Which Sprint phone gets the best reception?

Last response: in Network Providers
July 31, 2005 11:52:02 PM

My house is on the fringe of two Sprint towers and I only got reception
about 80% of the time with a Sprint phone that I tried one day. Perhaps,
there is another Sprint phone that gets better reception. Which Sprint
phone gets the best reception?

More about : sprint phone reception

August 1, 2005 3:59:56 AM

NoSpam@comcast.net wrote in news:bsoqe19rski4162m0g5va9f4n5f8pvasl7@
4ax.com:

> My house is on the fringe of two Sprint towers and I only got reception
> about 80% of the time with a Sprint phone that I tried one day. Perhaps,
> there is another Sprint phone that gets better reception. Which Sprint
> phone gets the best reception?

LG pm 325
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 3:35:51 PM

k wrote:
> NoSpam@comcast.net wrote in news:bsoqe19rski4162m0g5va9f4n5f8pvasl7@
> 4ax.com:
>

>>My house is on the fringe of two Sprint towers and I only got reception
>>about 80% of the time with a Sprint phone that I tried one day. Perhaps,
>>there is another Sprint phone that gets better reception. Which Sprint
>>phone gets the best reception?
>>

> LG pm 325

Are you KIDDING? I know poeple who switched to the PM325 and regret it!
They're getting horrible reception even in what were previously good
signal areas.

The Sanyos are still by and large the best phones for fringe reception.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
August 3, 2005 3:35:52 PM

Isaiah Beard wrote:
> k wrote:
>
>> NoSpam@comcast.net wrote in news:bsoqe19rski4162m0g5va9f4n5f8pvasl7@
>> 4ax.com:
>>

>>> My house is on the fringe of two Sprint towers and I only got reception
>>> about 80% of the time with a Sprint phone that I tried one day.
>>> Perhaps,
>>> there is another Sprint phone that gets better reception. Which Sprint
>>> phone gets the best reception?
>

>> LG pm 325
>

> Are you KIDDING? I know poeple who switched to the PM325 and regret it!
> They're getting horrible reception even in what were previously good
> signal areas.
>
> The Sanyos are still by and large the best phones for fringe reception.

I think it's going to be YMMV.
My VX3200 has better reception than my SCP-7300.
An aftermarket extending antenna would improve ANY phone's reception
over the stock internal or nub antenna. Simple physics of radio waves.
(And no I'm not talking about the stupid antennas with the flashing lights)

Seumas
--

The above advice is free of charge and should be considered worth as
much as you paid for it. No refunds

Please post replies in a polite manner. If you are rude and insulting,
I'll drop your username in the gulag and I'll never see another post
from you again.
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 9:13:40 PM

"Isaiah Beard" <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote in message
> k wrote:
> > NoSpam@comcast.net wrote in news:bsoqe19rski4162m0g5va9f4n5f8pvasl7@
> > 4ax.com:
> >

> >>My house is on the fringe of two Sprint towers and I only got reception
> >>about 80% of the time with a Sprint phone that I tried one day.
Perhaps,
> >>there is another Sprint phone that gets better reception. Which Sprint
> >>phone gets the best reception?
> >>

> > LG pm 325
>
> Are you KIDDING? I know poeple who switched to the PM325 and regret it!
> They're getting horrible reception even in what were previously good
> signal areas.
>
> The Sanyos are still by and large the best phones for fringe reception.

I mostly agree with you, however my daughter replaced a Samsung A500 with an
LG 325, and it's as good or better than my 5300 in the fringe areas in her
coverage area in No. Charlotte.

Bob
August 4, 2005 12:41:00 AM

Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote in

> k wrote:
>> NoSpam@comcast.net wrote in news:bsoqe19rski4162m0g5va9f4n5f8pvasl7@
>> 4ax.com:
>>

>>>My house is on the fringe of two Sprint towers and I only got
>>>reception about 80% of the time with a Sprint phone that I tried one
>>>day. Perhaps, there is another Sprint phone that gets better
>>>reception. Which Sprint phone gets the best reception?
>>>

>> LG pm 325
>
> Are you KIDDING? I know poeple who switched to the PM325 and regret
> it!
> They're getting horrible reception even in what were previously good
> signal areas.
>
> The Sanyos are still by and large the best phones for fringe
> reception.

