Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Cracked screen on PPC-6600 : $60 to Sprint Employee that h..

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
July 26, 2005 12:14:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

My Sprint PPC-6600 (Audiovox Smartphone) was not dropped or mishandled
in any way, yet the screen mysteriously cracked in the bottom right
corner, causing the entire LCD to malfunction. I paid $600 bucks for
this phone and only used it for 3 or 4 months. . .

SPRINT PCS / SPRINT STORE EMPLOYEES: I do not have insurance on this
phone. THe first Sprint Store employee in the greater Houston or
Austin, TX area that can replace this phone for me will receive a $60
cash "thank you" from me. I visited the Woodlands, TX store in person
and had a miserable customer service experience. I am looking for a
connected and motivated store clerk that understands customer service
to help me out, consider the 60 bucks a gratuity for your dedication to
the customer.
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 5:42:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <1122390849.394309.222370@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
"JCM" <joshuamerritt@gmail.com> writes:
> My Sprint PPC-6600 (Audiovox Smartphone) was not dropped or mishandled
> in any way, yet the screen mysteriously cracked in the bottom right
> corner, causing the entire LCD to malfunction. I paid $600 bucks for
> this phone and only used it for 3 or 4 months. . .
>
> SPRINT PCS / SPRINT STORE EMPLOYEES: I do not have insurance on this
> phone.
[snip]

I sympathize, really I do. If I bought something for $600 and had it
suffer such a fate even a year, even *two* years later, much-less 3 or
4 months, I'd be damn upset.

But I am curious: Why would you spend $600 for a device like that and
skip the $5/mo. (isn't it?) insurance?

--
Jim Seymour | "There is no expedient to which a man will not
jseymour@LinxNet.com | go to avoid the labor of thinking."
http://jimsun.LinxNet.com | - Thomas A. Edison
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 3:37:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

You sympathize with a person who's pleading for a Sprint employee to steal?
He hasn't even learned his lesson!

"Jim Seymour" <jseymour@LinxNet.com> wrote in message
news:11ej2ce72f60h4f@corp.supernews.com...
> In article <1122390849.394309.222370@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> "JCM" <joshuamerritt@gmail.com> writes:
>> My Sprint PPC-6600 (Audiovox Smartphone) was not dropped or mishandled
>> in any way, yet the screen mysteriously cracked in the bottom right
>> corner, causing the entire LCD to malfunction. I paid $600 bucks for
>> this phone and only used it for 3 or 4 months. . .
>>
>> SPRINT PCS / SPRINT STORE EMPLOYEES: I do not have insurance on this
>> phone.
> [snip]
>
> I sympathize, really I do. If I bought something for $600 and had it
> suffer such a fate even a year, even *two* years later, much-less 3 or
> 4 months, I'd be damn upset.
>
> But I am curious: Why would you spend $600 for a device like that and
> skip the $5/mo. (isn't it?) insurance?
>
> --
> Jim Seymour | "There is no expedient to which a man will
> not
> jseymour@LinxNet.com | go to avoid the labor of thinking."
> http://jimsun.LinxNet.com | - Thomas A.
> Edison
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 7:38:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <9yoGe.4351$Ow4.1648502@twister.nyc.rr.com>,
"Just Me" <no-replies@myemail.bad> writes:
> You sympathize with a person who's pleading for a Sprint employee to steal?
> He hasn't even learned his lesson!
[snip]

Geez, the reading comprehension in this newsgroup is apalling!

I *said* I sympathize with his $600 toy being broken after only
3-4 months.

--
Jim Seymour | "There is no expedient to which a man will not
jseymour@LinxNet.com | go to avoid the labor of thinking."
http://jimsun.LinxNet.com | - Thomas A. Edison
!