Sprint and Nextel Expect to Close Merger on Aug. 12, 2005

For those of you that are interested - here are the details.

http://www2.sprint.com/mr/news_dtl.do?id=7700

For those of you who track the stock and company PRs and news on your home
pages, you will need to change the stock symbol from FON to S ...

Bob
4 answers Last reply
More about sprint nextel expect close merger 2005

    "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in

    > For those of you that are interested - here are the details.
    >
    > http://www2.sprint.com/mr/news_dtl.do?id=7700

    So does that mean that on the 12th, Nextel customers can switch to
    Sprint (and vice versa) without an early termination fee?

    "Neon Knight" <knightofneon@spamex.com> wrote in message
    > "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in
    >
    > > For those of you that are interested - here are the details.
    > >
    > > http://www2.sprint.com/mr/news_dtl.do?id=7700
    >
    > So does that mean that on the 12th, Nextel customers can switch to
    > Sprint (and vice versa) without an early termination fee?

    No.

    On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 18:31:32 -0500, Neon Knight
    <knightofneon@spamex.com> wrote:

    >"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in
    >
    >> For those of you that are interested - here are the details.
    >>
    >> http://www2.sprint.com/mr/news_dtl.do?id=7700
    >
    >So does that mean that on the 12th, Nextel customers can switch to
    >Sprint (and vice versa) without an early termination fee?

    As a customer, I wouldn't look for anything meaningful to happen on
    the 12th. Give them some time to get situated.

    --
    Paul Miner

    "Neon Knight" <knightofneon@spamex.com> wrote in message
    > "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in
    >
    > > For those of you that are interested - here are the details.
    > >
    > > http://www2.sprint.com/mr/news_dtl.do?id=7700
    >
    > So does that mean that on the 12th, Nextel customers can switch to
    > Sprint (and vice versa) without an early termination fee?

    I doubt that very much. It's going to take time, a lot of time to merge the
    internal operations together.

    Bob

Sprint PCS Nextel Internet Service Providers