Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

50% roaming rule dropped on roaming plans

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 1:25:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Just an FYI, Sprint no longer enforces a rule where 50% of your off
network minutes had to be on the Sprint network. :) 
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 4:14:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <1121963102.923937.110000@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
larryt510@hotmail.com says...
> Just an FYI, Sprint no longer enforces a rule where 50% of your off
> network minutes had to be on the Sprint network. :) 
>
>

That's not what the Terms & Conditions say:

"Roaming Included Plans. Not avai'l with single-band or digital mode
only phones, or to customers residing in an area not covered by the
Sprint Nationwide PCS Network. Sprint may terminate service if a
majority of minutes in a given month are used while roaming off the
Sprint Nationwide PCS Network."

http://www.sprintpcs.com/common/popups/popLegalTermsPri...

What Sprint does is, if they see it happen once, you get a letter
reminding you of the 50% "rule". If you do it a second time within
three months, they remove the "America" roaming option.

They will also remove it if they catch a pattern of exceeding this
limitation.

--
RØß
O/Siris
-+-
A thing moderately good
is not so good as it ought to be.
Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
but moderation in principle is always a vice.
+Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 4:22:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

I'm looking at the new rate plan brochure dated 7/05 and there is no
longer any mention of a 50% rule. Even when the so called rule
exsisted I have yet to hear of anyone who actually had their roaming
taken away from them. This has been discussed on other wireless forums
as well.
Related resources
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 7:18:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <1122103357.490708.291090@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
larryt510@hotmail.com says...
> I'm looking at the new rate plan brochure dated 7/05 and there is no
> longer any mention of a 50% rule. Even when the so called rule
> exsisted I have yet to hear of anyone who actually had their roaming
> taken away from them. This has been discussed on other wireless forums
> as well.
>

You can discuss it on all the forums you wish. I provided you a quote
*and* a link to Sprint PCS' own Terms & Conditions.

It's still there.

--
RØß
O/Siris
-+-
A thing moderately good
is not so good as it ought to be.
Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
but moderation in principle is always a vice.
+Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 2:57:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

I suspect they simply haven't changed that on their web site yet. The
web site seems to lag much of the time. Of course they're still going
to put something in the fine print just to protect themselves against
chronic roamers if they need to but the 50% rule is phasing out and no
longer enforced.
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 12:02:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Smiling Wickedly, O/Siris answered:
> In article <1121963102.923937.110000@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
> larryt510@hotmail.com says...
>
>>Just an FYI, Sprint no longer enforces a rule where 50% of your off
>>network minutes had to be on the Sprint network. :) 
>>
>>
>
>
> That's not what the Terms & Conditions say:
>
> "Roaming Included Plans. Not avai'l with single-band or digital mode
> only phones, or to customers residing in an area not covered by the
> Sprint Nationwide PCS Network. Sprint may terminate service if a
> majority of minutes in a given month are used while roaming off the
> Sprint Nationwide PCS Network."
>
> http://www.sprintpcs.com/common/popups/popLegalTermsPri...
>
> What Sprint does is, if they see it happen once, you get a letter
> reminding you of the 50% "rule". If you do it a second time within
> three months, they remove the "America" roaming option.
>
> They will also remove it if they catch a pattern of exceeding this
> limitation.
>

I have a F&C account, and have not been on contract for OVER a year.
Can I add this option to my account and NOT have to re-up for my
contract? Can I do this online?

--
*..· ´¨¨))
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´-:¦:-((¸¸.·´(º·.¸(¨*·.¸ ¸.·*¨)¸.·º)
«.·°·. Michael .·°·-:¦:-
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 12:21:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Michael Arends" <mlarends@NODAMNSPAMearthlink.net> wrote in message
news:BzbFe.4261$0C.3874@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> Smiling Wickedly, O/Siris answered:
> > In article <1121963102.923937.110000@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
> > larryt510@hotmail.com says...
> >
> >>Just an FYI, Sprint no longer enforces a rule where 50% of your off
> >>network minutes had to be on the Sprint network. :) 
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
> > That's not what the Terms & Conditions say:
> >
> > "Roaming Included Plans. Not avai'l with single-band or digital mode
> > only phones, or to customers residing in an area not covered by the
> > Sprint Nationwide PCS Network. Sprint may terminate service if a
> > majority of minutes in a given month are used while roaming off the
> > Sprint Nationwide PCS Network."
> >
> > http://www.sprintpcs.com/common/popups/popLegalTermsPri...
> >
> > What Sprint does is, if they see it happen once, you get a letter
> > reminding you of the 50% "rule". If you do it a second time within
> > three months, they remove the "America" roaming option.
> >
> > They will also remove it if they catch a pattern of exceeding this
> > limitation.
> >
>
> I have a F&C account, and have not been on contract for OVER a year.
> Can I add this option to my account and NOT have to re-up for my
> contract? Can I do this online?

