Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

18 month rebate inconsistency

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 3:18:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Just called in to get my new phones for the 18month program and found out
that Two of my 4 phones do not qualify. The reason given was that the two
phones were changed 2 months ago and that started the 18 month plan over
again for those two phones. Note all 4 phones were activated on the same
date 20 months ago... two phones destoryed in an accident 2 months ago and I
purchased NEW PHONES at full price from Frys Electronics to replace them.
Note: SPRINT did not give me replacement phones I just changed the esn to
the new phones I purchased as replacements.

The intention of the Sprint replacement plan was to have Sprint give
customers rebates on new phones every 18 months to allow them to obtain the
latest new phones and then lock them in to another 2 year contract instead
of churning to another carrier.

I was willing to sign up for another 2 years but now since they wont give me
the rebates allowing me to upgrade each of my phones I am forced to move to
another carrier to get the new phones. Good thing my original 2 year
contract is up next month.

Gary
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 1:56:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <SNfxe.3837$Qo.357@fed1read01>, garyrall@hotmail.com says...
> Note all 4 phones were activated on the same
> date 20 months ago... two phones destoryed in an accident 2 months ago and I
> purchased NEW PHONES at full price from Frys Electronics to replace them.
> Note: SPRINT did not give me replacement phones I just changed the esn to
> the new phones I purchased as replacements.
>

You may be able to find a kind Rep who'll change those two lines and
enable the rebate, but, according to the posted terms, you reset the
clock when you bought new phones:

http://pcshandsetupgrade.sprint.com/popup/pop-sprintReb...

"Purchasing and activating a new phone and receiving any other discount
prior to date of eligibility for the rebate offer forfeits enrollment in
the program (excludes additional new lines of service)."

So any rep that refuses the rebate is acting in accord with the terms of
the New For You upgrade program.

I don't want to make you angry, but I'm not going to fill your head with
pie-in-the-sky expectations, either. At absolute best, it's a rep's
judgment call, and they have to be ready to justify it if that call
happens to be a monitored one.

--
RØß
O/Siris
-+-
A thing moderately good
is not so good as it ought to be.
Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
but moderation in principle is always a vice.
+Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 7:22:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"O/Siris" <rØbjvargas@comcâst.nêt> wrote in message
"... according to the posted terms, you reset the
clock when you bought new phones."

That's what I was told recently, but it seems to be a screwy policy. I
bought a Treo 650 about 8 months after I signed up with Sprint, so I
supposedly was set back some 8 months on the rebate. Doesn't seem to make a
lot of sense since I paid full price, and especially considering that I can
just go to another carrier for a better deal when my contract expires. Am I
missing something?
Related resources
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 7:22:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Zen Cohen wrote:
> "O/Siris" <rØbjvargas@comcâst.nêt> wrote in message
> "... according to the posted terms, you reset the
> clock when you bought new phones."
>
> That's what I was told recently, but it seems to be a screwy policy. I
> bought a Treo 650 about 8 months after I signed up with Sprint, so I
> supposedly was set back some 8 months on the rebate. Doesn't seem to make a
> lot of sense since I paid full price, and especially considering that I can
> just go to another carrier for a better deal when my contract expires. Am I
> missing something?
>

No. It's not as friendly as Verizon's policy (you qualify two months before
end of contract, period). Waiting period is shorter, but Verizon doesn't
reset the timer if you activate another phone.

If you never have to use another phone on the account during the 18 months,
Sprint's policy is better than Verizon's. Otherwise, Verizon's is better.

--
JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)

"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 8:11:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <cMnxe.93663$6g3.89339@tornado.texas.rr.com>,
"Zen Cohen" <aturny@hotmail.com> wrote:
> supposedly was set back some 8 months on the rebate. Doesn't seem to make a
> lot of sense since I paid full price, and especially considering that I can
> just go to another carrier for a better deal when my contract expires. Am I
> missing something?

This confuses me, too. Since we can now keep our phone numbers when we
switch carriers, it seems to me that if some other carrier is offering a
great deal on a phone you want, there's little reason in most cases to
stick with your current carrier if they won't match the price. Thus,
I'd expect the carriers to be fairly aggressive in trying to keep their
current customers.

Or do they all figure that even though they'll lose people who jump to
get a new phone, they'll be gaining as many people who are jumping from
those other carriers?

