50% roaming rule dropped on roaming plans

Just an FYI, Sprint no longer enforces a rule where 50% of your off
network minutes had to be on the Sprint network. :)
19 answers Last reply
More about roaming rule dropped roaming plans

    In article <1121963102.923937.110000@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    larryt510@hotmail.com says...
    > Just an FYI, Sprint no longer enforces a rule where 50% of your off
    > network minutes had to be on the Sprint network. :)

    That's not what the Terms & Conditions say:

    "Roaming Included Plans. Not avai'l with single-band or digital mode
    only phones, or to customers residing in an area not covered by the
    Sprint Nationwide PCS Network. Sprint may terminate service if a
    majority of minutes in a given month are used while roaming off the
    Sprint Nationwide PCS Network."

    http://www.sprintpcs.com/common/popups/popLegalTermsPrivacy.html

    What Sprint does is, if they see it happen once, you get a letter
    reminding you of the 50% "rule". If you do it a second time within
    three months, they remove the "America" roaming option.

    They will also remove it if they catch a pattern of exceeding this
    limitation.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris

    I'm looking at the new rate plan brochure dated 7/05 and there is no
    longer any mention of a 50% rule. Even when the so called rule
    exsisted I have yet to hear of anyone who actually had their roaming
    taken away from them. This has been discussed on other wireless forums
    as well.

    In article <1122103357.490708.291090@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    larryt510@hotmail.com says...
    > I'm looking at the new rate plan brochure dated 7/05 and there is no
    > longer any mention of a 50% rule. Even when the so called rule
    > exsisted I have yet to hear of anyone who actually had their roaming
    > taken away from them. This has been discussed on other wireless forums
    > as well.

    You can discuss it on all the forums you wish. I provided you a quote
    *and* a link to Sprint PCS' own Terms & Conditions.

    It's still there.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris
    A thing moderately good
    is not so good as it ought to be.
    Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
    but moderation in principle is always a vice.
    +Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+

    I suspect they simply haven't changed that on their web site yet. The
    web site seems to lag much of the time. Of course they're still going
    to put something in the fine print just to protect themselves against
    chronic roamers if they need to but the 50% rule is phasing out and no
    longer enforced.

    Smiling Wickedly, O/Siris answered:
    > In article <1121963102.923937.110000@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    > larryt510@hotmail.com says...
    >
    >>Just an FYI, Sprint no longer enforces a rule where 50% of your off
    >>network minutes had to be on the Sprint network. :)
    >>

    > That's not what the Terms & Conditions say:
    >
    > "Roaming Included Plans. Not avai'l with single-band or digital mode
    > only phones, or to customers residing in an area not covered by the
    > Sprint Nationwide PCS Network. Sprint may terminate service if a
    > majority of minutes in a given month are used while roaming off the
    > Sprint Nationwide PCS Network."
    >
    > http://www.sprintpcs.com/common/popups/popLegalTermsPrivacy.html
    >
    > What Sprint does is, if they see it happen once, you get a letter
    > reminding you of the 50% "rule". If you do it a second time within
    > three months, they remove the "America" roaming option.
    >
    > They will also remove it if they catch a pattern of exceeding this
    > limitation.

    I have a F&C account, and have not been on contract for OVER a year.
    Can I add this option to my account and NOT have to re-up for my
    contract? Can I do this online?

    --
    *..· ´¨¨))
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

    "Michael Arends" <mlarends@NODAMNSPAMearthlink.net> wrote in message
    > Smiling Wickedly, O/Siris answered:
    > > In article <1121963102.923937.110000@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    > > larryt510@hotmail.com says...
    > >
    > >>Just an FYI, Sprint no longer enforces a rule where 50% of your off
    > >>network minutes had to be on the Sprint network. :)
    > >>

    > > That's not what the Terms & Conditions say:
    > >
    > > "Roaming Included Plans. Not avai'l with single-band or digital mode
    > > only phones, or to customers residing in an area not covered by the
    > > Sprint Nationwide PCS Network. Sprint may terminate service if a
    > > majority of minutes in a given month are used while roaming off the
    > > Sprint Nationwide PCS Network."
    > >
    > > http://www.sprintpcs.com/common/popups/popLegalTermsPrivacy.html
    > >
    > > What Sprint does is, if they see it happen once, you get a letter
    > > reminding you of the 50% "rule". If you do it a second time within
    > > three months, they remove the "America" roaming option.
    > >
    > > They will also remove it if they catch a pattern of exceeding this
    > > limitation.
    > >

    > I have a F&C account, and have not been on contract for OVER a year.
    > Can I add this option to my account and NOT have to re-up for my
    > contract? Can I do this online?

