Creating Audio Cd for a 50 min Wave file

Last response: in Home Audio
April 15, 2005 11:40:52 AM

When trying to create an AUDIO CD for 50 minute wave file , The Nero
Audio Cd writer does not fit the wave file and shows that I need a
more physical space then the 700Mb on the CD.

If the Cd can record 74 minutes ,why am i having problem burning a 50
min wave file

Any help explanation will be appreciated
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 12:18:08 PM

smogul wrote ...
> When trying to create an AUDIO CD for 50 minute wave file , The Nero
> Audio Cd writer does not fit the wave file and shows that I need a
> more physical space then the 700Mb on the CD.
>
> If the Cd can record 74 minutes ,why am i having problem burning a 50
> min wave file
>
> Any help explanation will be appreciated

Even a 50-minute WAV file can be stored on a 700MB
Data CD.

You should have no problem recording a 50-minute Red-
Book Audio CD. Try different software. My favorite is
www.cheetahburner.com
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 3:24:11 PM

<smogul@gmail.com> wrote in message
> When trying to create an AUDIO CD for 50 minute wave file , The Nero
> Audio Cd writer does not fit the wave file and shows that I need a
> more physical space then the 700Mb on the CD.
>
> If the Cd can record 74 minutes ,why am i having problem burning a 50
> min wave file
>
> Any help explanation will be appreciated

I don't think it is the software. Using Nero, I have no trouble burning 70
plus minutes on a standard CD. Could you have some parameter in the Nero
preferences improperly set, which might result in the warning?

Steve King
April 15, 2005 4:33:01 PM

Steve King wrote:
> <smogul@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> When trying to create an AUDIO CD for 50 minute wave file , The
Nero
>> Audio Cd writer does not fit the wave file and shows that I need a
>> more physical space then the 700Mb on the CD.
>>
>> If the Cd can record 74 minutes ,why am i having problem burning a
50
>> min wave file
>>
>> Any help explanation will be appreciated
>
> I don't think it is the software. Using Nero, I have no trouble
> burning 70 plus minutes on a standard CD. Could you have some
> parameter in the Nero preferences improperly set, which might result
> in the warning?

I wonder if this poor guy is using a CD/RW and doesn't know it?
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 7:47:08 PM

In article <1113576052.748312.296880@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com> smogul@gmail.com writes:

> When trying to create an AUDIO CD for 50 minute wave file , The Nero
> Audio Cd writer does not fit the wave file and shows that I need a
> more physical space then the 700Mb on the CD.
>
> If the Cd can record 74 minutes ,why am i having problem burning a 50
> min wave file

I don't know why you're having problems with a 50 minute file, but I
know that audio as data (a WAV file) takes more space than the same
file burned as an audio CD. I've hit the wall with 700 MB disks at
about 60 minutes worth of 16/44 audio when trying to save the raw WAV
file.

You may just have to chop it up and put it on two CDs.

April 15, 2005 9:29:34 PM

On 15 Apr 2005 07:40:52 -0700, smogul@gmail.com wrote:

>When trying to create an AUDIO CD for 50 minute wave file , The Nero
>Audio Cd writer does not fit the wave file and shows that I need a
>more physical space then the 700Mb on the CD.
>
>If the Cd can record 74 minutes ,why am i having problem burning a 50
>min wave file
>
>Any help explanation will be appreciated

The only thing I can imagine is the .wav file is something other
than 16-bit 44.1k stereo. If it's a 24bit file, Nero may claim it
won't fit based solely on file size (50 minutes of 24bit is the same
size of 75 minutes of 16bit), even before it looks as the header info
at the start of the file.

-----
http://mindspring.com/~benbradley
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 10:40:19 PM

smogul@gmail.com wrote:

>When trying to create an AUDIO CD for 50 minute wave file , The Nero
>Audio Cd writer does not fit the wave file and shows that I need a
>more physical space then the 700Mb on the CD.

What's the sample rate and word length of your wave file?

Should be 44.1 kHz sampe rate and 16 bit per word stereo.

Norbert
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 12:38:33 AM

Sanity check: Are you creating a data disk, or an audio disk?

Data disks include additional information to allow them to recover from
minor surface damage without losing data, along with burning some bytes
on actually behaving like a filesystem. Audio disks count on the fact
that they can, if necessary, interpolate through damage without humans
noticing the difference.

Another possibility: Have you ever tried to use that disk before? If it
isn't a CDRW (or if you haven't erased it), the old data is still there
and taking up space even after you write a new session. (Some CD drivers
include tools to explicitly switch which session the PC is currently
looking at. I wish more of 'em did; that's useful for recovering earlier
data, or for getting to the first session (audio) in a multi-mode CD
which also contains a data session.
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 1:15:44 PM

Thanks for all the info , The information is helpful.
I will try again and check why I am seeing the issue.
Based on the responses Let me clarify
I am burning on a CD_R disk and creating an AUDIO CD.

Thanks
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 6:10:43 PM

> Thanks for all the info , The information is helpful.
> I will try again and check why I am seeing the issue.
> Based on the responses Let me clarify
> I am burning on a CD_R disk and creating an AUDIO CD.
>
> Thanks

Then, if you are burning from 16 bit x 44.1 kHz files you should have no
trouble. Let us know how it goes.

Steve King
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 10:21:56 PM