not honor the 18-month rebate
>>offer on a new phone.
>>
>>When I bought my MMA-800 I was told if I extended my contract for 2
>>years I would get the $150 rebate. I just checked the status and it's
>>been refused because a new line was not activated. That's total BS.
>>
>>Who do I need to call to get this situation rectified? I also checked
>>my wife's rebate status and it also was refused because a new number was
>>not activated. WTF?
>>
>>We were told if we extended our contract for 2 more years that was all
>>that was necessary. That's $300 they are keeping from us.
>>
>>I just need to know who to call to get this resolved. Damn if I would
>>have known we needed a new number I would have canceled the plan we were
>>on and got a new one. And I would have saved even more money for being a
>>new customer.
>>
>>Customer loyalty means nothing anymore.
>

> The question is ... were both of your phones in service for 18 months, and
> with the same telephone numbers?
>
> Bob

They were in service for 19 months with the same numbers. Oh, and I
checked for the eligibility before purchasing the new phones.
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 8:23:01 PM

Bruce Richards wrote:
> They were in service for 19 months with the same numbers
> Oh, and I checked for the eligibility before purchasing
> the new phones.

The Sprint CSR who sold me our new phone failed to do the 24 month
contract extension. The rebate dept rejected it because that line
didn't have a 24 month contract.

When I called them to correct their error, they extended the
contract from the time that I called, not from the original
time that I bought the phone.
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 8:45:45 PM

> Bob Smith wrote:
> > "Bruce Richards" <bruce-REMOVE-THIS-@siriusgt.com> wrote in message
> > news:D Pcxe.19204$GH6.4413@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
> >
> >>Can someone explain to me why Sprint will not honor the 18-month rebate
> >>offer on a new phone.
> >>
> >>When I bought my MMA-800 I was told if I extended my contract for 2
> >>years I would get the $150 rebate. I just checked the status and it's
> >>been refused because a new line was not activated. That's total BS.
> >>
> >>Who do I need to call to get this situation rectified? I also checked
> >>my wife's rebate status and it also was refused because a new number was
> >>not activated. WTF?
> >>
> >>We were told if we extended our contract for 2 more years that was all
> >>that was necessary. That's $300 they are keeping from us.
> >>
> >>I just need to know who to call to get this resolved. Damn if I would
> >>have known we needed a new number I would have canceled the plan we were
> >>on and got a new one. And I would have saved even more money for being a
> >>new customer.
> >>
> >>Customer loyalty means nothing anymore.
> >

> > The question is ... were both of your phones in service for 18 months,
and
> > with the same telephone numbers?
> >
> > Bob
> >

> The phones were in service with the same number for 19 months

Then the rep was wrong. I'd suggest you call back and ask for a supervisor

Bob
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 11:47:58 PM

ll wrote:

> The Sprint CSR who sold me our new phone failed to do the 24 month
> contract extension. The rebate dept rejected it because that line
> didn't have a 24 month contract.
>
> When I called them to correct their error, they extended the
> contract from the time that I called, not from the original
> time that I bought the phone.

Not the case with me. I finally got them to issue one of the two
rebates. Working on the second one now.

I used the contact us form on the rebate site. Response time on the
first one was 2 hours. It's been 1 hour since I've replied about the
second one.
July 1, 2005 11:47:59 PM

Bruce Richards wrote:
> ll wrote:
>>

>> The Sprint CSR who sold me our new phone failed to do the 24 month
>> contract extension. The rebate dept rejected it because that line
>> didn't have a 24 month contract.
>>
>> When I called them to correct their error, they extended the
>> contract from the time that I called, not from the original
>> time that I bought the phone.
>
> Not the case with me. I finally got them to issue one of the two
> rebates. Working on the second one now.
>
> I used the contact us form on the rebate site. Response time on the
> first one was 2 hours. It's been 1 hour since I've replied about the
> second one.

Make sure you save those emails. <g>

--
Mike
Anonymous

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 16:23:00 GMT, Bruce Richards
<bruce-REMOVE-THIS-@siriusgt.com> wrote:

>They were in service for 19 months with the same numbers. Oh, and I
>checked for the eligibility before purchasing the new phones.

Sorry for your bad experience. I hope you're right and they
were wrong, and you get justice if so.

But was it a new line you had to add, or a new plan?

In my case it was the latter, and I just got a better new deal
through retention, which constituted the new plan, and got rebates on
my wife's and my new phones. The process was simple and fast, and I
generally have little patience with such things.

Hope you get it all sorted out. DGI
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 11:23:25 PM

David G. Imber wrote:

> Sorry for your bad experience. I hope you're right and they
> were wrong, and you get justice if so.
>
> But was it a new line you had to add, or a new plan?
>
> In my case it was the latter, and I just got a better new deal
> through retention, which constituted the new plan, and got rebates on
> my wife's and my new phones. The process was simple and fast, and I
> generally have little patience with such things.
>
> Hope you get it all sorted out. DGI

According to the details you can get the $150 rebate when replacing a
phone that has been in service for 18-months on the same number as long
as you extend the contract for 2 more years. It's $100 if you choose to
extend for 1 more year.

We extended both lines and were eligible for 2 rebates. They have
finally seen the error and have corrected it. Supposedly I will receive
the checks within 30 days. The check rebate status site shows both
rebates as being approved.

Bruce
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 11:23:55 PM

Tinman wrote:

> Make sure you save those emails. <g>

Always!
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 12:14:39 AM

That's not good news...for me.

I had my contract extended as I had to change phone numbers to a new
area code when I moved. The in-store rep said it would not affect any
rebate status should I want a newer phone.

I've had the same phone 18 months, but effectively well over two years
as they replaced my Sayno 4900 after 11 months with an 8100 18 months ago.

So that means as a loyal customer with two lines for the last two and a
half years..I got screwed.

Time to pull in a favor at one of the local stores.
!