Shoutcast on Pocket Tunes

July 1, 2004 6:28:01 PM

I just installed Pocket Tunes Deluxe on my Treo 600. I am trying to
get it to play Shoutcast streams. How do I do that? I have looked
all through the pull-downs and all I find are ways to play files.

Danny Deger

More about : shoutcast pocket tunes

July 1, 2004 8:34:42 PM

[Menu] -> Actions -> Open

Top-right dropdown list (which probably says "Palm" or the name of your
memory stick, if inserted). Dropdown the list and select Shoutcast.

Now, if you hit the "New" button at the bottom, it will ask for the
Shoutcast stream URL.

--
Malcolm

"Danny Deger" <junk.deger@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I just installed Pocket Tunes Deluxe on my Treo 600. I am trying to
> get it to play Shoutcast streams. How do I do that? I have looked
> all through the pull-downs and all I find are ways to play files.
>
> Danny Deger
July 2, 2004 4:07:06 PM

On 1 Jul 2004 14:28:01 -0700, junk.deger@earthlink.net (Danny Deger) wrote:

>I just installed Pocket Tunes Deluxe on my Treo 600. I am trying to
>get it to play Shoutcast streams. How do I do that? I have looked
>all through the pull-downs and all I find are ways to play files.

On the Clie TH55 I surf to the shoutcast website, do a search for a radio
station and click "listen" next to my chosen station.

On exiting NetFront and launching Pocket Tunes, going to the "Shoutcast" option
shows the new radio station in the list, which I then rename to something more
memorable.

You are not limited to Shoutcast, either. As long as the station is streaming
WMA, MP3 or OGG (I think) you can go to any internet radio site using NetFront,
select "listen" or "tune in" and these will appear in the Shoutcast list as
well.

Does not work with Real Audio, though.

JPG

>Danny Deger
Anonymous
July 5, 2004 5:03:06 PM

On the Treo 600, start up Pocket Tunes and go to the menu and select
Actions, Open. On the upper right corner of your screen, select
"Shoutcast" from the drop down list (it might be on "Palm" by default
or it might be on your SD card by default). After selecting
"Shoutcast", click on the "New" button and enter the URL of the
shoutcast radio station that you want to listen to.

If you are not sure of the URL for the shoutcast radio station, on
your Treo 600, run the "Web" application and go to
http://www.shoutcast.com. When the page loads up on your Treo 600,
click on the "Tune in" button of the radio station that you want to
listen to. You will be given the option of opening or saving the file.
Click on "Open" and you will be hearing the radio station on your Treo
600.

However, with my GPRS provider, I noticed that the high quality feeds
don't work well. There are a lot of pauses/breaks due to the
buffering. I generally select a lower quality feed (equivalent to a
56k or slower modem).

I hope this helps.

!