That's probably doable Michael. I don't recall where there is any
requirements or additional obligations to add that option to your plan. Only
thing that would stop it, is if your plan is no longer listed in the system.

Bob
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 2:36:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <BzbFe.4261$0C.3874@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
mlarends@NODAMNSPAMearthlink.net says...
> I have a F&C account, and have not been on contract for OVER a year.
> Can I add this option to my account and NOT have to re-up for my
> contract? Can I do this online?
>

The "America" option does *not* require a contract renewal. I haven't
read Bob's post. He probably beat me to that.

--
RØß
O/Siris
-+-
A thing moderately good
is not so good as it ought to be.
Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
but moderation in principle is always a vice.
+Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 2:38:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <1122103357.490708.291090@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
larryt510@hotmail.com says...
> I'm looking at the new rate plan brochure dated 7/05 and there is no
> longer any mention of a 50% rule.
>

I'm holding the "Sprint PCS Service Plans Guide" with the same date.
Chicago area, where I'm at. It's in the Terms & Conditions, page 14.
Last paragraph on that page, in both bold and italics.

--
RØß
O/Siris
-+-
A thing moderately good
is not so good as it ought to be.
Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
but moderation in principle is always a vice.
+Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 4:41:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Yes after reading the brochure more carefully I did see something in
the fine print that says a majority of minutes have to be used on
Sprint's network. But I still believe the moderator on sprintusers.com
who says he attended a Sprint company meeting in Kansas City and Sprint
themselves said the 50% rule is being phased out. Why would he make
this up?
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 11:08:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

I suspect that the brochures were printed up before the 50% rule was
dropped. The latest brochures are dated Jul05 but they were actually
printed up back in June. The web site is usually outdated so I
wouldn't go by what's on there.
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 3:36:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

This is what the website now says about roaming:

Roaming Coverage. You are roaming anytime your phone indicates that you are
roaming. Roaming coverage is only available with certain devices and, unless
included as part of your Services, will result in additional charges.
Roaming calls placed "manually" (through an operator or with a credit card)
will always incur separate and additional charges. Depending on your phone
settings, you may automatically roam if there is a gap or interruption in
coverage within the Sprint Nationwide PCS Network coverage area and roaming
coverage areas. See your phone guide for how to adjust phone settings.
Certain features and services may not be available in roaming coverage areas
(including PCS Vision, voicemail, call waiting, call forwarding, etc.

Nothing mentioned about the America roaming option being kept under 50%.

Chris


"O/Siris" <rØbjvargas@comcâst.nêt> wrote in message
news:MPG.1d50bdab4175da9989722@newsgroups.comcast.net...
In article <1122103357.490708.291090@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
larryt510@hotmail.com says...
> I'm looking at the new rate plan brochure dated 7/05 and there is no
> longer any mention of a 50% rule.
>

I'm holding the "Sprint PCS Service Plans Guide" with the same date.
Chicago area, where I'm at. It's in the Terms & Conditions, page 14.
Last paragraph on that page, in both bold and italics.

--
RØß
O/Siris
-+-
A thing moderately good
is not so good as it ought to be.
Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
but moderation in principle is always a vice.
+Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 3:36:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Yup, I think that the old condition regarding note exceeding 50 percent of
the minutes is gone.



"Chris Russell" <chris.russell1951@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:qUUFe.189$T64.140@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com...
> This is what the website now says about roaming:
>
> Roaming Coverage. You are roaming anytime your phone indicates that you
> are roaming. Roaming coverage is only available with certain devices and,
> unless included as part of your Services, will result in additional
> charges. Roaming calls placed "manually" (through an operator or with a
> credit card) will always incur separate and additional charges. Depending
> on your phone settings, you may automatically roam if there is a gap or
> interruption in coverage within the Sprint Nationwide PCS Network coverage
> area and roaming coverage areas. See your phone guide for how to adjust
> phone settings. Certain features and services may not be available in
> roaming coverage areas (including PCS Vision, voicemail, call waiting,
> call forwarding, etc.
>
> Nothing mentioned about the America roaming option being kept under 50%.
>
> Chris
>
>
> "O/Siris" <rØbjvargas@comcâst.nêt> wrote in message
> news:MPG.1d50bdab4175da9989722@newsgroups.comcast.net...
> In article <1122103357.490708.291090@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> larryt510@hotmail.com says...
>> I'm looking at the new rate plan brochure dated 7/05 and there is no
>> longer any mention of a 50% rule.
>>
>
> I'm holding the "Sprint PCS Service Plans Guide" with the same date.
> Chicago area, where I'm at. It's in the Terms & Conditions, page 14.
> Last paragraph on that page, in both bold and italics.
>
> --
> RØß
> O/Siris
> -+-
> A thing moderately good
> is not so good as it ought to be.
> Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
> but moderation in principle is always a vice.
> +Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+
>
>
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 11:35:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

But as I posted yesterday, the 50% usage max is gone from the roaming
paragraph on the web terms of service.

