Sprint and Nextel Expect to Close Merger on Aug. 12, 2005

Last response: in Network Providers
August 9, 2005 9:29:43 PM

For those of you that are interested - here are the details.

http://www2.sprint.com/mr/news_dtl.do?id=7700

For those of you who track the stock and company PRs and news on your home
pages, you will need to change the stock symbol from FON to S ...

Bob
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 10:31:32 PM

"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in

> For those of you that are interested - here are the details.
>
> http://www2.sprint.com/mr/news_dtl.do?id=7700

So does that mean that on the 12th, Nextel customers can switch to
Sprint (and vice versa) without an early termination fee?
August 9, 2005 11:55:01 PM

"Neon Knight" <knightofneon@spamex.com> wrote in message
> "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in
>
> > For those of you that are interested - here are the details.
> >
> > http://www2.sprint.com/mr/news_dtl.do?id=7700
>
> So does that mean that on the 12th, Nextel customers can switch to
> Sprint (and vice versa) without an early termination fee?

No.
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 5:15:21 AM

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 18:31:32 -0500, Neon Knight
<knightofneon@spamex.com> wrote:

>"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in
>
>> For those of you that are interested - here are the details.
>>
>> http://www2.sprint.com/mr/news_dtl.do?id=7700
>
>So does that mean that on the 12th, Nextel customers can switch to
>Sprint (and vice versa) without an early termination fee?

As a customer, I wouldn't look for anything meaningful to happen on
the 12th. Give them some time to get situated.

--
Paul Miner
Anonymous

"Neon Knight" <knightofneon@spamex.com> wrote in message
> "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in
>
> > For those of you that are interested - here are the details.
> >
> > http://www2.sprint.com/mr/news_dtl.do?id=7700
>
> So does that mean that on the 12th, Nextel customers can switch to
> Sprint (and vice versa) without an early termination fee?

I doubt that very much. It's going to take time, a lot of time to merge the
internal operations together.

Bob
!