--
--Tim Smith
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 5:39:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 21:56:16 -0500, O/Siris <rØbjvargas@comcâst.nêt>
wrote:
>http://pcshandsetupgrade.sprint.com/popup/pop-sprintReb...
>
>"Purchasing and activating a new phone and receiving any other discount
>prior to date of eligibility for the rebate offer forfeits enrollment in
>the program (excludes additional new lines of service)."

You just quoted it.

Notice the "AND" in there?
Purchasing and activating a new phone AND receiving any other
discount.

That does not include if you buy something for full price and Sprint
gives you NOTHING.

I realize this is being mishandled by the SprintPCS system and they
are moving that date back often. But if they gave you nothing it
should not affect your ability to receive a rebate from them on the
posted schedule. A deal is a deal. The obvious intent is to deny
rebates more often than every 18 months.

They are cheating.
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 8:51:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Steevo@my-deja.com wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 21:56:16 -0500, O/Siris <rØbjvargas@comcâst.nêt>
> wrote:
>> http://pcshandsetupgrade.sprint.com/popup/pop-sprintReb...
>>
>> "Purchasing and activating a new phone and receiving any other discount
>> prior to date of eligibility for the rebate offer forfeits enrollment in
>> the program (excludes additional new lines of service)."
>
> You just quoted it.
>
> Notice the "AND" in there?
> Purchasing and activating a new phone AND receiving any other
> discount.
>
> That does not include if you buy something for full price and Sprint
> gives you NOTHING.

But are you really paying *full* price? There has been some speculation
that Sprint subsidizes the sale of all Sprint phones to some extent.


> I realize this is being mishandled by the SprintPCS system and they
> are moving that date back often. But if they gave you nothing it
> should not affect your ability to receive a rebate from them on the
> posted schedule. A deal is a deal. The obvious intent is to deny
> rebates more often than every 18 months.
>
> They are cheating.

There must be some logic to it somewhere. I can't believe that
Sprint is being stupid or dishonest on purpose.

--
John Richards
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 8:51:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

John Richards wrote:

>> Notice the "AND" in there?
>> Purchasing and activating a new phone AND receiving any other
>> discount.
>>
>> That does not include if you buy something for full price and Sprint
>> gives you NOTHING.

If I buy a phone off eBay, the counter shouldn't reset then, eh?

Yet it did. On my phone, anyhow. Not on my wife's when we bought hers off
eBay (which was weird).

> There must be some logic to it somewhere. I can't believe that
> Sprint is being stupid or dishonest on purpose.

It's possible that they are. But this being Sprint, I'm more willing to
ascribe the situation to stupidity than malice.

--
JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)

"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 9:05:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 16:51:26 GMT, "John Richards"
<jr70@blackhole.invalid> wrote:

>> They are cheating.
>
>There must be some logic to it somewhere. I can't believe that
>Sprint is being stupid or dishonest on purpose.
No, more than likely it is a computer programming error. They have
unconnected systems, the rebate system doesn't know whether you got a
rebate before or not. It assumes an ESN change on your account
constitutes a rebate, which is hardly true.

I had made no changes at all and my date was being pushed back. It
was amazing. I looked, and though "Oh, good, I can get a new phone in
April" Looked again in April, it was October. Heh. I wouldn't have
believed it. I wish I had a printout. I do now.

Practically speaking if I want to buy 10 phones with my own money and
pay for them and use them interchangeably on my account as I wish,
that should have nothing to do with the "one rebate in 18 months"
deal.

FWIW, I understand rebates are going to be replaced with instant
discounts on 7/7/05.
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 1:51:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <rqfec1tqdm7slns1u342a4ngkup586a6lm@4ax.com>, steevo@my-
deja.com says...
> That does not include if you buy something for full price and Sprint
> gives you NOTHING.
>

It means you reenter the New For You program under the new phone. And,
technically, you missed an AND also.
--
RØß
O/Siris
-+-
A thing moderately good
is not so good as it ought to be.
Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
but moderation in principle is always a vice.
+Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 1:53:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <da96lf$sks$3@ratbert.glorb.com>, sjsobol@JustThe.net says...
> If I buy a phone off eBay, the counter shouldn't reset then, eh?
>
> Yet it did. On my phone, anyhow. Not on my wife's when we bought hers off
> eBay (which was weird).
>

It shouldn't. Yes, on occasion, it does. That's why reps are allowed
to add that override code. All a rep has to do is do a lookup by ESN.
If it's been used previously, it shouldn't have reset your "clock", and
the rep can place the code to override that it did so.

