Sign in with
Your question

Gaming Question

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
July 21, 2004 1:59:45 PM

I'm looking to get a flat screen monitor. In all of the reviews when they talk about gaming they mention UT and other FPS games. My son and I don't play those type of games. We tend to play RPGs (Neverwinter nights, D2LOD) or kid's software. Do I need to be as concerned with ghosting with these type of games? This machine is also used for a lot of web surfing, e-mail etc. All thoughts are appreciated.

More about : gaming question

July 22, 2004 1:35:02 PM

The bluring, ghosting problem is mostly only with the fast games and even then it's not that bad really. Well, I'd say at least under 25ms response time no matter what. So, if you're local computer store doesn't know the response time for a monitor (which they never do) then go look it up online before buying.

If you want to play faster games (maybe as your kid gets older) then you want a monitor with at least 16ms or lower. There are a good number of 16ms screens out now so you might want to go for one of those in either case. I would.

<A HREF="http://www.proactivedesign.net/eric" target="_new">More than you want to know about me . . .</A>
!