Flash on VGA1000 as flashlight?

Can I turn on the flash to be used as a flashlight? I friend has a
different Samsung and he can hold down the Volume Up button for a few
seconds (when the phone is closed) and his flash will come on for about
20 seconds and makes a decent light.

Can I do something like this on the VGA1000?

Thanks!

sooner_luvr@yahoo.com wrote:
> Can I turn on the flash to be used as a flashlight? I friend has a
> different Samsung and he can hold down the Volume Up button for a few
> seconds (when the phone is closed) and his flash will come on for about
> 20 seconds and makes a decent light.
>
> Can I do something like this on the VGA1000?

No. I'm sure the flashlight feature would be somewhere in the manual if so,
and it isn't in my manual.

--
JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"

Steve Sobol wrote:
> sooner_luvr@yahoo.com wrote:
> > Can I turn on the flash to be used as a flashlight? I friend has a
> > different Samsung and he can hold down the Volume Up button for a few
> > seconds (when the phone is closed) and his flash will come on for about
> > 20 seconds and makes a decent light.
> >
> > Can I do something like this on the VGA1000?
>
> No. I'm sure the flashlight feature would be somewhere in the manual if so,
> and it isn't in my manual.
>

> --
> JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
> Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
> temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)
>
> "Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"

He found it out by accident just by pressing the Up volume once,
letting go, then pressing it again and holding it down and the light
came on. He said it was not in the manual. I'll try to find out the
model of his phone.

<sooner_luvr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Can I turn on the flash to be used as a flashlight? I friend has a
> different Samsung and he can hold down the Volume Up button for a few
> seconds (when the phone is closed) and his flash will come on for about
> 20 seconds and makes a decent light.
>
> Can I do something like this on the VGA1000?
>
> Thanks!

Great idea to add to a phone. I've never seen that option featured on a SPCS
phone. Do you remember what your friend's model is?

Bob

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

Bob Smith wrote:
> <sooner_luvr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>Can I turn on the flash to be used as a flashlight? I friend has a
>>different Samsung and he can hold down the Volume Up button for a few
>>seconds (when the phone is closed) and his flash will come on for about
>>20 seconds and makes a decent light.
>>
>>Can I do something like this on the VGA1000?
>>
>>Thanks!
>

> Great idea to add to a phone. I've never seen that option featured on a SPCS
> phone. Do you remember what your friend's model is?
>
> Bob

Sanyo 8200 has this feature.

sooner_luvr@yahoo.com wrote:

>>>Can I do something like this on the VGA1000?
>>
>>No. I'm sure the flashlight feature would be somewhere in the manual if so,
>>and it isn't in my manual.

> He found it out by accident just by pressing the Up volume once,
> letting go, then pressing it again and holding it down and the light
> came on. He said it was not in the manual. I'll try to find out the
> model of his phone.

Didn't work for me...

--

"Rick" <Rick@rick.net> wrote in message
> Bob Smith wrote:
> > <sooner_luvr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>Can I turn on the flash to be used as a flashlight? I friend has a
> >>different Samsung and he can hold down the Volume Up button for a few
> >>seconds (when the phone is closed) and his flash will come on for about
> >>20 seconds and makes a decent light.
> >>
> >>Can I do something like this on the VGA1000?
> >>
> >>Thanks!
> >

> > Great idea to add to a phone. I've never seen that option featured on a
SPCS
> > phone. Do you remember what your friend's model is?
> >
> > Bob
> >

> Sanyo 8200 has this feature.

Must be an unannounced feature as this information is not included on SPCS's
web info on the phone model.

Bob