Interfacing EWS88MT SPDIF output interface with Tascam DA-..

Last response: in Home Audio
April 11, 2005 5:20:49 PM

Straightforward question for someone: Can I output my Cubase SX tracks
out the Terratec EWS88MT SPDIF interface directly into the digital
input of my Tascam DA-20 MKII master? Equally, what about DAT output to
SPDIF in?

The front panel of the DAT seems to see a digital signal when patched
in, and I have output on my meters on the EWS mixer window - but nada
on the Tascam? I get output to the DAT from the analog side and can
record just fine, but would like to utilize the digital as its there.
Any ideas?

Thanks,

SC.
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 2:01:46 AM

"sccook" <sccook@att.com> wrote

> The front panel of the DAT seems to see a digital signal when patched
> in, and I have output on my meters on the EWS mixer window - but nada
> on the Tascam? I get output to the DAT from the analog side and can
> record just fine, but would like to utilize the digital as its there.
> Any ideas?

I'd look into the sound card settings and try a different digital device
input to see it the problem is with your DAT or sound card.

Julian
!