6pm nights

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
July 2, 2005 6:21:24 AM

you can now (july 6th for sure) get 6pm nights for $10 or $5 if your
already on 7pm nights they are also getting rid of the free and clear plans
and changing some of the vision plans so there are only 3 of them

More about : 6pm nights

Anonymous
July 2, 2005 6:06:13 PM

Tom wrote:
> you can now (july 6th for sure) get 6pm nights for $10 or $5 if your
> already on 7pm nights they are also getting rid of the free and clear plans

Getting rid of them altogether?

Interesting.

--
JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 8:52:42 PM

If they get rid of the Free and Clear plans, what does that mean?

news:D a6v2k$3bm$2@ratbert.glorb.com...
> Tom wrote:
>> you can now (july 6th for sure) get 6pm nights for $10 or $5 if your
>> already on 7pm nights they are also getting rid of the free and clear
>> plans
>
> Getting rid of them altogether?
>
> Interesting.
>

> --
> JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
> Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
> temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)
>
> "Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"
Related resources
July 3, 2005 1:56:02 AM

this is what I remember so don't quote me for sure starts Tue July 7
removing free and clear all new plans will be fair and flexible.
f&f family plan 2 is being reduced to $115 for 2500 min
2nd line
still free pcs to pcs
most options are now 50% discount for 2nd line
American 6 or 7 nights free if on primary line
vision
$10 prem plan
$15 pic pack
$20 multimedia
100 SMS message pulled from packs but can be added for $5 for 100 or $100
unlimited

2 month free (vision, all the add ons) goes to 1 month free on new plans
daily balance notification removed

Sprint business connection personal edition increased to $15

Rebates
most new customers 1 year rebates moves to $75
2 year $10
Existing customers
NFYUP program with change to 12 month

"Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospam.net> wrote in message
news:D NFxe.17743$8o.10469@fed1read03...
> If they get rid of the Free and Clear plans, what does that mean?
>
> "Steve Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
> news:D a6v2k$3bm$2@ratbert.glorb.com...
>> Tom wrote:
>>> you can now (july 6th for sure) get 6pm nights for $10 or $5 if your
>>> already on 7pm nights they are also getting rid of the free and clear
>>> plans
>>
>> Getting rid of them altogether?
>>
>> Interesting.
>>

>> --
>> JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
>> Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
>> temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)
>>
>> "Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"

Anonymous
July 3, 2005 8:49:15 AM

If they are doing this so soon then why doesn't it say it on their
website... or anywhere else for that matter? Plus, how would they work out
the priocing differences? For $40 I get 500 minutes... I don't remember
seeing a f&f plan like that.

"Tom" <notme@invalied.coop> wrote in message
> this is what I remember so don't quote me for sure starts Tue July 7
> removing free and clear all new plans will be fair and flexible.
> f&f family plan 2 is being reduced to $115 for 2500 min
> 2nd line
> still free pcs to pcs
> most options are now 50% discount for 2nd line
> American 6 or 7 nights free if on primary line
> vision
> $10 prem plan
> $15 pic pack
> $20 multimedia
> 100 SMS message pulled from packs but can be added for $5 for 100 or $100
> unlimited
>
> 2 month free (vision, all the add ons) goes to 1 month free on new plans
> daily balance notification removed
>
> Sprint business connection personal edition increased to $15
>
> Rebates
> most new customers 1 year rebates moves to $75
> 2 year $10
> Existing customers
> NFYUP program with change to 12 month
>

> "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospam.net> wrote in message
> news:D NFxe.17743$8o.10469@fed1read03...
> > If they get rid of the Free and Clear plans, what does that mean?
> >
> > "Steve Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
> > news:D a6v2k$3bm$2@ratbert.glorb.com...
> >>
> >> Getting rid of them altogether?
> >>
> >> Interesting.
> >>

> >> --
> >> JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
> >> Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
> >> temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)
> >>
> >> "Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick,
"Breathe"

Anonymous
July 3, 2005 9:17:27 PM

Scooterflex wrote:
> If they are doing this so soon then why doesn't it say it on their
> website... or anywhere else for that matter? Plus, how would they work out
> the priocing differences? For $40 I get 500 minutes... I don't remember
> seeing a f&f plan like that.

