Where is the EVDO

I have checked the EVDO map on the Sprint webpage and cannot find EVDO in
the Los Angeles or San Diego area. The map states that Los Angeles and San
Diego are future EVDO areas. I am very surprised that EVDO is not deployed
in these very high-tech areas. After all, CDMA was created in San Diego.

In what areas has Sprint deployed EVDO? Where is it??? WTF?

-mij

Mij Adyaw wrote:
> I have checked the EVDO map on the Sprint webpage and cannot find EVDO in
> the Los Angeles or San Diego area. The map states that Los Angeles and San
> Diego are future EVDO areas. I am very surprised that EVDO is not deployed
> in these very high-tech areas. After all, CDMA was created in San Diego.
>
> In what areas has Sprint deployed EVDO? Where is it??? WTF?

Sprint is launching EVDO nationwide in December.

Company website: http://JustThe.net/
E: sjsobol@JustThe.net Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307

Go over to sprintusers.com and you'll see several threads about updated
EV-DO maps, along with rollout schedules.

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:12:23 -0700, Steve Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net>
wrote:

>Mij Adyaw wrote:
>> I have checked the EVDO map on the Sprint webpage and cannot find EVDO in
>> the Los Angeles or San Diego area. The map states that Los Angeles and San
>> Diego are future EVDO areas. I am very surprised that EVDO is not deployed
>> in these very high-tech areas. After all, CDMA was created in San Diego.
>>
>> In what areas has Sprint deployed EVDO? Where is it??? WTF?
>
>Sprint is launching EVDO nationwide in December.

I haven't heard anything about a nationwide December launch, so I
can't comment on that. If true, it's probably going to be an
announcement rather than a launch.

Instead, everything I've seen points to a city by city launch, and the
schedule at this link seems to be fairly accurate.
http://www.evdoforums.com/post-1042.html
BTW, where I live, EVDO has been available since 12/04.

--
Paul Miner

I was under the impression from reading this newsgroup that Sprint was going
to launch EVDO is all markets simultaneously.

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:26:20 -0700, "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospam.net>
wrote:

>I was under the impression from reading this newsgroup that Sprint was going
>to launch EVDO is all markets simultaneously.

Well, like I was hinting at, it probably depends on how you define
launch. Official launch will probably be a simple announcement later
this year, likely followed by a marketing campaign. But if launch
refers to when you could actually start using the new service, then
it's a city by city thing.

It's also worth mentioning again that airports and business districts
will be covered first, with <some> residential areas to follow. EVDO
will not be available in all Sprint coverage areas.

--
Paul Miner

Paul Miner wrote:

> Well, like I was hinting at, it probably depends on how you define
> launch. Official launch will probably be a simple announcement later
> this year, likely followed by a marketing campaign. But if launch
> refers to when you could actually start using the new service, then
> it's a city by city thing.

I'm referring to the official launch. Verizon announced their service city
by city. Sprint doesn't do that; they roll it out, test it and then announce
it in all of the markets where it'll be available.