--
RØß
O/Siris
-+-
A thing moderately good
is not so good as it ought to be.
Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
but moderation in principle is always a vice.
+Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 1:53:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

O/Siris wrote:
> In article <da96lf$sks$3@ratbert.glorb.com>, sjsobol@JustThe.net says...
>
>>If I buy a phone off eBay, the counter shouldn't reset then, eh?
>>
>>Yet it did. On my phone, anyhow. Not on my wife's when we bought hers off
>>eBay (which was weird).
>>
>
>
> It shouldn't. Yes, on occasion, it does. That's why reps are allowed
> to add that override code. All a rep has to do is do a lookup by ESN.
> If it's been used previously, it shouldn't have reset your "clock", and
> the rep can place the code to override that it did so.

But I've been told, by Customer Service AND Executive Services, that even
buying a phone off eBay resets the clock.



--
JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)

"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 4:55:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Steve Sobol wrote:
> John Richards wrote:
>
>>> Notice the "AND" in there?
>>> Purchasing and activating a new phone AND receiving any other
>>> discount.
>>>
>>> That does not include if you buy something for full price and Sprint
>>> gives you NOTHING.
>
> If I buy a phone off eBay, the counter shouldn't reset then, eh?
>
> Yet it did. On my phone, anyhow. Not on my wife's when we bought hers off
> eBay (which was weird).
>
>> There must be some logic to it somewhere. I can't believe that
>> Sprint is being stupid or dishonest on purpose.
>
> It's possible that they are. But this being Sprint, I'm more willing to
> ascribe the situation to stupidity than malice.

I believe the criterion is not that one paid full price but whether the
phone was ever activated on Sprint's network before.
If this is its first activation, then Sprint assumes the buyer
benefited from a Sprint subsidy on the sale price of that phone,
hence the 18 month clock is reset.

--
John Richards
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 4:55:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

John Richards wrote:

> I believe the criterion is not that one paid full price but whether the
> phone was ever activated on Sprint's network before.
> If this is its first activation, then Sprint assumes the buyer
> benefited from a Sprint subsidy on the sale price of that phone,
> hence the 18 month clock is reset.

Both of the phones my wife and I currently use were previously used by other
Sprint customers. My wife's clock didn't get reset. Mine did.

--
JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)

"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 6:36:33 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

I bought a phone off ebay, even thought they said that if I activated
it, my rebate timer would be reset. But then between the time I won and
the time I was about to activate it, RS had an acceptable phone on sale
for a price I was willing to pay. I kind of hope my wife's phone breaks
so I can replace it with the one off ebay. Losing her rebate does not
matter as she would not let me spend the money on a brand new phone.


Steve Sobol wrote:
> John Richards wrote:
>
>>> Notice the "AND" in there?
>>> Purchasing and activating a new phone AND receiving any other
>>> discount.
>>>
>>> That does not include if you buy something for full price and Sprint
>>> gives you NOTHING.
>
>
> If I buy a phone off eBay, the counter shouldn't reset then, eh?
>
> Yet it did. On my phone, anyhow. Not on my wife's when we bought hers
> off eBay (which was weird).
>
>> There must be some logic to it somewhere. I can't believe that
>> Sprint is being stupid or dishonest on purpose.
>
>
> It's possible that they are. But this being Sprint, I'm more willing to
> ascribe the situation to stupidity than malice.
>
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 10:06:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Steve Sobol wrote:
> O/Siris wrote:
>> In article <da96lf$sks$3@ratbert.glorb.com>, sjsobol@JustThe.net says...
>>
>>> If I buy a phone off eBay, the counter shouldn't reset then, eh?
>>>
>>> Yet it did. On my phone, anyhow. Not on my wife's when we bought hers off
>>> eBay (which was weird).
>>>
>>
>>
>> It shouldn't. Yes, on occasion, it does. That's why reps are allowed
>> to add that override code. All a rep has to do is do a lookup by ESN.
>> If it's been used previously, it shouldn't have reset your "clock", and
>> the rep can place the code to override that it did so.
>
> But I've been told, by Customer Service AND Executive Services, that even
> buying a phone off eBay resets the clock.

Yes, but only if the phone has never been activated before.

