SprintPCS website updated - Price change on F&F Families

SprintPCS finally updated their webpage, however while browsing around, I
noticed that they changed the pricing on tiers of minute bundles on the Fair
& Flex 800 Minute Family Plan.

Its now showing minutes from 1201-2000 are 10$ per 200 minutes, whereas
before it was $5 for every 200.

I'm wondering if SPCS will keep existing customers on the previous pricing
tiers, or raise them as well.

boxermansr wrote:
> SprintPCS finally updated their webpage, however while browsing around, I
> noticed that they changed the pricing on tiers of minute bundles on the Fair
> & Flex 800 Minute Family Plan.
>
> Its now showing minutes from 1201-2000 are 10$ per 200 minutes, whereas
> before it was $5 for every 200.
>
> I'm wondering if SPCS will keep existing customers on the previous pricing
> tiers, or raise them as well.

In the past Sprint has not changed plans for customers already
grandfathered on an old plan, but who knows what they will do in
the future? They've just lost my trust by retroactively moving the
goal post for customers who had already become eligible for a
$150 handset rebate.

--
John Richards

"John Richards" <jr70@blackhole.invalid> wrote in message
> boxermansr wrote:
> > SprintPCS finally updated their webpage, however while browsing around,
> > noticed that they changed the pricing on tiers of minute bundles on the
Fair
> > & Flex 800 Minute Family Plan.
> >
> > Its now showing minutes from 1201-2000 are 10$ per 200 minutes, whereas
> > before it was $5 for every 200.
> >
> > I'm wondering if SPCS will keep existing customers on the previous
pricing
> > tiers, or raise them as well.
>
> In the past Sprint has not changed plans for customers already
> grandfathered on an old plan, but who knows what they will do in
> the future? They've just lost my trust by retroactively moving the
> goal post for customers who had already become eligible for a
> $150 handset rebate.
>
> --
> John Richards

I'm not trying to make any excuses for SPCS, but you know, that could be a
software glitch, that hasn't been fixed yet.

Bob

Bob Smith wrote:
> "John Richards" <jr70@blackhole.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>> In the past Sprint has not changed plans for customers already
>> grandfathered on an old plan, but who knows what they will do in
>> the future? They've just lost my trust by retroactively moving the
>> goal post for customers who had already become eligible for a
>> $150 handset rebate.
>>
>> --
>> John Richards
>
> I'm not trying to make any excuses for SPCS, but you know, that could be a
> software glitch, that hasn't been fixed yet.
>
> Bob

One can hope, but I was told by a Sprint CSR, in writing, that it was the
new blanket policy for *all* customers who want a phone rebate.

--

> Bob Smith wrote:
> > "John Richards" <jr70@blackhole.invalid> wrote in message
> >>
> >> In the past Sprint has not changed plans for customers already
> >> grandfathered on an old plan, but who knows what they will do in
> >> the future? They've just lost my trust by retroactively moving the
> >> goal post for customers who had already become eligible for a
> >> $150 handset rebate.
> >>
> >> --
> >> John Richards
> >
> > I'm not trying to make any excuses for SPCS, but you know, that could be
> > software glitch, that hasn't been fixed yet.
> >
> > Bob
>
> One can hope, but I was told by a Sprint CSR, in writing, that it was the
> new blanket policy for *all* customers who want a phone rebate.
>
> --
> John Richards

Yea, I can believe that, but only after they looked at the dates listed on
the computer screen. Because of their prior history in grandfathering in
plans, I can't believe they would just randomly decide to change horses
midstream in changing the parameters on what time period qualifies for a
phone rebate.

Bob

"John Richards" <jr70@blackhole.invalid> wrote in message
> Bob Smith wrote:
> > "John Richards" <jr70@blackhole.invalid> wrote in message
> >>
> >> In the past Sprint has not changed plans for customers already
> >> grandfathered on an old plan, but who knows what they will do in
> >> the future? They've just lost my trust by retroactively moving the
> >> goal post for customers who had already become eligible for a
> >> $150 handset rebate.
> >>
> >> --
> >> John Richards
> >
> > I'm not trying to make any excuses for SPCS, but you know, that could be
> > software glitch, that hasn't been fixed yet.
> >
> > Bob
>
> One can hope, but I was told by a Sprint CSR, in writing, that it was the
> new blanket policy for *all* customers who want a phone rebate.
>
> --
> John Richards

John, I see that SPCS has updated their phone rebate verbiage and has added
the following statement - " If you activated your current Sprint PCS Phone
prior to July 7, 2005, and it's been in service between 12 and 23
consecutive months, you may also be eligible to receive an additional
mail-in rebate of up to $75 on select new Sprint PCS Phones in Sprint Stores
when you sign up for a two-year Sprint PCS Advantage Agreement. "

It also has this little ditty - Depending on how long you've had service
and your type of contract with Sprint, you may be eligible for up to $150 in
*instant savings* on a wide variety of Sprint PCS Phones in Sprint Stores: "
(* * are my addition around the instant savings comments).

Bob

The bill I just got on july 06 still shows the old billing $5/200 after
1200. And since that's the contract I signed up under it better stay that
way otherwise what was the point in signing up for it?