Sign in with
Your question

Product Key Question

Last response: in Windows 7
June 30, 2012 2:42:56 AM

Hello folks!

I recently built my fiancee a new computer, with her brother helping me over the phone from out of state because I'm not as tech savy. Thanks to his product recommendations and advice it's a currently operational, powerful gaming rig (I'm typing this on it), but there is a slight problem.

I downloaded Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Service Pack 1 after he told me he had a 'legitimate' copy of it. I assumed 'legitimate' meant 'unused,' but once the product key he gave me didn't work, I found out he'd already used it - which is why I assume it isn't working.

I know there are ways to crack it and such - that's not what I'm asking (which I assume you folks aren't allowed to provide anyway). All I want to know is the cheapest way to acquire a legitimate product key online. What's the best, legitimate vendor that can give me JUST a product key for Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (SV1)?

Much appreciated!

-Newb Tech-Guy

More about : product key question

a b $ Windows 7
June 30, 2012 4:34:13 AM

Question i would have, does she really need the Pro version? If not Home Premium is available at the likes of Amazon for reasonable prices, and probably cheaper than the legitimate M'soft source for Licence Only.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
June 30, 2012 5:39:24 AM

if your in school or collage see if your school is part of the microsoft edu software program. if it is you can get windows and other ms products at a reduced cost. if you need somthing that free till you can raise some funding the new windows 8 cs preview software fre to download and use. (as some point you have to install windows 7 or 8 when it expires).
m
l
June 30, 2012 7:41:45 AM

Hello I don't no if IM in the right place and sorry for not adding to the previous topic.
My friend has been given a laptop with pirate w7u by his dad and it has had a new hard drive fitted so without saying the recovery partition is gone! Although it still has its original s/n for windows 7 starter I also have the same laptop and was wondering was there a way I could copy over the recovery and then use his s/n ? Any help would be very appreciated
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 30, 2012 7:57:44 AM

paws if there a windows oem number on the bottom of the laptop. it better to contact the vendor and pay a small fee for a set of disks. if not your better off looking on ebay for a windows oem cd.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 30, 2012 9:03:15 AM

pawsowth321 said:
Hello I don't no if IM in the right place and sorry for not adding to the previous topic.
My friend has been given a laptop with pirate w7u by his dad and it has had a new hard drive fitted so without saying the recovery partition is gone! Although it still has its original s/n for windows 7 starter I also have the same laptop and was wondering was there a way I could copy over the recovery and then use his s/n ? Any help would be very appreciated

-

If you have the EXACT same model number you SHOULD be able to burn a set of recovery disks using the manufacturers tools and it should work. if not order them.

That being said it is rude to hijack other people's threads, and against the forum rules. if you need further assistance or have a question in the future please make your own topic. thanks
m
l
!