--
John Richards
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 10:07:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Steve Sobol wrote:
> John Richards wrote:
>
>> I believe the criterion is not that one paid full price but whether the
>> phone was ever activated on Sprint's network before.
>> If this is its first activation, then Sprint assumes the buyer
>> benefited from a Sprint subsidy on the sale price of that phone,
>> hence the 18 month clock is reset.
>
> Both of the phones my wife and I currently use were previously used by other
> Sprint customers. My wife's clock didn't get reset. Mine did.

Then you have a valid reason to contest your rebate status. Someone
at Sprint made a mistake.

--
John Richards
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 7:50:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 20:25:59 -0700, Steve Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net>
wrote:

>
>But I've been told, by Customer Service AND Executive Services, that even
>buying a phone off eBay resets the clock.
>
Yeah, because of lax programming. They cut corners. I am pretty sure
they didn't intend to move the clock back whenever you made a change
to your account, but because if was a very big job to track and handle
everything correctly in software they depend on customer complaints,
or they delay your rebate. Which is better for them anyway as long as
they don't get caught. Oops. They're caught.

Most people don't change phones on their account, except when they get
one, and they get a rebate in order to get one. So for 99.5% of peeps
a change in ESN=REBATE.

Sprint is counting on that as a fact, which it's NOT.

FWIW, they do reset it if you ask, but you do have to ask, sometimes
several times until you find the right person. It's shoddy business
practices on the part of Sprint. I shouldn't have to ask.
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 8:45:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <nslic1hgfh0dbnvsv8c4au60t465nhqms5@4ax.com>,
"Steevo@my-deja.com" <steevo@my-deja.com> wrote:
> Yeah, because of lax programming. They cut corners. I am pretty sure
> they didn't intend to move the clock back whenever you made a change
> to your account, but because if was a very big job to track and handle
> everything correctly in software they depend on customer complaints,
> or they delay your rebate. Which is better for them anyway as long as
> they don't get caught. Oops. They're caught.
>
> Most people don't change phones on their account, except when they get
> one, and they get a rebate in order to get one. So for 99.5% of peeps
> a change in ESN=REBATE.
>
> Sprint is counting on that as a fact, which it's NOT.
>
> FWIW, they do reset it if you ask, but you do have to ask, sometimes
> several times until you find the right person. It's shoddy business
> practices on the part of Sprint. I shouldn't have to ask.

Gack. It sounds like they went out of their way to make it harder on
themselves. Wouldn't it be a lot simpler on Sprint's end to simply have
a field in the database for each customer that records when they become
eligible for the next rebate? Whenever they actually take a rebate, set
that field to "today + 18 months". Whenever they buy a phone, if the
date is past the next rebate date, allow the customer to take the rebate.

Trying to deduce rebate eligibility from other activity is asking for
mistakes.

--
--Tim Smith
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 8:48:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"John Richards" <jr70@blackhole.invalid> wrote in message
news:wl4ye.221$ER6.52@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
> Steve Sobol wrote:
>> O/Siris wrote:
>>> In article <da96lf$sks$3@ratbert.glorb.com>, sjsobol@JustThe.net says...
>>>
>>>> If I buy a phone off eBay, the counter shouldn't reset then, eh?
>>>>
>>>> Yet it did. On my phone, anyhow. Not on my wife's when we bought hers
>>>> off
>>>> eBay (which was weird).
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> It shouldn't. Yes, on occasion, it does. That's why reps are allowed
>>> to add that override code. All a rep has to do is do a lookup by ESN.
>>> If it's been used previously, it shouldn't have reset your "clock", and
>>> the rep can place the code to override that it did so.
>>
>> But I've been told, by Customer Service AND Executive Services, that even
>> buying a phone off eBay resets the clock.
>
> Yes, but only if the phone has never been activated before.
>
> --
> John Richards
>

Any ESN swap can reset the 18-month clock (on my own account, I had one
warranty replacement that reset it, and an ERP replacement that didn't), but
in the case of warranty exchanges/ERP replacements/CSA swaps, we can take a
few minutes, research the ESN, and if we can validate that the phone really
has been on the account somewhere for 18 months, we can add a code to allow
the rebate to go through.

Leisa
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 8:48:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Leisa wrote:

> Any ESN swap can reset the 18-month clock (on my own account, I had one
> warranty replacement that reset it, and an ERP replacement that didn't), but
> in the case of warranty exchanges/ERP replacements/CSA swaps, we can take a
> few minutes, research the ESN, and if we can validate that the phone really
> has been on the account somewhere for 18 months, we can add a code to allow
> the rebate to go through.

