6pm nights

you can now (july 6th for sure) get 6pm nights for $10 or $5 if your
already on 7pm nights they are also getting rid of the free and clear plans
and changing some of the vision plans so there are only 3 of them
19 answers Last reply
More about nights

    Tom wrote:
    > you can now (july 6th for sure) get 6pm nights for $10 or $5 if your
    > already on 7pm nights they are also getting rid of the free and clear plans

    Getting rid of them altogether?

    Interesting.

    --
    JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

    "Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"

    If they get rid of the Free and Clear plans, what does that mean?

    > Tom wrote:
    >> you can now (july 6th for sure) get 6pm nights for $10 or $5 if your
    >> already on 7pm nights they are also getting rid of the free and clear
    >> plans
    >
    > Getting rid of them altogether?
    >
    > Interesting.
    >

    > --
    > JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
    > Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
    > temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)
    >
    > "Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"

    this is what I remember so don't quote me for sure starts Tue July 7
    removing free and clear all new plans will be fair and flexible.
    f&f family plan 2 is being reduced to $115 for 2500 min
    2nd line
    still free pcs to pcs
    most options are now 50% discount for 2nd line
    American 6 or 7 nights free if on primary line
    vision
    $10 prem plan
    $15 pic pack
    $20 multimedia
    100 SMS message pulled from packs but can be added for $5 for 100 or $100
    unlimited

    2 month free (vision, all the add ons) goes to 1 month free on new plans
    daily balance notification removed

    Sprint business connection personal edition increased to $15

    Rebates
    most new customers 1 year rebates moves to $75
    2 year $10
    Existing customers
    NFYUP program with change to 12 month

    "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospam.net> wrote in message
    > If they get rid of the Free and Clear plans, what does that mean?
    >
    > "Steve Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
    >> Tom wrote:
    >>> you can now (july 6th for sure) get 6pm nights for $10 or $5 if your
    >>> already on 7pm nights they are also getting rid of the free and clear
    >>> plans
    >>
    >> Getting rid of them altogether?
    >>
    >> Interesting.
    >>

    >> --
    >> JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
    >> Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
    >> temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)
    >>
    >> "Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"

    If they are doing this so soon then why doesn't it say it on their
    website... or anywhere else for that matter? Plus, how would they work out
    the priocing differences? For $40 I get 500 minutes... I don't remember
    seeing a f&f plan like that.

    Scooterflex wrote:
    > If they are doing this so soon then why doesn't it say it on their
    > website... or anywhere else for that matter? Plus, how would they work out
    > the priocing differences? For $40 I get 500 minutes... I don't remember
    > seeing a f&f plan like that.

    I'm pretty sure that existing accounts won't be affected. The changes
    apply only to newly provisioned accounts.

    --
    John Richards

    Thanks...

    On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 16:52:42 -0700, "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospam.net>
    wrote:

    >If they get rid of the Free and Clear plans, what does that mean?

    When Sprint "gets rid of" a plan, to existing customers who are on
    that plan, it means nothing. To new customers, that plan simply won't
    be available anymore.

    I was told, in 2003, I think, that Sprint had about 9,300 different
    plans in the system, which of course would be more now. There was an
    effort at that time to identify the number of customers on each plan
    and potentially clean up (remove) any plans that had no customers and
    evaluate the cost of forced migration of customers from old plans to
    newer plans. I'm not sure what came of the effort, if anything.

    --
    Paul Miner

    "Paul Miner" <pminer@elrancho.invalid> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 16:52:42 -0700, "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospam.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >If they get rid of the Free and Clear plans, what does that mean?
    >
    > When Sprint "gets rid of" a plan, to existing customers who are on
    > that plan, it means nothing. To new customers, that plan simply won't
    > be available anymore.
    >
    > I was told, in 2003, I think, that Sprint had about 9,300 different
    > plans in the system, which of course would be more now. There was an
    > effort at that time to identify the number of customers on each plan
    > and potentially clean up (remove) any plans that had no customers and
    > evaluate the cost of forced migration of customers from old plans to
    > newer plans. I'm not sure what came of the effort, if anything.
    >
    > --
    > Paul Miner

    I never realized they had that many plans in the system. I would have
    thought it was closer to between 50 to 100 since they started up in 96. As
    for forced migration from one grandfathered plan to a new one, I've never
    heard of them doing it. There are still folks on the old original Pioneer
    plan, where there was no monthly plan, and all incoming and outgoing minutes
    cost $0.35/min.

    Bob
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <r8GdnR5GqoVezlrfRVn-ig@midco.net>, Tom <notme@invalied.coop> wrote:
    >this is what I remember so don't quote me for sure starts Tue July 7
    > [...]

