Outages?

How often do outages occur on the Sprint system and how long do they
usually last? I am noticing what appears to be a growing trend toward
outages in my area.

Thanks,
Earl
--
Earl Needham
Clovis, New Mexico USA

    On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 20:53:01 -0600, "Earl Needham"
    <munged@3lefties.com> wrote:

    > How often do outages occur on the Sprint system and how long do they
    >usually last? I am noticing what appears to be a growing trend toward
    >outages in my area.

    Voice, data, or both? Which area are you in? While I'm fairly sure
    there are occasional outages in one area or another, I can honestly
    say I can't remember the last time there was an outage at the moment
    when I needed to use the service. Maybe I've been fortunate, I don't
    know.

    --
    Paul Miner

    "Paul Miner" <pminer@elrancho.invalid> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 20:53:01 -0600, "Earl Needham"
    > <munged@3lefties.com> wrote:
    >
    > > How often do outages occur on the Sprint system and how long do they
    > >usually last? I am noticing what appears to be a growing trend toward
    > >outages in my area.
    >
    > Voice, data, or both?

    Both

    > Which area are you in?

    Clovis, New Mexico

    Several times in the recent weeks I've had TOTAL outages, where I was
    roaming in my home town.

    --
    Earl Needham
    Clovis, New Mexico USA

    "Earl Needham" <munged@3lefties.com> wrote in message
    > How often do outages occur on the Sprint system and how long do they
    > usually last? I am noticing what appears to be a growing trend toward
    > outages in my area.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Earl
    > --
    > Earl Needham
    > Clovis, New Mexico USA

    Voice?
    1) I have NEVER had a TOTAL outage in my area... (TOTAL meaning withoug
    service for more that 15 minutes)
    2) But, I have notice when they take a tower down and signal is weaker...
    3) I have had wierd thing happen once in a while:
    A) All attempts to call out fail or your get a 'fast busy'
    B) All attempts of people toc call you roll to voice mail, for all
    Sprint phones in the area.
    - I attribure that to some sort of routing problem....

    Data/Vision
    1) One time in the last 6 mos. there was something screwy in parts of the
    937 area for 1-1.5 days
    2) Once after a MAJOR storm and usage was heavy there were problems....
    3) Sometimes 'in the dark of night' on weekends, I will notice that they are
    doing something, as there will be brief outages. Must be 'change' time,
    where system changes are installed.

    "Joe Gill" <joegill@removethis@prodigy.net> wrote in message

    > "Earl Needham" <munged@3lefties.com> wrote in message
    > > How often do outages occur on the Sprint system and how long do they
    > > usually last? I am noticing what appears to be a growing trend toward
    > > outages in my area.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Earl
    > > --
    > > Earl Needham
    > > Clovis, New Mexico USA
    >
    > Voice?
    > 1) I have NEVER had a TOTAL outage in my area... (TOTAL meaning withoug
    > service for more that 15 minutes)

    Last one lasted for perhaps 10 or 12 hours! Totally out, no service
    anywhere in town. Well, roaming worked, so it was strictly Sprint that was
    out.

    --
    Earl Needham
    Clovis, New Mexico USA

    Earl Needham wrote:
    > How often do outages occur on the Sprint system and how long do they
    > usually last? I am noticing what appears to be a growing trend toward
    > outages in my area.

    In my last days with Sprint, I didn't notice outages so much as I
    noticed a general degradation in coverage and signal quality. My
    neighbor still has Sprint, hanging on desperately because he had just
    signed a new two eyar contract, and apparently there still has been no
    improvement.

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

Sprint PCS Internet Service Providers