PRL 10029

PRL 10029 is likely to be released as early as tomorrow or Tuesday. I
will report as soon as I can if there's anything important about it.
16 answers Last reply
More about 10029

    As expected PRL 10029 was released today and is now available.

    Larry,

    What does the new PRL offer? Why do we need it?

    <larryt510@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > As expected PRL 10029 was released today and is now available.

    I haven't been able to find out yet what it offers. But for most
    customers it's not going to be of much importance.

    I can remember as far back as PRL 10008 on my Qualcomm 2760.

    International roaming updates. Unless one plans on traveling to South
    Korea or Israel then don't bother getting this update.

    > I haven't been able to find out yet what it offers. But for most
    > customers it's not going to be of much importance.

    Well, here's a handy dandy hint for all you folks, if when you initially
    dial *2 Talk, then 1, and the system doesn't recognize the need for updating
    the PRL, just go into your account, then the Contact Us link, then the email
    link, and send them a quickie email mentioning that you are aware of 10029
    as a new PRL and to ask them to flag your account.

    I received an email back within 3-4 hours from Adah H. in customer support
    telling me all phones were flagged, and I updated all three phones lickity
    split ...

    Bob ::who can't remember what the first PRL I updated in 1998 with my Sony
    1201 & Qualcomm 1201 or what ever that model was for dual band ... , but
    it's been a hellava lot of updates since then::

    Bob Smith wrote:

    > Bob ::who can't remember what the first PRL I updated in 1998 with my Sony
    > 1201 & Qualcomm 1201 or what ever that model was for dual band ... , but
    > it's been a hellava lot of updates since then::

    I started out with PRL 129 on a Qualcomm QCP-2700 :) Of course, the PRL
    numbers aren't ENTIRELY linear... the three digit PRLS are for non-data
    enabled phones.

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

    On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 01:49:57 GMT, "Bob Smith"
    <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:

    ><larryt510@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> I haven't been able to find out yet what it offers. But for most
    >> customers it's not going to be of much importance.
    >
    >Well, here's a handy dandy hint for all you folks, if when you initially
    >dial *2 Talk, then 1, and the system doesn't recognize the need for updating
    >the PRL, just go into your account, then the Contact Us link, then the email
    >link, and send them a quickie email

    Sorry, do you mean on the web, or were you using Vision?

    Thanks, DGI
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "David G. Imber" <imber@maniform.com> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 01:49:57 GMT, "Bob Smith"
    > <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >

    > ><larryt510@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> I haven't been able to find out yet what it offers. But for most
    > >> customers it's not going to be of much importance.
    > >
    > >Well, here's a handy dandy hint for all you folks, if when you initially
    > >dial *2 Talk, then 1, and the system doesn't recognize the need for
    updating
    > >the PRL, just go into your account, then the Contact Us link, then the
    email
    > >link, and send them a quickie email
    >
    > Sorry, do you mean on the web, or were you using Vision?
    >
    > Thanks, DGI

    The web ... with a computer ... sitting down ... you get the drift ... :)

    Bob
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:10:38 GMT, "Bob Smith"
    <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >> Sorry, do you mean on the web, or were you using Vision?
    >>
    >> Thanks, DGI
    >
    >The web ... with a computer ... sitting down ... you get the drift ... :)

    Worked like a charm. You've discovered something great here.
    (I've been through some really tiresome runarounds with CS.)

    Thanks! DGI
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Today I got a text message from "Unknown":
    "Get a FREE PCS Service update by dialing *2 on your PCS phone today.
    The update occurs while you listen to a brief message. Once completed,
    hang up!"

    How could I resist, even though I have no plans to travel to South
    Korea or Israel. When I called, it was Claire II instead of Claire, and
    a squealing, whistling sound in-between announcements instead of the
    usual PRL-update music. When it was done I had 10029 (formerly 10028).

    I'm on a F&FAF plan. My wife's phone did not receive such a message,
    and calling *2 from hers didn't initiate a PRL update. I also remember
    getting such a message in June 2004.

    My notes show getting a Samsung 2000 updated from PRL 116 to 120
    (single-band) in a store in Sept. 2000, and getting a Qualcomm 2700
    upgraded from PRL 222 to 226 (dual-band) in 5/1999, and OTA (!) to PRL
    232 in 10/1999.

  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Frank,

    Any idea when Sprint switched to the 10000 PRL format? I'm sure I had
    a Qualcomm 2760 dual band in late 1999 that had 10008 on it.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    My two 2700s dating from late 1998 and early 1999, respectively,
    both had three-digit PRLs, but I can't recall exactly when they changed.

    <larryt510@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1124472570.697017.219700@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
    > Frank,
    >
    > Any idea when Sprint switched to the 10000 PRL format? I'm sure I had
    > a Qualcomm 2760 dual band in late 1999 that had 10008 on it.

  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    I got the download after I dialed *2, getting Claire, hanging up and
    redialing *2. This was after I emailed SPCS on the Contact Us page. When
    10028 came out, I got the message for the update on my phone. That time it
    took only one call to *2.

    We should all campaign to get the new Sprint to do it like Verizon and just
    have us dial something *228 monthly.

    Chris

    "Frank Harris" <frankbhX@XcompuserveX.com> wrote in message
    > Today I got a text message from "Unknown":
    > "Get a FREE PCS Service update by dialing *2 on your PCS phone today. The
    > update occurs while you listen to a brief message. Once completed, hang
    > up!"
    >
    > How could I resist, even though I have no plans to travel to South
    > Korea or Israel. When I called, it was Claire II instead of Claire, and a
    > squealing, whistling sound in-between announcements instead of the usual
    > PRL-update music. When it was done I had 10029 (formerly 10028).
    >
    > I'm on a F&FAF plan. My wife's phone did not receive such a message, and
    > calling *2 from hers didn't initiate a PRL update. I also remember
    > getting such a message in June 2004.
    >
    > My notes show getting a Samsung 2000 updated from PRL 116 to 120
    > (single-band) in a store in Sept. 2000, and getting a Qualcomm 2700
    > upgraded from PRL 222 to 226 (dual-band) in 5/1999, and OTA (!) to PRL 232
    > in 10/1999.
    >
    > --
    > Frank Harris in San Francisco with an A680
  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Ok thanks. Oddly PRL 10010 mistakenly eliminated all automatic roaming
    here in So. Calif. Sprint quickly released 10011 to fix it a month
    later.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Larry - The oldest note I have with a 5-digit PRL is about getting my
    Samsung 3500 (bought 10/1999) upgraded from 10007 to 10010 on 7/26/2000.
    The 3500 and the 2760 were the same generation (fall 1999, MSM3000
    chipset).

    larryt510@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Frank,
    >
    > Any idea when Sprint switched to the 10000 PRL format? I'm sure I had
    > a Qualcomm 2760 dual band in late 1999 that had 10008 on it.

Sprint PCS Internet Service Providers