LG 325 photo resolution question

How can I get this bad boy to take pictures in 640x480 resolution.
Regardless of what I set the settings to when I upload the pics they
always come out at very tiny resolutions.

What am I doing wrong?

On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 15:04:55 -0400, singha_lvr wrote:

> How can I get this bad boy to take pictures in 640x480 resolution.
> Regardless of what I set the settings to when I upload the pics they
> always come out at very tiny resolutions.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Do you mean they are too small when you view them in Picture Mail,
(pictures.sprintpcs.com) with a PC and browser?

Are you clicking "Large View", or "original image" in the Pictire Mail
webpage?

I just got a LG PM-325, and the upload resolutions are working OK for me.
You might be mistakenly just looking at the thumbnails and missing that
there are larger images there.

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 21:03:03 -0400, daveyDB wrote
(in article <pan.2005.07.10.01.02.02.867453@sprintmail.com>):

> Subject: Re: LG 325 photo resolution question
> From: daveyDB <daveyDB_helpme_nospam@sprintmail.com>
> Date: Yesterday 9:03 PM
> Newsgroups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs
>
> On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 15:04:55 -0400, singha_lvr wrote:
>

>> How can I get this bad boy to take pictures in 640x480 resolution.
>> Regardless of what I set the settings to when I upload the pics they
>> always come out at very tiny resolutions.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Do you mean they are too small when you view them in Picture Mail,
> (pictures.sprintpcs.com) with a PC and browser?
>
> Are you clicking "Large View", or "original image" in the Pictire Mail
> webpage?
>
> I just got a LG PM-325, and the upload resolutions are working OK for me.
> You might be mistakenly just looking at the thumbnails and missing that
> there are larger images there.

Even when I save them to the phone and then I look at "details" it shows the
wrong resolution. The upload resolutions come out equally small even in
"large view".

I'm starting to wonder if something is wrong with the phone.

Did you have to do anything special to get the larger resolution?

My Samsung A680's camera settings include a "digital zoom" setting that
simply crops out the outer pixels. You wind up with a picture that's
fewer pixels. However, if you close and restart the camera it returns
to no-zoom 640x480. Maybe your LG325's camera has something similar but
it's stuck on 'zoomed' to a lower resolution.

singha_lvr wrote:
> How can I get this bad boy to take pictures in 640x480 resolution.
> Regardless of what I set the settings to when I upload the pics they
> always come out at very tiny resolutions.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 04:29:57 GMT, Frank Harris
<frankbhX@XcompuserveX.com> wrote:

>I think MOE means the right-arrow side of the 4-way directional button.

Thanks for the clarrification.
(Since this is my wife's phone I only get it 'part-time' ... usually
when I'm trying to solve some technical issue for her.) <groan>