    What year? In 2005, July 7 is a Tuesday ...

    --
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    | Brian Gordon -->briang@panix.com<-- brian.gordon at cox dot net |

    On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 01:17:47 +0000 (UTC), briang@panix.com (Brian
    Gordon) wrote:

    >In article <r8GdnR5GqoVezlrfRVn-ig@midco.net>, Tom <notme@invalied.coop> wrote:
    >>this is what I remember so don't quote me for sure starts Tue July 7
    >> [...]
    >
    >What year? In 2005, July 7 is a Tuesday ...

    Or maybe a Thursday? :-)

    --
    Paul Miner
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Brian Gordon wrote:

    > What year? In 2005, July 7 is a Tuesday ...

    July 7th is a Thursday. Today is Tuesday, 7/5/2005.

    --
    JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

    "Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Where do I pay my extra $5 and sign up???

    > Brian Gordon wrote:
    >
    >> What year? In 2005, July 7 is a Tuesday ...
    >
    > July 7th is a Thursday. Today is Tuesday, 7/5/2005.
    >

    > --
    > JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
    > Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
    > temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)
    >
    > "Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <rugic15bkm6bfld0tn7uinopa4rri7sea8@4ax.com>,
    Paul Miner <pminer@elrancho.invalid> writes:
    [snip]
    > I was told, in 2003, I think, that Sprint had about 9,300 different
    > plans in the system, which of course would be more now. There was an
    > effort at that time to identify the number of customers on each plan
    > and potentially clean up (remove) any plans that had no customers and
    > evaluate the cost of forced migration of customers from old plans to
    > newer plans. I'm not sure what came of the effort, if anything.

    I'm guessing not a whole lot. I'm on an old, *old* $30/mo. for 300
    anytime minutes, FIMF plan. I recently received some-or-another
    limited-time offer for an "upgrade," but that's it.

    Speaking of new plans... on analysis, no current SPCS plan does
    anything for me, other than raise my rate $5/mo. (I almost *never*
    go over my 300 minutes and *rarely* use the phone nights and
    weekends.) *If* I could get a plan for my wife and I that wouldn't
    result in more than about a $10/mo. raise over the aggregate of the
    two separate plans we have now (she's on Verizon), and we could get a
    couple of neat phones in the process, I'd go for it. This last time
    the stopper was SPCS said I wasn't eligible for a phone rebate until
    sometime next year. So we're staying put. If her phone dies before
    I'm eligible for the rebate, SPCS may well lose my business entirely,
    because then we'll be talking to Verizon, too. Yeah, I went the
    retention route. And yup, I told them that.

    About a year ago I tried, I really, really tried, to figure out how
    to dump one of the land-lines and put both my wife and I on SPCS. No
    matter *how* I crunched the numbers, regardless of the plan, I could
    not come up with a way to even break even, much-less save money. The
    killer that time was long-distance to Europe. (Ironically, we're
    using Sprint LD on the land-line. Go figure.)

    --
    Jim Seymour | "There is no expedient to which a man will not
    jseymour@LinxNet.com | go to avoid the labor of thinking."

    Jim Seymour wrote:

    > I'm on an old, *old* $30/mo. for 300 anytime minutes, FIMF plan.
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    > SPCS said I wasn't eligible for a phone rebate until sometime next
    > year.

    How did you get around the $34.99 minimum plan requirement for a
    rebate/discount? I have a five year old phone on a $30 plan, and I've
    been told repeatedly by SPCS that there are no deals for me.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Have you thought about getting unlimited calls from Sprint phones to Sprint
    phones for $5, which would cost you $35 and qualify you for
    rebates/discount?

    sc

    "News Reader" <no@email.please> wrote in message
    > Jim Seymour wrote:
    >
    >> I'm on an old, *old* $30/mo. for 300 anytime minutes, FIMF plan.
    >>
    >> [snip]
    >>
    >> SPCS said I wasn't eligible for a phone rebate until sometime next
    >> year.
    >
    > How did you get around the $34.99 minimum plan requirement for a
    > rebate/discount? I have a five year old phone on a $30 plan, and I've
    > been told repeatedly by SPCS that there are no deals for me.

  16. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    scannell wrote:
    > Have you thought about getting unlimited calls from Sprint phones to Sprint
    > phones for $5, which would cost you $35 and qualify you for
    > rebates/discount?

    You really ought to take a closer look at Sprint's literature which clearly
    states that you have to be paying $35 for your plan all by itself. A $5
    add-on would not work.

