MN-700 Kicking Off Wireless Connection

Tristan

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

I just bought the MN-700, the four port switch works fine
on my desktop. But the wireless doesn't work well. I will
get on the internet and 5 minutes later it loses the
connection, i reestablish it and then i lose it again. I
heard of other people having the same problem. Does anyone
know how to fix this.

Hi,

Try disabling the 802.1x authentication on your wireless network card
properties.

If 802.1x authentication is enabled on your wireless network card and if
your access point doesn't support this authentication the connection will be
disconnected after a few minutes.

To disable 802.1x authenication over your wireless network card...

1.. Click Start, point to Connect To, click Show all connections, and then
double-click your wireless network adapter.
2.. On the General tab, click Properties.
3.. Click the Wireless Networks tab.
4.. Under Preferred Networks, click your home network, and then click
Properties.
5.. Click Data encryption (WEP enabled).
6.. Click the Association tab, and then click to clear the Network
Authentication (Shared mode) check box and the The key is provided for me
automatically check box, if they are selected.
7.. Click the Authentication tab, and then click to clear the Enable IEEE
802.1x authentication for this network check box, if it is selected.
8.. Click OK two times to accept the changes.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"Tristan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just bought the MN-700, the four port switch works fine
> on my desktop. But the wireless doesn't work well. I will
> get on the internet and 5 minutes later it loses the
> connection, i reestablish it and then i lose it again. I
> heard of other people having the same problem. Does anyone
> know how to fix this.

The 802.1x authentication wasn't enable to begin with so
thats not it. Thanks anway. Do you have any other ideas

Tristan

Hi,

Do you have any other 2.4GHz wireless devices such as the cordless phones,
microwaves or 2.4GHz video receiver/transceivers.
Try changing the wireless channels on the MN-700 and see if that fixes the
problem.

--

> The 802.1x authentication wasn't enable to begin with so
> thats not it. Thanks anway. Do you have any other ideas
>
> Tristan

Tristan

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

I don't have any wireless phones nearby or a microwave, I
tried chnaging the channel, and I got the same result
Tristan

Tristan,

I had the same problem and have turned off QOS in the
TCP/IP configuration page for the the NIC.

Have been up for over an hour without a kick off!!

Regards

Ivan

Tristan

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

I disabled the QoS packet scheduler and a few minutes later
i got kicked off again
Tristan

Damn!! ;-)

Have you tried stopping the Wireless Zero Configuration
service??

Ivan

Tristan

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

No how would i do that
Tristan

Before stopping any services, are you on Windows XP, and, if so, are you
completely updated from Windows Update?
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP

> No how would i do that
> Tristan

Tristan

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

I am in Windows XP, I just did a Windows Update and I get
the same result

Tristan

Then I would suggest you try a simple, basic function. Unplug the power
from the base station for about 20 minutes. Turn the computer off and talk
a little walk outside. Come back in and unplug the power from your
broadband modem for about two minutes. Then plug that in, let it go through
connecting with your ISP. After all the lights are green, plug the power
back in to the base station. When that has properly negotiated the
connection with the mode, go ahead and start your computer.

If that doesn't work, call the product support number in the User's Guide.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP

>I am in Windows XP, I just did a Windows Update and I get
> the same result
>
> Tristan

Why would you do that?

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"Ivan Sanders" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Damn!! ;-)
>
> Have you tried stopping the Wireless Zero Configuration
> service??
>
> Ivan

micronerdo

Distinguished
May 23, 2004

"Tristan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just bought the MN-700, the four port switch works fine
> on my desktop. But the wireless doesn't work well. I will
> get on the internet and 5 minutes later it loses the
> connection, i reestablish it and then i lose it again. I
> heard of other people having the same problem. Does anyone
> know how to fix this.

Run your anti-virus (and /or any ad-virus) program, and
delete the trojan, trackers, and hi-jackers.

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I'm sure you've done this, but make sure any other NICs
are disabled.

I'm still having some issues with mine. To get mine to
reconnect I have to stop the card pull it out and reinsert
it to get it to connect again.