    That's probably doable Michael. I don't recall where there is any
    requirements or additional obligations to add that option to your plan. Only
    thing that would stop it, is if your plan is no longer listed in the system.

    Bob

    In article <BzbFe.4261$0C.3874@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    mlarends@NODAMNSPAMearthlink.net says...
    > I have a F&C account, and have not been on contract for OVER a year.
    > Can I add this option to my account and NOT have to re-up for my
    > contract? Can I do this online?

    The "America" option does *not* require a contract renewal. I haven't
    read Bob's post. He probably beat me to that.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris
    A thing moderately good
    is not so good as it ought to be.
    Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
    but moderation in principle is always a vice.
    +Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+

    In article <1122103357.490708.291090@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    larryt510@hotmail.com says...
    > I'm looking at the new rate plan brochure dated 7/05 and there is no
    > longer any mention of a 50% rule.

    I'm holding the "Sprint PCS Service Plans Guide" with the same date.
    Chicago area, where I'm at. It's in the Terms & Conditions, page 14.
    Last paragraph on that page, in both bold and italics.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris
    A thing moderately good
    is not so good as it ought to be.
    Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
    but moderation in principle is always a vice.
    +Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Yes after reading the brochure more carefully I did see something in
    the fine print that says a majority of minutes have to be used on
    Sprint's network. But I still believe the moderator on sprintusers.com
    who says he attended a Sprint company meeting in Kansas City and Sprint
    themselves said the 50% rule is being phased out. Why would he make
    this up?
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    I suspect that the brochures were printed up before the 50% rule was
    dropped. The latest brochures are dated Jul05 but they were actually
    printed up back in June. The web site is usually outdated so I
    wouldn't go by what's on there.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    This is what the website now says about roaming:

    Roaming Coverage. You are roaming anytime your phone indicates that you are
    roaming. Roaming coverage is only available with certain devices and, unless
    included as part of your Services, will result in additional charges.
    Roaming calls placed "manually" (through an operator or with a credit card)
    will always incur separate and additional charges. Depending on your phone
    settings, you may automatically roam if there is a gap or interruption in
    coverage within the Sprint Nationwide PCS Network coverage area and roaming
    coverage areas. See your phone guide for how to adjust phone settings.
    Certain features and services may not be available in roaming coverage areas
    (including PCS Vision, voicemail, call waiting, call forwarding, etc.

    Nothing mentioned about the America roaming option being kept under 50%.

    Chris

    "O/Siris" <rØbjvargas@comcâst.nêt> wrote in message
    In article <1122103357.490708.291090@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    larryt510@hotmail.com says...
    > I'm looking at the new rate plan brochure dated 7/05 and there is no
    > longer any mention of a 50% rule.

    I'm holding the "Sprint PCS Service Plans Guide" with the same date.
    Chicago area, where I'm at. It's in the Terms & Conditions, page 14.
    Last paragraph on that page, in both bold and italics.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris
    -+-
    A thing moderately good
    is not so good as it ought to be.
    Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
    but moderation in principle is always a vice.
    +Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Yup, I think that the old condition regarding note exceeding 50 percent of
    the minutes is gone.

    "Chris Russell" <chris.russell1951@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > This is what the website now says about roaming:
    >
    > Roaming Coverage. You are roaming anytime your phone indicates that you
    > are roaming. Roaming coverage is only available with certain devices and,
    > unless included as part of your Services, will result in additional
    > charges. Roaming calls placed "manually" (through an operator or with a
    > credit card) will always incur separate and additional charges. Depending
    > on your phone settings, you may automatically roam if there is a gap or
    > interruption in coverage within the Sprint Nationwide PCS Network coverage
    > area and roaming coverage areas. See your phone guide for how to adjust
    > phone settings. Certain features and services may not be available in
    > roaming coverage areas (including PCS Vision, voicemail, call waiting,
    > call forwarding, etc.
    >
    > Nothing mentioned about the America roaming option being kept under 50%.
    >
    > Chris
    >

    > "O/Siris" <rØbjvargas@comcâst.nêt> wrote in message
    > In article <1122103357.490708.291090@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    > larryt510@hotmail.com says...
    >> I'm looking at the new rate plan brochure dated 7/05 and there is no
    >> longer any mention of a 50% rule.
    >>

    > I'm holding the "Sprint PCS Service Plans Guide" with the same date.
    > Chicago area, where I'm at. It's in the Terms & Conditions, page 14.
    > Last paragraph on that page, in both bold and italics.
    >
    > --
    > RØß
    > O/Siris
    > -+-
    > A thing moderately good
    > is not so good as it ought to be.
    > Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
    > but moderation in principle is always a vice.
    > +Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+

  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    But as I posted yesterday, the 50% usage max is gone from the roaming
    paragraph on the web terms of service.