I'm pretty sure that existing accounts won't be affected. The changes
apply only to newly provisioned accounts.

--
John Richards
Anonymous

Thanks...

"John Richards" <jr70@blackhole.invalid> wrote in message
> Scooterflex wrote:
> > If they are doing this so soon then why doesn't it say it on their
> > website... or anywhere else for that matter? Plus, how would they work
out
> > the priocing differences? For $40 I get 500 minutes... I don't remember
> > seeing a f&f plan like that.
>

> I'm pretty sure that existing accounts won't be affected. The changes
> apply only to newly provisioned accounts.
>
> --
> John Richards

Anonymous
July 4, 2005 6:18:45 PM

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 16:52:42 -0700, "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospam.net>
wrote:

>If they get rid of the Free and Clear plans, what does that mean?

When Sprint "gets rid of" a plan, to existing customers who are on
that plan, it means nothing. To new customers, that plan simply won't
be available anymore.

I was told, in 2003, I think, that Sprint had about 9,300 different
plans in the system, which of course would be more now. There was an
effort at that time to identify the number of customers on each plan
and potentially clean up (remove) any plans that had no customers and
evaluate the cost of forced migration of customers from old plans to
newer plans. I'm not sure what came of the effort, if anything.

--
Paul Miner
Anonymous

"Paul Miner" <pminer@elrancho.invalid> wrote in message
> On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 16:52:42 -0700, "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospam.net>
> wrote:
>
> >If they get rid of the Free and Clear plans, what does that mean?
>
> When Sprint "gets rid of" a plan, to existing customers who are on
> that plan, it means nothing. To new customers, that plan simply won't
> be available anymore.
>
> I was told, in 2003, I think, that Sprint had about 9,300 different
> plans in the system, which of course would be more now. There was an
> effort at that time to identify the number of customers on each plan
> and potentially clean up (remove) any plans that had no customers and
> evaluate the cost of forced migration of customers from old plans to
> newer plans. I'm not sure what came of the effort, if anything.
>
> --
> Paul Miner

I never realized they had that many plans in the system. I would have
thought it was closer to between 50 to 100 since they started up in 96. As
for forced migration from one grandfathered plan to a new one, I've never
heard of them doing it. There are still folks on the old original Pioneer
plan, where there was no monthly plan, and all incoming and outgoing minutes
cost $0.35/min.

Bob
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 5:17:47 AM

In article <r8GdnR5GqoVezlrfRVn-ig@midco.net>, Tom <notme@invalied.coop> wrote:
>this is what I remember so don't quote me for sure starts Tue July 7
> [...]

What year? In 2005, July 7 is a Tuesday ...

--
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| Brian Gordon -->briang@panix.com<-- brian.gordon at cox dot net |

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 01:17:47 +0000 (UTC), briang@panix.com (Brian
Gordon) wrote:

>In article <r8GdnR5GqoVezlrfRVn-ig@midco.net>, Tom <notme@invalied.coop> wrote:
>>this is what I remember so don't quote me for sure starts Tue July 7
>> [...]
>
>What year? In 2005, July 7 is a Tuesday ...

Or maybe a Thursday? :-)

--
Paul Miner
Anonymous

Brian Gordon wrote:

> What year? In 2005, July 7 is a Tuesday ...

July 7th is a Thursday. Today is Tuesday, 7/5/2005.

