rebate on sprint site

I know they have made some changes, but what I don't for the rebate program
is why they didn't grandfather in those of us that are on a contract? Why
not simply make this new rule effective for new customers? Also, why in the
hell didn't they notify people that this would be changing, is this not
something they are required to do?

It seems like a pretty shitty deal to be honest, considering I was
originally up for a rebate in october now it's not until next april,
annoying as hell.

Capt.
10 answers Last reply
More about rebate sprint site

    Capn wrote:
    > I know they have made some changes, but what I don't for the rebate program
    > is why they didn't grandfather in those of us that are on a contract? Why
    > not simply make this new rule effective for new customers? Also, why in the
    > hell didn't they notify people that this would be changing, is this not
    > something they are required to do?
    >
    > It seems like a pretty shitty deal to be honest, considering I was
    > originally up for a rebate in october now it's not until next april,
    > annoying as hell.
    >
    > Capt.

    I agree, it does not seem fair for those who had already qualified for
    the full $150 rebate under the old 18 month rule. I intend to send
    a strongly worded complaint email to Customer Support, and I
    hope all of you who are in the same boat will do likewise.

    --
    John Richards

    I just got a new sanyo 8200 last friday (Upgrade) & i mailed my rebate
    form in yesterday.Now they did pull my account up in the store (RADIO
    SHACK) & said that i do qualify for the rebate.Now with these NEW
    rules,do you think i will still qualify? i hope so.

    In article <g9vze.17888$pa3.15812@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
    Bob Smith <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >The question is, - Will that rebate be on the old set of parameters ... or
    >the new set? Right now, there is conflicting information on SPCS's site,
    >which I've emailed SPCS about.

    Do I understand this new program correctly: You are a
    long-term customer whose phone has just failed, so you
    activate an old phone as an immediate and temporary
    solution and go looking for a suitable replacement.
    You've basically screwed yourself, right?

    Rob
    --
    Rob Stampfli

    On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 03:15:25 GMT, restamp@hotmail.com (Rob Stampfli)
    wrote:

    >In article <g9vze.17888$pa3.15812@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
    >Bob Smith <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >>
    >>The question is, - Will that rebate be on the old set of parameters ... or
    >>the new set? Right now, there is conflicting information on SPCS's site,
    >>which I've emailed SPCS about.
    >
    >Do I understand this new program correctly: You are a
    >long-term customer whose phone has just failed, so you
    >activate an old phone as an immediate and temporary
    >solution and go looking for a suitable replacement.
    >You've basically screwed yourself, right?
    >
    >Rob

    That's not how it has worked for me at all. In the course of periodic
    network testing, I've activated different (previously activated)
    handsets at least 9 times over the past year, and the rebate clock has
    not yet budged.

    --
    Paul Miner

    They told me that it started over for the two phones I activated... I
    basically changed phones using ones I purchased myself so as to not void the
    18 month rebate plan but they said that when ever the esn changes that
    starts the clock over.

    Gary Rall

    In article <JaGAe.28570$Qo.26083@fed1read01>, garyrall@hotmail.com
    says...
    > They told me that it started over for the two phones I activated... I
    > basically changed phones using ones I purchased myself so as to not void the
    > 18 month rebate plan but they said that when ever the esn changes that
    > starts the clock over.
    >
    > Gary Rall

    They lied, and the Sprint Rebate site says so.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris

    O/Siris wrote:

    > They lied, and the Sprint Rebate site says so.

    I'm not any more convinced that that site is accurate, than I am that the
    CSRs are accurate. :)

    --
    JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

    "Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"

    The sprint rebate site says "with the same Sprint PCS Phone" so even
    though I purchased my own phone they are now not going to give me a rebate
    if I sign on for a new 2 year contract....

    Gary

    "O/Siris" <rØbjvargas@comcâst.nêt> wrote in message
    They lied, and the Sprint Rebate site says so.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <hbwBe.29723$Qo.15412@fed1read01>, garyrall@hotmail.com
    says...
    > The sprint rebate site says "with the same Sprint PCS Phone" so even
    > though I purchased my own phone they are now not going to give me a rebate
    > if I sign on for a new 2 year contract....

    If you look in the program details, it says you lose eligibility only if
    you activate a NEW phone. As in never activated.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris
    A thing moderately good
    is not so good as it ought to be.
    Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
    but moderation in principle is always a vice.
    +Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    when you go to http://pcshandsetupgrade.sprint.com/index.php
    in the top area it says "24 Consecutive months of service with the same
    Sprint PCS Phone:" at the bottom of the page it says
    "Customer's eligibility date is set upon activation of a new phone. "
    So since both statements are on the same page what am I to do.... the rep
    says "with the same phone" and will not give me a rebate...

    In article <hbwBe.29723$Qo.15412@fed1read01>, garyrall@hotmail.com
    says...
    > The sprint rebate site says "with the same Sprint PCS Phone" so even
    > though I purchased my own phone they are now not going to give me a rebate
    > if I sign on for a new 2 year contract....

    If you look in the program details, it says you lose eligibility only if
    you activate a NEW phone. As in never activated.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris
    -+-
    A thing moderately good
    is not so good as it ought to be.
    Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
    but moderation in principle is always a vice.
    +Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+

Sprint PCS Internet Service Providers