PRL 10029

Last response: in Network Providers
August 14, 2005 8:04:18 PM

PRL 10029 is likely to be released as early as tomorrow or Tuesday. I
will report as soon as I can if there's anything important about it.

More about : prl 10029

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 7:20:15 PM

As expected PRL 10029 was released today and is now available.
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 7:36:54 PM

Larry,

What does the new PRL offer? Why do we need it?

<larryt510@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> As expected PRL 10029 was released today and is now available.

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 8:59:26 PM

I haven't been able to find out yet what it offers. But for most
customers it's not going to be of much importance.
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 2:53:52 AM

I can remember as far back as PRL 10008 on my Qualcomm 2760.
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 4:18:20 AM

International roaming updates. Unless one plans on traveling to South
Korea or Israel then don't bother getting this update.
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 5:49:57 AM

> I haven't been able to find out yet what it offers. But for most
> customers it's not going to be of much importance.

Well, here's a handy dandy hint for all you folks, if when you initially
dial *2 Talk, then 1, and the system doesn't recognize the need for updating
the PRL, just go into your account, then the Contact Us link, then the email
link, and send them a quickie email mentioning that you are aware of 10029
as a new PRL and to ask them to flag your account.

I received an email back within 3-4 hours from Adah H. in customer support
telling me all phones were flagged, and I updated all three phones lickity
split ...

Bob ::who can't remember what the first PRL I updated in 1998 with my Sony
1201 & Qualcomm 1201 or what ever that model was for dual band ... , but
it's been a hellava lot of updates since then::
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 5:49:58 AM

Bob Smith wrote:

> Bob ::who can't remember what the first PRL I updated in 1998 with my Sony
> 1201 & Qualcomm 1201 or what ever that model was for dual band ... , but
> it's been a hellava lot of updates since then::

I started out with PRL 129 on a Qualcomm QCP-2700 :)  Of course, the PRL
numbers aren't ENTIRELY linear... the three digit PRLS are for non-data
enabled phones.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
August 16, 2005 7:29:25 AM

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 01:49:57 GMT, "Bob Smith"
<usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:

><larryt510@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I haven't been able to find out yet what it offers. But for most
>> customers it's not going to be of much importance.
>
>Well, here's a handy dandy hint for all you folks, if when you initially
>dial *2 Talk, then 1, and the system doesn't recognize the need for updating
>the PRL, just go into your account, then the Contact Us link, then the email
>link, and send them a quickie email

Sorry, do you mean on the web, or were you using Vision?

Thanks, DGI
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 4:10:38 PM

"David G. Imber" <imber@maniform.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 01:49:57 GMT, "Bob Smith"
> <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:
>

> ><larryt510@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> I haven't been able to find out yet what it offers. But for most
> >> customers it's not going to be of much importance.
> >
> >Well, here's a handy dandy hint for all you folks, if when you initially
> >dial *2 Talk, then 1, and the system doesn't recognize the need for
updating
> >the PRL, just go into your account, then the Contact Us link, then the
email
> >link, and send them a quickie email
>
> Sorry, do you mean on the web, or were you using Vision?
>
> Thanks, DGI

The web ... with a computer ... sitting down ... you get the drift ... :)

Bob
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 3:48:06 AM

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:10:38 GMT, "Bob Smith"
<usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:

>> Sorry, do you mean on the web, or were you using Vision?
>>
>> Thanks, DGI
>
>The web ... with a computer ... sitting down ... you get the drift ... :)

Worked like a charm. You've discovered something great here.
(I've been through some really tiresome runarounds with CS.)

Thanks! DGI
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 8:48:04 AM

Today I got a text message from "Unknown":
"Get a FREE PCS Service update by dialing *2 on your PCS phone today.
The update occurs while you listen to a brief message. Once completed,
hang up!"

How could I resist, even though I have no plans to travel to South
Korea or Israel. When I called, it was Claire II instead of Claire, and
a squealing, whistling sound in-between announcements instead of the
usual PRL-update music. When it was done I had 10029 (formerly 10028).

I'm on a F&FAF plan. My wife's phone did not receive such a message,
and calling *2 from hers didn't initiate a PRL update. I also remember
getting such a message in June 2004.

My notes show getting a Samsung 2000 updated from PRL 116 to 120
(single-band) in a store in Sept. 2000, and getting a Qualcomm 2700
upgraded from PRL 222 to 226 (dual-band) in 5/1999, and OTA (!) to PRL
232 in 10/1999.

August 19, 2005 2:29:30 PM

Frank,

Any idea when Sprint switched to the 10000 PRL format? I'm sure I had
a Qualcomm 2760 dual band in late 1999 that had 10008 on it.
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 12:34:57 AM

My two 2700s dating from late 1998 and early 1999, respectively,
both had three-digit PRLs, but I can't recall exactly when they changed.

<larryt510@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1124472570.697017.219700@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Frank,
>
> Any idea when Sprint switched to the 10000 PRL format? I'm sure I had
> a Qualcomm 2760 dual band in late 1999 that had 10008 on it.

Anonymous
August 20, 2005 3:12:39 AM

I got the download after I dialed *2, getting Claire, hanging up and
redialing *2. This was after I emailed SPCS on the Contact Us page. When
10028 came out, I got the message for the update on my phone. That time it
took only one call to *2.

We should all campaign to get the new Sprint to do it like Verizon and just
have us dial something *228 monthly.

Chris

"Frank Harris" <frankbhX@XcompuserveX.com> wrote in message
> Today I got a text message from "Unknown":
> "Get a FREE PCS Service update by dialing *2 on your PCS phone today. The
> update occurs while you listen to a brief message. Once completed, hang
> up!"
>
> How could I resist, even though I have no plans to travel to South
> Korea or Israel. When I called, it was Claire II instead of Claire, and a
> squealing, whistling sound in-between announcements instead of the usual
> PRL-update music. When it was done I had 10029 (formerly 10028).
>
> I'm on a F&FAF plan. My wife's phone did not receive such a message, and
> calling *2 from hers didn't initiate a PRL update. I also remember
> getting such a message in June 2004.
>
> My notes show getting a Samsung 2000 updated from PRL 116 to 120
> (single-band) in a store in Sept. 2000, and getting a Qualcomm 2700
> upgraded from PRL 222 to 226 (dual-band) in 5/1999, and OTA (!) to PRL 232
> in 10/1999.
>
> --
> Frank Harris in San Francisco with an A680
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 4:39:16 AM

Ok thanks. Oddly PRL 10010 mistakenly eliminated all automatic roaming
here in So. Calif. Sprint quickly released 10011 to fix it a month
later.
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 8:03:08 AM

Larry - The oldest note I have with a 5-digit PRL is about getting my
Samsung 3500 (bought 10/1999) upgraded from 10007 to 10010 on 7/26/2000.
The 3500 and the 2760 were the same generation (fall 1999, MSM3000
chipset).