--
JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 10:53:04 PM

Where do I pay my extra $5 and sign up???

news:D af0hv$6g4$3@ratbert.glorb.com...
> Brian Gordon wrote:
>
>> What year? In 2005, July 7 is a Tuesday ...
>
> July 7th is a Thursday. Today is Tuesday, 7/5/2005.
>

> --
> JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
> Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
> temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)
>
> "Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 5:36:01 AM

In article <rugic15bkm6bfld0tn7uinopa4rri7sea8@4ax.com>,
Paul Miner <pminer@elrancho.invalid> writes:
[snip]
> I was told, in 2003, I think, that Sprint had about 9,300 different
> plans in the system, which of course would be more now. There was an
> effort at that time to identify the number of customers on each plan
> and potentially clean up (remove) any plans that had no customers and
> evaluate the cost of forced migration of customers from old plans to
> newer plans. I'm not sure what came of the effort, if anything.

I'm guessing not a whole lot. I'm on an old, *old* $30/mo. for 300
anytime minutes, FIMF plan. I recently received some-or-another
limited-time offer for an "upgrade," but that's it.

Speaking of new plans... on analysis, no current SPCS plan does
anything for me, other than raise my rate $5/mo. (I almost *never*
go over my 300 minutes and *rarely* use the phone nights and
weekends.) *If* I could get a plan for my wife and I that wouldn't
result in more than about a $10/mo. raise over the aggregate of the
two separate plans we have now (she's on Verizon), and we could get a
couple of neat phones in the process, I'd go for it. This last time
the stopper was SPCS said I wasn't eligible for a phone rebate until
sometime next year. So we're staying put. If her phone dies before
I'm eligible for the rebate, SPCS may well lose my business entirely,
because then we'll be talking to Verizon, too. Yeah, I went the
retention route. And yup, I told them that.

About a year ago I tried, I really, really tried, to figure out how
to dump one of the land-lines and put both my wife and I on SPCS. No
matter *how* I crunched the numbers, regardless of the plan, I could
not come up with a way to even break even, much-less save money. The
killer that time was long-distance to Europe. (Ironically, we're
using Sprint LD on the land-line. Go figure.)

--
Jim Seymour | "There is no expedient to which a man will not
jseymour@LinxNet.com | go to avoid the labor of thinking."

Jim Seymour wrote:

> I'm on an old, *old* $30/mo. for 300 anytime minutes, FIMF plan.
>
> [snip]
>
> SPCS said I wasn't eligible for a phone rebate until sometime next
> year.

How did you get around the $34.99 minimum plan requirement for a
rebate/discount? I have a five year old phone on a $30 plan, and I've
been told repeatedly by SPCS that there are no deals for me.
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 8:50:45 AM

Have you thought about getting unlimited calls from Sprint phones to Sprint
phones for $5, which would cost you $35 and qualify you for
rebates/discount?

sc

"News Reader" <no@email.please> wrote in message
news:p rqdnY41yN1_bkHfRVn-gA@rcn.net...
> Jim Seymour wrote:
>
>> I'm on an old, *old* $30/mo. for 300 anytime minutes, FIMF plan.
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> SPCS said I wasn't eligible for a phone rebate until sometime next
>> year.
>
> How did you get around the $34.99 minimum plan requirement for a
> rebate/discount? I have a five year old phone on a $30 plan, and I've
> been told repeatedly by SPCS that there are no deals for me.

Anonymous
July 22, 2005 8:50:46 AM

scannell wrote:
> Have you thought about getting unlimited calls from Sprint phones to Sprint
> phones for $5, which would cost you $35 and qualify you for
> rebates/discount?

You really ought to take a closer look at Sprint's literature which clearly
states that you have to be paying $35 for your plan all by itself. A $5
add-on would not work.

Company website: http://JustThe.net/
E: sjsobol@JustThe.net Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 11:34:01 AM

"scannell" wrote re: new phone rebate for a $30 plan:

> Have you thought about getting unlimited calls from Sprint phones to
> Sprint phones for $5, which would cost you $35 and qualify you for
> rebates/discount?

