Qualcomm Chipset

<http://www.cdmatech.com> is Qualcomm's website.
It has some interesting stuff.

There's a new version of PureVoice (used to convert audio
to .qcp format for ringers).

It has a link on the home page for "Chipset Comparison".
The comparison page shows all kinds of interesting info
such as EV-DO version, bluetooth, speed, etc.

How do you tell what chipset a phone uses?
(e.g., Sanyo 5600 or Sanyo 5500/Sprint VM4500)

ll wrote:

> It has a link on the home page for "Chipset Comparison".
> The comparison page shows all kinds of interesting info
> such as EV-DO version, bluetooth, speed, etc.
>
> How do you tell what chipset a phone uses?
> (e.g., Sanyo 5600 or Sanyo 5500/Sprint VM4500)

You don't. The phone manufacturers tend to guard that as proprietary
information. Why, I'll never know.

For a while, you used to be able to check the internal component photos
on the FCC website whenever a new product received FCC registration and
approval and could figure out what chipset was used based on the number
stamped on the MSM chip. The phone manufacturers have since wised up to
that, and either purposefully provide poor quality digital photos that
render the chipset numbers unreadable, or physically deface the chip
surfaces so that the numbers are removed.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.