Time to move on, sort of

Last response: in Network Providers
August 17, 2005 5:37:10 AM

Well, I haven't been jobless this whole time, as I believe I've told you
all. But, in a rather amusing turn of events, US Cellular has taken
over the building Sprint once occupied, opened up a new call center
there, and hired me as part of an emerging team providing data support
services there.

There are additional duties involved that are, at this time, a bit hush-
hush, but suffice to say I'm exciting by the chance to be back "in" cell
phones, and maybe even to play a significant role in the future of this
company.

It's definitely a very different company, culture-wise, from Sprint, and
we're working in the shadow of the corporate HQ. But it's also a
company that does not outsource, and this CEO has a longstanding history
of opposing that. So that's good, too.

We'll see how it goes. And I'll still come 'round to cause trouble, I'm
sure. <g>

--
RØß
O/Siris

More about : time move sort

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 3:23:28 PM

Rob,

Good luck with your new job, and thanks for all the excellent posts here
over the years.

-Anne

O/Siris wrote:
> Well, I haven't been jobless this whole time, as I believe I've told you
> all. But, in a rather amusing turn of events, US Cellular has taken
> over the building Sprint once occupied, opened up a new call center
> there, and hired me as part of an emerging team providing data support
> services there.
>
> There are additional duties involved that are, at this time, a bit hush-
> hush, but suffice to say I'm exciting by the chance to be back "in" cell
> phones, and maybe even to play a significant role in the future of this
> company.
>
> It's definitely a very different company, culture-wise, from Sprint, and
> we're working in the shadow of the corporate HQ. But it's also a
> company that does not outsource, and this CEO has a longstanding history
> of opposing that. So that's good, too.
>
> We'll see how it goes. And I'll still come 'round to cause trouble, I'm
> sure. <g>

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 4:26:25 PM

O/Siris wrote:
> Well, I haven't been jobless this whole time, as I believe I've told you
> all. But, in a rather amusing turn of events, US Cellular has taken
> over the building Sprint once occupied, opened up a new call center
> there, and hired me as part of an emerging team providing data support
> services there.

Congratulations, Rob! Best of luck at US cellular. If they covered my
area, I'd probably be moving over with you. :)

FWIW, My journey for good cell service continues. I've actually
resorted to evaluating *gag* Verizon. Sadly, they're performing the
best so far.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
August 17, 2005 5:16:55 PM

"O/Siris" <rØbjvargas@comcâst.nêt> wrote in message
[...]

RX_
O/Siris

Good luck with the new job Rob ...

Bob
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 8:43:42 PM

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 01:37:10 -0500, O/Siris <rØbjvargas@comcâst.nêt> wrote:

>Well, I haven't been jobless this whole time, as I believe I've told you
>all. But, in a rather amusing turn of events, US Cellular has taken
>over the building Sprint once occupied, opened up a new call center
>there, and hired me as part of an emerging team providing data support
>services there.
>
>There are additional duties involved that are, at this time, a bit hush-
>hush, but suffice to say I'm exciting by the chance to be back "in" cell
>phones, and maybe even to play a significant role in the future of this
>company.
>
>It's definitely a very different company, culture-wise, from Sprint, and
>we're working in the shadow of the corporate HQ. But it's also a
>company that does not outsource, and this CEO has a longstanding history
>of opposing that. So that's good, too.
>
>We'll see how it goes. And I'll still come 'round to cause trouble, I'm
>sure. <g>

Congratulations, and good luck. You surely will be a valued part of that team
shortly, given the quality of the advice you've presented here, as well as your
approach to folks who (shall we say) can be difficult to work with.

--
John Bartley K7AAY USBC/DO PDX OR USA
"This is a carburetor," Hank tells his son. "Take it apart, put it back together; repeat until you're normal." - KOTH