Chris


<larryt510@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1122516525.618803.314520@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>I suspect that the brochures were printed up before the 50% rule was
> dropped. The latest brochures are dated Jul05 but they were actually
> printed up back in June. The web site is usually outdated so I
> wouldn't go by what's on there.
>
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 2:05:33 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <qUUFe.189$T64.140@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com>,
chris.russell1951@sbcglobal.net says...
> This is what the website now says about roaming:
>
> Roaming Coverage.
>

Wrong section:

Roaming Included Plans. Not avai'l with single-band or digital mode only
phones, or to customers residing in an area not covered by the Sprint
Nationwide PCS Network. ***Sprint may terminate service if a majority of
minutes in a given month are used while roaming off the Sprint
Nationwide PCS Network.*** International calling including in Canada &
Mexico, not included. Usage in Expanded Voice Coverage areas may, in
some instances, be invoiced after 30-60 days. When calling from Expanded
Voice Coverage Areas: (a) PCS Vision and PCS to PCS calling services are
not avai'l; and (b) certain calling features (Voicemail, Caller I.D.,
Call Waiting, etc.) may not work.

http://www.sprintpcs.com/common/popups/popLegalTermsPri...

See the part I highlighted between triple asterisks above?

--
RØß
O/Siris
-+-
A thing moderately good
is not so good as it ought to be.
Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
but moderation in principle is always a vice.
+Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 2:06:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <1122450064.362513.282300@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
larryt510@hotmail.com says...
> But I still believe the moderator on sprintusers.com
> who says he attended a Sprint company meeting in Kansas City and Sprint
> themselves said the 50% rule is being phased out. Why would he make
> this up?

You can believe a person, or you can believe what's in black and white
writing. Do you know which one would hold up in court?

I have no reason to think that moderator is making it up. But that
doesn't mean he's correct.

--
RØß
O/Siris
-+-
A thing moderately good
is not so good as it ought to be.
Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
but moderation in principle is always a vice.
+Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 2:07:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <1122516525.618803.314520@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
larryt510@hotmail.com says...
> I suspect that the brochures were printed up before the 50% rule was
> dropped. The latest brochures are dated Jul05 but they were actually
> printed up back in June. The web site is usually outdated so I
> wouldn't go by what's on there.
>
>

Those brochures *exclude* Free & Clear as a national plan option, so
they follow the other changes that went into effect in July. And, as
I've already pointed out, the 50% rule is *still there*.

--
RØß
O/Siris
-+-
A thing moderately good
is not so good as it ought to be.
Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
but moderation in principle is always a vice.
+Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 2:10:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <csaGe.356$FU6.22@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com>,
chris.russell1951@sbcglobal.net says...
> But as I posted yesterday, the 50% usage max is gone from the roaming
> paragraph on the web terms of service.
>
> Chris
>

Except that it was the wrong paragraph. That's a generic discussion of
what is and isn't roaming. There's another covering "Roaming Included
Plans", and that's where the 50% rule is at.

http://www.sprintpcs.com/common/popups/popLegalTermsPri...

Not even 1/4 of the way down the terms. The "Roaming Coverage"
paragraph is like 10 paragraphs later, almost halfway down the Terms
page.

--
RØß
O/Siris
-+-
A thing moderately good
is not so good as it ought to be.
Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
but moderation in principle is always a vice.
+Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 12:49:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Ooops!

Chris


"O/Siris" <rØbjvargas@comcâst.nêt> wrote in message
news:MPG.1d535a0295e32ed998972a@newsgroups.comcast.net...
In article <csaGe.356$FU6.22@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com>,
chris.russell1951@sbcglobal.net says...
> But as I posted yesterday, the 50% usage max is gone from the roaming
> paragraph on the web terms of service.
>
> Chris
>

Except that it was the wrong paragraph. That's a generic discussion of
what is and isn't roaming. There's another covering "Roaming Included
Plans", and that's where the 50% rule is at.

http://www.sprintpcs.com/common/popups/popLegalTermsPri...

Not even 1/4 of the way down the terms. The "Roaming Coverage"
paragraph is like 10 paragraphs later, almost halfway down the Terms
page.

--
RØß
O/Siris
-+-
A thing moderately good
is not so good as it ought to be.
Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
but moderation in principle is always a vice.
+Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 12:49:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <4DwGe.2327$gt5.236@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com>,
chris.russell1951@sbcglobal.net says...
> Ooops!
>
> Chris

It isn't the first time those "clear and concise" Terms tripped someone
up, Chris. :) 

--
RØß
O/Siris
-+-
A thing moderately good
is not so good as it ought to be.
Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
but moderation in principle is always a vice.
+Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+
!