SpringPCS $75.00 rebate program for phones owned over one ..

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
July 30, 2005 4:42:20 PM

I have three phones on my account and one is used by my daughter who is
presently in Myrtle Beach SC. The phone she uses is over one year old
and has been damaged and malfunctions. So she went to the PCS office
31st Street Avenue Kings Highway, MB.
She choose a new phone and asked for the $75.00 to be applied and was
told that I have to be physically present at the office to get the
discount. SO I called customer service and explained the issue and they
agreed to help and wrote in the "Note" section of my account page a
note authorizing the $75.00 discount to be applied and authorizing my
daughter to pick up the phone at this SprintPCS Office. I should note
that at this time I am 700 miles to the North near NYC.
Unfortunately this SprintPCS Office refused to comply with the Note and
authorization arranged with Customer Service. No discount period. I
have no idea why they would not go along with the solution agreed to
very amicably with the CSR.
This matter continues and hopefully will be resolved. The CS people are
asking me to elevate the matter to their HQ and have given me a number.
Unfortunately this number is only answered Monday to Friday.

Anyone else experienced similar issue? I should add that everyone at
PCS is being very courteous, just the two sides of PCS i.e. the store
and the CS people seem at odds.

Thanks
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 1:14:14 AM

In article <1122752540.448011.119250@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
ian@jardine.net says...
> Unfortunately this SprintPCS Office refused to comply with the Note and
> authorization arranged with Customer Service. No discount period. I
> have no idea why they would not go along with the solution agreed to
> very amicably with the CSR.

Phone reps have very little authority, practically none, to make
promises on behalf of stores. And this is likely a policy that falls
under account security.

That rebate likely calls for renewing your commitment with Sprint PCS,
and that can only be done by the account owner. See if you can get in
touch with a store manager or assistant manager. If there's any
paperwork or other such steps that the account owner must complete, then
they MAY be willing to accept it being faxed from a store near you in
lieu of your presence.

--
RØß
O/Siris