So you're royally screwed if you buy from Sprint, and you're royally screwed
if you don't.

It really *should* be "18 months since the last purchase of a discounted
handset."


--
JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)

"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 9:18:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 16:45:41 GMT, Tim Smith
<reply_in_group@mouse-potato.com> wrote:

>In article <nslic1hgfh0dbnvsv8c4au60t465nhqms5@4ax.com>,
> "Steevo@my-deja.com" <steevo@my-deja.com> wrote:
>>
>> FWIW, they do reset it if you ask, but you do have to ask, sometimes
>> several times until you find the right person. It's shoddy business
>> practices on the part of Sprint. I shouldn't have to ask.
>
>Gack. It sounds like they went out of their way to make it harder on
>themselves. Wouldn't it be a lot simpler on Sprint's end to simply have
>a field in the database for each customer that records when they become
>eligible for the next rebate? Whenever they actually take a rebate, set
>that field to "today + 18 months". Whenever they buy a phone, if the
>date is past the next rebate date, allow the customer to take the rebate.
>
>Trying to deduce rebate eligibility from other activity is asking for
>mistakes.

Call me cynical, but rebates are a net cost to them. If they could get
everyone to wait as long as possible due to an "error" or whatever,
they would have to pay later, or maybe not at all.

If they didn't have to pay 2 million earned rebates this year, well,
how could that be bad for them? They DO back off if you catch them.

But most people don't read their phone or credit card bills, or their
bank statements. There are millions of dollars of "errors" that are
not caught by consumers every month. Companies make millions on them.
July 5, 2005 11:17:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Welcome to Sprint PCS!
Had the same exact thing happen to us yesterday. We have had two lines
with Sprint for almost 5 years now. Contacted them because our two
year agreement expired last week. About 8 months ago the wife's phone
broke in two. Bought a replacement on ebay and called and activated.
Noticed that her phone now says 10 more months for rebate.
Told them that the plan rules says Purchasing and activating a new
phone AND receiving any other discount. We didn't receive any
discount! The guy says no go. Then he has the balls to say that he
noticed are contracts were up and would we like to renew since my
phone is eligible and that makes it a good deal! "It's just like
getting $75 off on each phone!" I just laughed and hung up.
Who designed this business model?
Anyway, I guess its goodbye SprintPCS.


On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 11:18:33 -0700, "Gary Rall" <garyrall@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Just called in to get my new phones for the 18month program and found out
>that Two of my 4 phones do not qualify. The reason given was that the two
>phones were changed 2 months ago and that started the 18 month plan over
>again for those two phones. Note all 4 phones were activated on the same
>date 20 months ago... two phones destoryed in an accident 2 months ago and I
>purchased NEW PHONES at full price from Frys Electronics to replace them.
>Note: SPRINT did not give me replacement phones I just changed the esn to
>the new phones I purchased as replacements.
>
>The intention of the Sprint replacement plan was to have Sprint give
>customers rebates on new phones every 18 months to allow them to obtain the
>latest new phones and then lock them in to another 2 year contract instead
>of churning to another carrier.
>
>I was willing to sign up for another 2 years but now since they wont give me
>the rebates allowing me to upgrade each of my phones I am forced to move to
>another carrier to get the new phones. Good thing my original 2 year
>contract is up next month.
>
>Gary
>


Al
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 1:48:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Al wrote:
> Welcome to Sprint PCS!
> Had the same exact thing happen to us yesterday. We have had two lines
> with Sprint for almost 5 years now. Contacted them because our two
> year agreement expired last week. About 8 months ago the wife's phone
> broke in two. Bought a replacement on ebay and called and activated.
> Noticed that her phone now says 10 more months for rebate.
> Told them that the plan rules says Purchasing and activating a new
> phone AND receiving any other discount. We didn't receive any
> discount! The guy says no go. Then he has the balls to say that he
> noticed are contracts were up and would we like to renew since my
> phone is eligible and that makes it a good deal! "It's just like
> getting $75 off on each phone!" I just laughed and hung up.
> Who designed this business model?

> Anyway, I guess its goodbye SprintPCS.

You got an idiot (and, obviously, a jerk) for a CSR. I'd call back.

Talk to a supervisor.

--
JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)

"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"
!