    Chris

    <larryt510@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I suspect that the brochures were printed up before the 50% rule was
    > dropped. The latest brochures are dated Jul05 but they were actually
    > printed up back in June. The web site is usually outdated so I
    > wouldn't go by what's on there.

  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <qUUFe.189$T64.140@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com>,
    chris.russell1951@sbcglobal.net says...
    > This is what the website now says about roaming:
    >
    > Roaming Coverage.

    Wrong section:

    Roaming Included Plans. Not avai'l with single-band or digital mode only
    phones, or to customers residing in an area not covered by the Sprint
    Nationwide PCS Network. ***Sprint may terminate service if a majority of
    minutes in a given month are used while roaming off the Sprint
    Nationwide PCS Network.*** International calling including in Canada &
    Mexico, not included. Usage in Expanded Voice Coverage areas may, in
    some instances, be invoiced after 30-60 days. When calling from Expanded
    Voice Coverage Areas: (a) PCS Vision and PCS to PCS calling services are
    not avai'l; and (b) certain calling features (Voicemail, Caller I.D.,
    Call Waiting, etc.) may not work.

    http://www.sprintpcs.com/common/popups/popLegalTermsPrivacy.html

    See the part I highlighted between triple asterisks above?

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris
    A thing moderately good
    is not so good as it ought to be.
    Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
    but moderation in principle is always a vice.
    +Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+
  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <1122450064.362513.282300@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    larryt510@hotmail.com says...
    > But I still believe the moderator on sprintusers.com
    > who says he attended a Sprint company meeting in Kansas City and Sprint
    > themselves said the 50% rule is being phased out. Why would he make
    > this up?

    You can believe a person, or you can believe what's in black and white
    writing. Do you know which one would hold up in court?

    I have no reason to think that moderator is making it up. But that
    doesn't mean he's correct.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris
    A thing moderately good
    is not so good as it ought to be.
    Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
    but moderation in principle is always a vice.
    +Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+
  16. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <1122516525.618803.314520@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    larryt510@hotmail.com says...
    > I suspect that the brochures were printed up before the 50% rule was
    > dropped. The latest brochures are dated Jul05 but they were actually
    > printed up back in June. The web site is usually outdated so I
    > wouldn't go by what's on there.

    Those brochures *exclude* Free & Clear as a national plan option, so
    they follow the other changes that went into effect in July. And, as
    I've already pointed out, the 50% rule is *still there*.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris
    A thing moderately good
    is not so good as it ought to be.
    Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
    but moderation in principle is always a vice.
    +Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+
  17. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <csaGe.356$FU6.22@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com>,
    chris.russell1951@sbcglobal.net says...
    > But as I posted yesterday, the 50% usage max is gone from the roaming
    > paragraph on the web terms of service.
    >
    > Chris

    Except that it was the wrong paragraph. That's a generic discussion of
    what is and isn't roaming. There's another covering "Roaming Included
    Plans", and that's where the 50% rule is at.

    http://www.sprintpcs.com/common/popups/popLegalTermsPrivacy.html

    Not even 1/4 of the way down the terms. The "Roaming Coverage"
    paragraph is like 10 paragraphs later, almost halfway down the Terms
    page.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris
    A thing moderately good
    is not so good as it ought to be.
    Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
    but moderation in principle is always a vice.
    +Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+
  18. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Ooops!

    In article <csaGe.356$FU6.22@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com>,
    chris.russell1951@sbcglobal.net says...
    > But as I posted yesterday, the 50% usage max is gone from the roaming
    > paragraph on the web terms of service.
    >
    > Chris

    Except that it was the wrong paragraph. That's a generic discussion of
    what is and isn't roaming. There's another covering "Roaming Included
    Plans", and that's where the 50% rule is at.

    http://www.sprintpcs.com/common/popups/popLegalTermsPrivacy.html

    Not even 1/4 of the way down the terms. The "Roaming Coverage"
    paragraph is like 10 paragraphs later, almost halfway down the Terms
    page.

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris
    -+-
    A thing moderately good
    is not so good as it ought to be.
    Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
    but moderation in principle is always a vice.
    +Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+
  19. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <4DwGe.2327$gt5.236@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com>,
    chris.russell1951@sbcglobal.net says...
    > Ooops!
    >
    > Chris

    It isn't the first time those "clear and concise" Terms tripped someone
    up, Chris. :)

    --
    RØß
    O/Siris
    A thing moderately good
    is not so good as it ought to be.
    Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
    but moderation in principle is always a vice.
    +Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+

Sprint PCS Internet Service Providers