Sign in with
Your question

Install windows 7 from USB

Last response: in Windows 7
June 29, 2012 9:30:43 AM

Hi! I have recently built my own computer. The only thing i was missing was an OS. I downloaded Windows 7 home premium 64 bit(from microsoft's partner Digital River). I took the ISO file onto my USB stick and tried to plug it in to my new computer. It did not work, which was logical. Then i used "Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool" from Microsoft, to make the usb bootable and the ISO. when it was done, i tried to plug the USB stick into my new computer, sadly it did not work.

Then i tried to install the OS on a virtual machine "Oracle virtual box". I mounted the ISO file to the DVD drive on my laptop. Then i opened up virtual box to install the OS. It worked! I do not know why i does not work when i try to install it from the usb stick on my new computer.
Can anybody help me, please?

Thank you very much!

Sirencly Kristian from Norway

Please ask if there is something you do not understand! I'm sorry about my English

More about : install windows usb

a b $ Windows 7
June 29, 2012 9:52:18 AM

Try this
http://johnpapa.net/BootFromUSB

Though if your USB worked on your laptop it should work on your PC! Perhaps a different setup will do the trick. What Motherboard do you have on your new build?
m
l
June 29, 2012 10:10:18 AM

From the sounds of it, you don't have your computer set to boot from USB device. Either go into BIOS and configure it to boot from USB first or use the boot menu selection (f8, f12, something.. depending upon the motherboard).
m
l
Related resources
June 29, 2012 6:51:41 PM

I got the ASUS P8Z77-V LE Z77 S-1155 ATX IVY . I have set the bios to boot on the USB drive, so i will try the steps on the link. Thanks.
m
l
June 30, 2012 7:49:43 AM

Hello I don't no if IM in the right place and sorry for not adding to the previous topic.
My friend has been given a laptop with pirate w7u by his dad and it has had a new hard drive fitted so without saying the recovery partition is gone! Although it still has its original s/n for windows 7 starter I also have the same laptop and was wondering was there a way I could copy over the recovery and then use his s/n ? Any help would be very appreciated
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 30, 2012 8:11:00 AM

pawsowth321 said:
Hello I don't no if IM in the right place and sorry for not adding to the previous topic.
My friend has been given a laptop with pirate w7u by his dad and it has had a new hard drive fitted so without saying the recovery partition is gone! Although it still has its original s/n for windows 7 starter I also have the same laptop and was wondering was there a way I could copy over the recovery and then use his s/n ? Any help would be very appreciated

Probably should have created a new thread... Try Clonezilla
http://download.cnet.com/Clonezilla/3000-2094_4-1097667...
m
l
June 30, 2012 2:52:32 PM

Thanks, guys! i've fixed it now!
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 30, 2012 10:25:53 PM

Great! What was the problem??
m
l
March 3, 2013 1:01:13 AM

Yeah. What was the problem? Incase the same thing happens to me.
m
l
!