Sign in with
Your question

Pop up names

Last response: in Windows 7
June 28, 2012 8:02:08 PM

When I am in my inbox, names keep popping up on the tabs above and I have to click the X to get rid of them. Sometimes I do click the name and they want to add me to windows live messenger which I don't even have, so I can't remove it. Any ideas? I do keep blocking their names. But the names are all different. I get about 10 a day when I am emailing. Thanks.

More about : pop names

a b $ Windows 7
June 28, 2012 9:29:04 PM

sounds like your email address is being spammed. you could change to a new email address.
m
l
July 5, 2012 1:06:22 AM

I can't easily change to a new address, and I think it has somethng to do with yahoo messenger or facebook
m
l
Related resources
a c 371 $ Windows 7
July 5, 2012 8:17:20 PM

What program are you using for email? What "names" are you talking about? Are these requests to add things to your contacts?
m
l
July 8, 2012 12:38:48 AM

I am using yahoo. the names pop up at the top, if I click on them it will open up a window asking me if I would like to start a conversation with them. I keep delicing, but then a different person's name will pop up.
m
l
a c 371 $ Windows 7
July 9, 2012 3:03:05 PM

Is this instant messaging windows? Sounds like someone is just sending you requests, see if you can block them in the options. You should be able to add the addresses to a blocked list. You can try Yahoo support as well, they will be able to look at this a lot better than we can.
m
l
July 15, 2012 2:02:35 AM

Yahoo is worthless. I cannot block them because they don't give their full .com address, otherwise I could. The people are just sending requests, nothing wrong, just very annoying when it happens constantly.
m
l
!