Won't work. PCS-to-PCS does not count toward the $34.99 minimum plan
requirement.

I've explored this numerous times, and it appears that you are sol with
a $30 plan. Besides, any upgrade of $5 per month would eat up the $150
rebate within the life expectancy of the handset. Not really worth
extending the contract for two years.

OTOH, I can't leave for another carrier and find a deal as sweet as the
one I have. SPCS is not stupid. They know this. Bottom line: If I want a
new phone, I'll have to pay full price. (Unless someone here can suggest
some sort of end-around carry?)
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 6:39:05 AM

In article <RLydnXV2LtYtRH3fRVn-1A@rcn.net>, no@email.please says...
> "scannell" wrote re: new phone rebate for a $30 plan:
>
> > Have you thought about getting unlimited calls from Sprint phones to
> > Sprint phones for $5, which would cost you $35 and qualify you for
> > rebates/discount?
>
> Won't work. PCS-to-PCS does not count toward the $34.99 minimum plan
> requirement.
>
> I've explored this numerous times, and it appears that you are sol with
> a $30 plan. Besides, any upgrade of $5 per month would eat up the $150
> rebate within the life expectancy of the handset. Not really worth
> extending the contract for two years.
>
> OTOH, I can't leave for another carrier and find a deal as sweet as the
> one I have. SPCS is not stupid. They know this. Bottom line: If I want a
> new phone, I'll have to pay full price. (Unless someone here can suggest
> some sort of end-around carry?)

I can't get anything out of them now. 2 1/2 years ago I got them to go from
$30 for 300 anytime to $30 for 300/3000 n&w starting at 8pm with a one year
agreement. I also got a new Sanyo 4900 for about $9.

I'm resigned to just paying full price for a new phone.
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 5:24:41 PM

In article <prqdnY41yN1_bkHfRVn-gA@rcn.net>,
"News Reader" <no@email.please> writes:
> Jim Seymour wrote:
>
>> I'm on an old, *old* $30/mo. for 300 anytime minutes, FIMF plan.
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> SPCS said I wasn't eligible for a phone rebate until sometime next
>> year.
>
> How did you get around the $34.99 minimum plan requirement for a
> rebate/discount? I have a five year old phone

Wow! A five-year-old phone and it's still working?

> on a $30 plan, and I've
> been told repeatedly by SPCS that there are no deals for me.

Tell them you'll leave, and *mean* it. I did. That is: I told 'em
I'd leave and I meant it. In my area: VZ has about the same
coverage as SPCS. We also have good coverage from Cingular (*yech*),
T-Mobile and Nextel. (I almost certainly would've gone directly to
VZ.)

I beat the hell out of retentions, is what I did. Part of that being
making the point I was one of their oldest customers in the
Detroit-Metro market. Still: I didn't get a rebate equal to what a
contract customer would get. I think they gave me something like $50
off their lowest-end Nokia at the time. (I *don't* like this phone
at all, btw.)

Here's the "funny" thing: They've been after me to switch from my old
contract-less plan for some time. Finally *I* call *them* wanting to
do that, *and* add my wife (who's currently on VZ). What kills the
deal? The fact that they gave me a little discount on a new phone a
year ago or so, and therefor was ineligible for a big rebate on a new
phone when signing a new contract.

Sometimes SPCS makes no sense.

Btw: The thing that really, *really* gets my goat is this: I didn't
even *want* a new phone. I *had* to get a new phone because the 2nd
of my Kyocera 2255s was rapidly dying. (If a friend hadn't given me
his old 2255 after getting himself a new phone, I would've had to
have bought a new one much sooner that even that.) I liked that
2255. Sometimes SPCS makes it very hard for me to continue liking
them.

Y'know, everybody says the cell companies don't make any money off
phones. That may be so, but somebody damn sure must be. And a good
scam they have going, too. I haven't had a phone last more than two
years. And I don't abuse my equipment.

--
!