digital roaming

Last response: in Network Providers
July 20, 2005 7:05:28 PM

Anyone tell me why it is that with my wife's phone in ND she'll get the
digital roaming off of verizon yet my phone kicks straight over to analog, I
cannot even force to go to digital roam, what's the deal?

Capt.

More about : digital roaming

Anonymous
July 21, 2005 12:32:41 AM

"Capn" <capn@charter.net> wrote in message
> Anyone tell me why it is that with my wife's phone in ND she'll get the
> digital roaming off of verizon yet my phone kicks straight over to analog,
> cannot even force to go to digital roam, what's the deal?
>
> Capt.

Hmm, do both phones have the same PRL loaded up?

Bob
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 12:32:42 AM

Bob Smith wrote:

> Hmm, do both phones have the same PRL loaded up?

Ironically, I called Sprint last night to ask a question related to my
sprint-to-tm port, and before I could get Claire II to actually route my
call, she told me to hold on while she downloaded a software update to my
phone. Since my phone is older and I know it doesn't do OTA firmware
updates, I knew it had to be a new PRL.

Oddly, I didn't call Sprint and specifically ask them to flag my phone for a
PRL update.

Company website: http://JustThe.net/
E: sjsobol@JustThe.net Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307
July 21, 2005 12:41:30 AM

"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> "Capn" <capn@charter.net> wrote in message
> > Anyone tell me why it is that with my wife's phone in ND she'll get the
> > digital roaming off of verizon yet my phone kicks straight over to
analog,
> > cannot even force to go to digital roam, what's the deal?
> >
> > Capt.
>
> Hmm, do both phones have the same PRL loaded up?
>
> Bob

One more thing, which phone models do you and the wife have?

Bob
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 12:41:31 AM

yes for the prl's and she has a sanyo 4920, mine is a sanyo 7300.

> "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Capn" <capn@charter.net> wrote in message
>> > Anyone tell me why it is that with my wife's phone in ND she'll get the
>> > digital roaming off of verizon yet my phone kicks straight over to
> analog,
>> > cannot even force to go to digital roam, what's the deal?
>> >
>> > Capt.
>>
>> Hmm, do both phones have the same PRL loaded up?
>>
>> Bob
>
> One more thing, which phone models do you and the wife have?
>
> Bob

July 28, 2005 5:35:43 PM

Steve Sobol wrote:
> Bob Smith wrote:
>
>> Hmm, do both phones have the same PRL loaded up?
>

> Ironically, I called Sprint last night to ask a question related to my
> sprint-to-tm port, and before I could get Claire II to actually route my
> call, she told me to hold on while she downloaded a software update to
> my phone. Since my phone is older and I know it doesn't do OTA firmware
> updates, I knew it had to be a new PRL.
>
> Oddly, I didn't call Sprint and specifically ask them to flag my phone
> for a PRL update.

Claire ignores my verbal requests to update PRL. Also, both *2 and *4
audio has been very loud and distorted for months. They are hard to
understand. I would call somebody, but I'm sure it would be a waste of
my time.
!