Why does one not hear more about - Mobile Action Handset M..

Last response: in Network Providers
August 17, 2005 4:17:06 AM

Why does one not hear more about - Mobile Action Handset Manager 9.0
(USB data suite) ?
It seems actually better priced than Datapilot and purports to be the
leading sales data transfer software in the world.

http://usa.mobileaction.com/product/product.jsp

I get a better "feel" about the company (than Susteen and Datapilot)
and the fact that the cable included is a "charging" cable - rather
than a USB to Serial cable that does not have the charging function.

The cable does seem to be proprietary to the program functioning, but
the overall "take" seems to be a better company and more stable than
Susteen.

'Few press reviews other than CNET's glowing reviews.

http://reviews.cnet.com/Mobile_Action_Handset_Manager_9...

In any event, - any feedback on the usability of the product, bugs,
the company itself, etc. ?

August 20, 2005 8:12:40 AM

Veronica schrieb:

> In any event, - any feedback on the usability of the product, bugs,
> the company itself, etc. ?

I do not know the other software you mentioned, but I installed Mobile
Action on my neighbour's PC. The first attempt was quite frustrating,
there was an endless loop during the phase cable recognition/driver
installation. Solution: the siftware requires SP2 on Windows XP, but it
was not listed as a prerequisite. AFter SP2 was installed, we could
install the driver and the "manager", and it worked. This was some
weeks ago. Yesterday he wants to use the connection again to print some
images he made with the phone's camera, and guess what? The software
could not establish a connection to the phone. It also does not offer
to install the driver, so apparently it is in some state
in-between...neither installed nor uninstalled... I just contacted MA
via their web support form; we will see if they come up with a
solution...

Personally I am not thrilled; and I am glad that my Razr brought its
own cable and software, which work fine and installed without any
problems.

Hope this helps
Bernd
February 7, 2006 9:46:39 PM

Future Dial is what we use in the field. It has just advanced beyond to a new product ICSS, which incorporates the old UPST program and allows the new Future Dial to offer sftwr updates, PRL, as well as pbswaps.
July 6, 2006 10:44:38 PM

Does anyone have the program for handset manager, i have the ma600
but the program does not work anymore..

windows xp.

thanks

nicky..