Can a Palm Vx be upgraded beyond OS3.5?

July 2, 2004 5:16:14 AM

If so, do you need to buy a CD? I didn't see a download on the Palm
website.

--
Mac Cool

More about : palm upgraded os3

Anonymous
July 2, 2004 5:16:15 AM

Mac Cool rose quietly and spake the following:

> If so, do you need to buy a CD? I didn't see a download on the Palm
> website.

Yes, you can. I upgraded my wife's to 4.1. You have to buy the upgrade, but
it's not available on Palm's site or in any computer store I checked.

I found mine on E-bay. Unlike some that are available on E-bay, it was
authentic. The seller didn't sell all of his, so I know he's got some left.
I actually bought mine after the auction.

--
Derek

"Politics does not make strange bedfellows. Marriage does." -- Groucho Marx

This epigram brought to you by the letter "V" and the number "2".
Anonymous
July 2, 2004 7:07:09 AM

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 01:16:14 GMT, Mac Cool had this to say...

> If so, do you need to buy a CD? I didn't see a download on the Palm
> website.

OS 4 added support for SD Cards, OS 5 is written for ARM processors.
<http://www.palmone.com/us/support/downloads/palm_older....;
You can add the update to 3.5.3.

--
Hope this helps.