Artanis

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2002
My DVD drive used to run just fine. All of a sudden, when i put in a CD or DVD, and click on the drive, it asks me to insert a disk.
As I found out windows has a problem with the drive and cant run it. I guess the drive shown und My Computer is just my virtual drive from my Clone CD program.
My drive is from the brand BTC and its a 16x 32x. Model number BDV-316B. There are no drivers on the web site for it, only for much older drives.
Im running WinXP, no service pack. And Athlon 2000XP+, MSI K7N2-G and 2x256 DDR 333Mhz.

The drive worked fine before, and just all of a sudden it stopped responding.

Here I have a screen shot of what the error description is.
http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/cataclysm/shot1.jpg

Thats real curious, I've got a friend running WinXP Pro with the same problem and same error message, we haven't gotten it straightened out yet though.

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>

He's running with SP1 so upgrading to SP1 is not going to resolve the issue, but the fault probably is in Win XP.

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>