    Company website: http://JustThe.net/
    E: sjsobol@JustThe.net Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307
  17. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "scannell" wrote re: new phone rebate for a $30 plan:

    > Have you thought about getting unlimited calls from Sprint phones to
    > Sprint phones for $5, which would cost you $35 and qualify you for
    > rebates/discount?

    Won't work. PCS-to-PCS does not count toward the $34.99 minimum plan
    requirement.

    I've explored this numerous times, and it appears that you are sol with
    a $30 plan. Besides, any upgrade of $5 per month would eat up the $150
    rebate within the life expectancy of the handset. Not really worth
    extending the contract for two years.

    OTOH, I can't leave for another carrier and find a deal as sweet as the
    one I have. SPCS is not stupid. They know this. Bottom line: If I want a
    new phone, I'll have to pay full price. (Unless someone here can suggest
    some sort of end-around carry?)
  18. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <RLydnXV2LtYtRH3fRVn-1A@rcn.net>, no@email.please says...
    > "scannell" wrote re: new phone rebate for a $30 plan:
    >
    > > Have you thought about getting unlimited calls from Sprint phones to
    > > Sprint phones for $5, which would cost you $35 and qualify you for
    > > rebates/discount?
    >
    > Won't work. PCS-to-PCS does not count toward the $34.99 minimum plan
    > requirement.
    >
    > I've explored this numerous times, and it appears that you are sol with
    > a $30 plan. Besides, any upgrade of $5 per month would eat up the $150
    > rebate within the life expectancy of the handset. Not really worth
    > extending the contract for two years.
    >
    > OTOH, I can't leave for another carrier and find a deal as sweet as the
    > one I have. SPCS is not stupid. They know this. Bottom line: If I want a
    > new phone, I'll have to pay full price. (Unless someone here can suggest
    > some sort of end-around carry?)

    I can't get anything out of them now. 2 1/2 years ago I got them to go from
    $30 for 300 anytime to $30 for 300/3000 n&w starting at 8pm with a one year
    agreement. I also got a new Sanyo 4900 for about $9.

    I'm resigned to just paying full price for a new phone.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <prqdnY41yN1_bkHfRVn-gA@rcn.net>,
    "News Reader" <no@email.please> writes:
    > Jim Seymour wrote:
    >
    >> I'm on an old, *old* $30/mo. for 300 anytime minutes, FIMF plan.
    >>
    >> [snip]
    >>
    >> SPCS said I wasn't eligible for a phone rebate until sometime next
    >> year.
    >
    > How did you get around the $34.99 minimum plan requirement for a
    > rebate/discount? I have a five year old phone

    Wow! A five-year-old phone and it's still working?

    > on a $30 plan, and I've
    > been told repeatedly by SPCS that there are no deals for me.

    Tell them you'll leave, and *mean* it. I did. That is: I told 'em
    I'd leave and I meant it. In my area: VZ has about the same
    coverage as SPCS. We also have good coverage from Cingular (*yech*),
    T-Mobile and Nextel. (I almost certainly would've gone directly to
    VZ.)

    I beat the hell out of retentions, is what I did. Part of that being
    making the point I was one of their oldest customers in the
    Detroit-Metro market. Still: I didn't get a rebate equal to what a
    contract customer would get. I think they gave me something like $50
    off their lowest-end Nokia at the time. (I *don't* like this phone
    at all, btw.)

    Here's the "funny" thing: They've been after me to switch from my old
    contract-less plan for some time. Finally *I* call *them* wanting to
    do that, *and* add my wife (who's currently on VZ). What kills the
    deal? The fact that they gave me a little discount on a new phone a
    year ago or so, and therefor was ineligible for a big rebate on a new
    phone when signing a new contract.

    Sometimes SPCS makes no sense.

    Btw: The thing that really, *really* gets my goat is this: I didn't
    even *want* a new phone. I *had* to get a new phone because the 2nd
    of my Kyocera 2255s was rapidly dying. (If a friend hadn't given me
    his old 2255 after getting himself a new phone, I would've had to
    have bought a new one much sooner that even that.) I liked that
    2255. Sometimes SPCS makes it very hard for me to continue liking
    them.

    Y'know, everybody says the cell companies don't make any money off
    phones. That may be so, but somebody damn sure must be. And a good
    scam they have going, too. I haven't had a phone last more than two
    years. And I don't abuse my equipment.

    --
    Jim Seymour | "There is no expedient to which a man will not
    jseymour@LinxNet.com | go to avoid the labor of thinking."
    http://jimsun.LinxNet.com | - Thomas A. Edison

Sprint PCS Internet Service Providers