I guess I got a faulty one. It beats the heck out of the Sanyo pm 8200 for
re ception. I will return it
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 3:26:22 PM

sanyo scp7300

<NoSpam@comcast.net> wrote in message
> My house is on the fringe of two Sprint towers and I only got reception
> about 80% of the time with a Sprint phone that I tried one day. Perhaps,
> there is another Sprint phone that gets better reception. Which Sprint
> phone gets the best reception?
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 10:00:56 PM

Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

> The Sanyos are still by and large the best phones for fringe reception.

I have a hard time with that statement. I dare say the later samsungs
are as good, if not better. I had an A500 and went to the 8100. The
8100 was better, but there was often noise or cutouts if you moved the
phone. I went to the Samsung A680 and all was good. I switched to the
Sanyo 7400 because it is larger and faster (I have big hands) and I am
getting some of the same reception problems with this phone. Sound
quality is no better with the Sanyos I have used, and the Samsungs seem
to get more consistant reception, rarely cut out. This is my experience
with several Samsung and Sanyo phones (my wife uses the Sanyo 8200 now
and my Daughter uses the 200 by Sanyo).

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse
August 17, 2005 11:33:12 PM

Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:
>
>>The Sanyos are still by and large the best phones for fringe reception.
>>

> I have a hard time with that statement. I dare say the later samsungs
> are as good, if not better.

I became a big Samsung fan after owning a VI-660 and a VGa-1000. The 660 has
some weak-signal issues, though. But the VGA-1000 was great, and I
understand newer Samsungs are too.

Company website: http://JustThe.net/
E: sjsobol@JustThe.net Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307
August 18, 2005 3:35:17 AM

On 2005-07-31 18:52:02 -0500, NoSpam@comcast.net said:

> My house is on the fringe of two Sprint towers and I only got reception
> about 80% of the time with a Sprint phone that I tried one day.
> Perhaps, there is another Sprint phone that gets better reception.
> Which Sprint phone gets the best reception?

I only have experience with two phones, so my 2 cents may be worth less
than that. ;-)

My wife has a Samsung A680, and I have a Sanyo VI2300 - two ends of the
cost/feature spectrum, from what I can tell.

The A680 is fine little phone, light, small, feature packed and
comparatively expensive. But reception is often not very good, with a
"warbling" quality to it. It also tends to cut out, which from what
I've read might be due to Samsung's voice activation or some such. (I
don't recall exactly.)

On the other hand, my Sanyo 2300 sounds like a champ. It suffers none
of the problems I've seen on the A680. It doesn't have a camera (I
don't need one; I have cameras), the screen is a tad small (but very
functional), and the menus/graphics could be better (just an opinion),
but it's a great little phone so far.

I've read good and bad about both, which causes me to wonder if it's a
combination of place, phone and network hardware that make any single
phone good or bad.

I think I read where Sprint has a two-week return policy on new phones,
so you might make a choice and give it a test drive. If it doesn't work
out, swap it.

Good luck!

--
Address Faked Only To Prevent Spamming
Anonymous

Nobody wrote:

> The A680 is fine little phone, light, small, feature packed and
> comparatively expensive. But reception is often not very good, with a
> "warbling" quality to it. It also tends to cut out, which from what I've
> read might be due to Samsung's voice activation or some such. (I don't
> recall exactly.)

I never had any such problem with the two Sprint Samsung phones I owned
unless I was in an area with a weak signal - and in the case of my VGA-1000,
it had to be really weak.

Company website: http://JustThe.net/
E: sjsobol@JustThe.net Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307
August 19, 2005 3:40:13 AM

On 2005-08-18 22:29:15 -0500, Steve Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net> said:

> Nobody wrote:
>
>> The A680 is fine little phone, light, small, feature packed and
>> comparatively expensive. But reception is often not very good, with a
>> "warbling" quality to it. It also tends to cut out, which from what
>> I've read might be due to Samsung's voice activation or some such. (I
>> don't recall exactly.)
>
> I never had any such problem with the two Sprint Samsung phones I owned
> unless I was in an area with a weak signal - and in the case of my
> VGA-1000, it had to be really weak.

That's good to know. The Samsungs are nice phones, and I'd hate to
discount them for future purchases based on the experience of just one
phone.

--
Address Faked Only To Prevent Spamming
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 3:40:14 AM

Nobody wrote:

>> I never had any such problem with the two Sprint Samsung phones I
>> owned unless I was in an area with a weak signal - and in the case of
>> my VGA-1000, it had to be really weak.
>
> That's good to know. The Samsungs are nice phones, and I'd hate to
> discount them for future purchases based on the experience of just one
> phone.

Don't. They're nice phones, the most recent models are supposed to be bug
free (though the 660 isn't, the others are supposed to be pretty good), and
they have lots of useful features.

!