WTB: M-Audio DiO 2448 with drivers for Win-9xxx

Last response: in Home Audio
a b \ Driver
April 12, 2005 8:13:28 AM

ISA or PCI Must have driver disc for Windows 98

Reply here or remove NOSPA from posting address to respond directly,
or e-mail from website with asking price.

Would consider small dynamic microphone trade if interested.

Thanks...

--
David Morgan (MAMS)
http://www.m-a-m-s DOT com

David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:

> ISA or PCI

There was only one M-Audio DIO 2448, and it was PCI.

>Must have driver disc for Windows 98

You can download them from

http://www.midiman.net/index.php?do=support.drivers

Also, the DIO2448 was based on a C-Media chip whose number I forget
but is on the chip on the DIO 2448 board. The C-Media drivers for that
chip have always worked for me with the DIO 2448, and vice-versa.

The part number CMI 9738 comes to mind:

http://www.cmedia.com.tw/download/OS_e-cmi9738_index.ht...

The DIO 2448 was pretty much a rehash of the C-Media reference design
for this chip. There were a number of other OEM versions of cards
based on the same chip that performed about the same.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
April 12, 2005 8:39:42 PM

Very nice. Thanks Arny. I was eorried that I's have to spend more time
than I wanted to singing up for passwords to the driver sites and maybe
never find them. I'd like to put the card in a computer for the church and
I'm reformatted and stripped down to the bare bones with nothing internet.

OK... Anybody have an old DiO 2448 PCI card they wanna' let go of ??

DM

"Arny Krueger" <arnyk@hotpop.com> wrote in message news:svqdnf-wUYpTMcbfRVn-uQ@comcast.com...
> David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:
>
> > ISA or PCI
>
> There was only one M-Audio DIO 2448, and it was PCI.
>
> >Must have driver disc for Windows 98
>
> You can download them from
>
> http://www.midiman.net/index.php?do=support.drivers
>

> Also, the DIO2448 was based on a C-Media chip whose number I forget
> but is on the chip on the DIO 2448 board. The C-Media drivers for that
> chip have always worked for me with the DIO 2448, and vice-versa.
>
> The part number CMI 9738 comes to mind:
>
> http://www.cmedia.com.tw/download/OS_e-cmi9738_index.ht...
>
> The DIO 2448 was pretty much a rehash of the C-Media reference design
> for this chip. There were a number of other OEM versions of cards
> based on the same chip that performed about the same.

April 13, 2005 12:18:02 AM

David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:
> OK... Anybody have an old DiO 2448 PCI card they wanna' let go of ??

Do you need to have the optical S/PDIF? If not, why not just buy a new
Audiophile 24/96 card, it has coaxial S/PDIF and analog I/O. I think
they're only about $99.

--
Eric

Practice Your Mixing Skills
www.Raw-Tracks.com
www.Mad-Host.com
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
April 13, 2005 10:13:11 AM

EricK wrote:
> David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:
>> OK... Anybody have an old DiO 2448 PCI card they wanna' let go of
??

> Do you need to have the optical S/PDIF? If not, why not just buy a
new
> Audiophile 24/96 card, it has coaxial S/PDIF and analog I/O. I think
> they're only about $99.

Owning both and using them in the same time frame, I'd much rather
have to work with an AP 2496 or any of the Delta line, than a DIO
2448. The digital input on the 2448 was kinda sticky.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
April 14, 2005 3:14:26 AM

"Arny Krueger" <arnyk@hotpop.com> wrote in message news:EqqdnckUb_wpbcHfRVn-iA@comcast.com...
> EricK wrote:
> > David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:
> >> OK... Anybody have an old DiO 2448 PCI card they wanna' let go of
> ??
> >>

> > Do you need to have the optical S/PDIF? If not, why not just buy a
> new
> > Audiophile 24/96 card, it has coaxial S/PDIF and analog I/O. I think
> > they're only about $99.

I'll be loading at 16/44... this is for my church box and we need to slam
out CDs immediately after the service. The old card flaked and I'm not
giving them the one that's on my internet surfing toy. <g>

At that price, maybe I should check in to it... but this is for the church
and there's no existing budget since all of the computer gear was
originally donated. The budget was eaten up on software. If the
analog I/O is phono jacks, this should work.

> Owning both and using them in the same time frame, I'd much rather
> have to work with an AP 2496 or any of the Delta line, than a DIO
> 2448. The digital input on the 2448 was kinda sticky.

I used the coaxial SPDIF (at home and church) and never noticed a
hiccup, and I really like the phono jack analogue outs for monitoring
in both of those situations.

DM
!