Sprint Nokia 3588i

Last response: in Network Providers
August 14, 2005 6:18:43 AM

Hi Fox,
Someone gave me a Nokia model# 3588i did not have a power adaptor bought
the adaptor for about 10 bucks and found out the phone is locked and I
can only use 911 calls. I called Sprint and they could not help I even
asked to have a service from them.

Is there a Master pasword for this phone?

Thanks much
Norm

More about : sprint nokia 3588i

Anonymous
August 14, 2005 5:57:46 PM

Sounds like that phone was not a Sprint phone originally. You can't really
'lock' a CDMA phone, they are all set-up as carrier specific and the 3588i
was not just used by SPCS. When they are original, they all have the same
password lock, when you activate the phone, a new specific Master Subsidy
Lock password is created by the SPCS computer and is assigned to the phone.
I know the MSL of my phone as I looked at the computer screen when it was
being activated at the Sprint store. The only control it gives you is to
change the phone number and a system number that contains your phone number.

After all that, you could call Sprint and read them the ESN of your phone.
This is found on the back side under the battery. If it was a SPCS phone
originally and no money was owed on the former account associated with that
phone (even if they upgraded to a newer phone and owed money, you may be out
of luck), you may be able to activate it, otherwise that phone is useless on
SPCS except for 911 calls.

Chris

"Son of God" <mnmnm@kkk.com> wrote in message
> Hi Fox,
> Someone gave me a Nokia model# 3588i did not have a power adaptor bought
> the adaptor for about 10 bucks and found out the phone is locked and I can
> only use 911 calls. I called Sprint and they could not help I even asked
> to have a service from them.
>
> Is there a Master pasword for this phone?
>
> Thanks much
> Norm
Anonymous
August 14, 2005 5:57:47 PM

Chris Russell wrote:

> After all that, you could call Sprint and read them the ESN of your phone.
> This is found on the back side under the battery. If it was a SPCS phone
> originally and no money was owed on the former account associated with that
> phone (even if they upgraded to a newer phone and owed money, you may be out
> of luck), you may be able to activate it, otherwise that phone is useless on
> SPCS except for 911 calls.

I think he was talking about the phone lock, not a carrier lock.

>>Is there a Master pasword for this phone?

Norm: The Nokias usually ask for a security code after three failed attempts
to enter a lock code. Try 12345...

Company website: http://JustThe.net/
E: sjsobol@JustThe.net Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307
August 14, 2005 7:08:27 PM

Chris Russell wrote:
> Sounds like that phone was not a Sprint phone originally. You can't really
> 'lock' a CDMA phone, they are all set-up as carrier specific and the 3588i
> was not just used by SPCS. When they are original, they all have the same
> password lock, when you activate the phone, a new specific Master Subsidy
> Lock password is created by the SPCS computer and is assigned to the phone.
> I know the MSL of my phone as I looked at the computer screen when it was
> being activated at the Sprint store. The only control it gives you is to
> change the phone number and a system number that contains your phone number.
>
> After all that, you could call Sprint and read them the ESN of your phone.
> This is found on the back side under the battery. If it was a SPCS phone
> originally and no money was owed on the former account associated with that
> phone (even if they upgraded to a newer phone and owed money, you may be out
> of luck), you may be able to activate it, otherwise that phone is useless on
> SPCS except for 911 calls.
>
> Chris
>

> "Son of God" <mnmnm@kkk.com> wrote in message
>
>>Hi Fox,
>>Someone gave me a Nokia model# 3588i did not have a power adaptor bought
>>the adaptor for about 10 bucks and found out the phone is locked and I can
>>only use 911 calls. I called Sprint and they could not help I even asked
>>to have a service from them.
>>
>>Is there a Master pasword for this phone?
>>
>>Thanks much
>>Norm

Chris,
It has the Sprint logo on the case and it shows sprint on displky
when it is powered up. This phone has a slot for the sim card.
Norm
Anonymous
August 14, 2005 7:08:28 PM

Son of God wrote:

> This phone has a slot for the sim card.

The body is probably the same as the body on the GSM 35xx models.

Company website: http://JustThe.net/
E: sjsobol@JustThe.net Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307
Anonymous
August 14, 2005 7:11:35 PM

Steve Sobol wrote:
> Chris Russell wrote:
>
>> After all that, you could call Sprint and read them the ESN of your
>> phone. This is found on the back side under the battery. If it was a
>> SPCS phone originally and no money was owed on the former account
>> associated with that phone (even if they upgraded to a newer phone and
>> owed money, you may be out of luck), you may be able to activate it,
>> otherwise that phone is useless on SPCS except for 911 calls.
>

> I think he was talking about the phone lock, not a carrier lock.
>
>>> Is there a Master pasword for this phone?
>

> Norm: The Nokias usually ask for a security code after three failed
> attempts to enter a lock code. Try 12345...

Yes, it is the phone lock and I did try 12345 and got code error
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 4:54:00 AM

My 3588i only takes 4 digits for the lock code, so using 12345 will always
be a code error.

> Steve Sobol wrote:
>> Chris Russell wrote:
>>
>>> After all that, you could call Sprint and read them the ESN of your
>>> phone. This is found on the back side under the battery. If it was a
>>> SPCS phone originally and no money was owed on the former account
>>> associated with that phone (even if they upgraded to a newer phone and
>>> owed money, you may be out of luck), you may be able to activate it,
>>> otherwise that phone is useless on SPCS except for 911 calls.
>>

>> I think he was talking about the phone lock, not a carrier lock.

>> Norm: The Nokias usually ask for a security code after three failed
>> attempts to enter a lock code. Try 12345...
>>
> Yes, it is the phone lock and I did try 12345 and got code error

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 4:54:01 AM

Chris Russell wrote:
> My 3588i only takes 4 digits for the lock code, so using 12345 will always
> be a code error.

Every Nokia phone I've owned - my old AMPS 100 and my CDMA 2180, 6185 and
3285 - has had the four-digit lock code *and* a five digit security code.
Try entering the wrong lock code three times - the phone should then ask for
a security code. Try 12345.

!